Jack Monroe #151 A morally destitute and blatantly mendacious fraud?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
View attachment 442180So I saw this and my brain immediately thought, “witch, please!” 🤣
Why does she think this is fascinating? Why is she so bleeping self important? The performative 'look how hard I'm working' is EXHAUSTING. There are people pulling double shifts in hospitals, dearie.

• Heart
Reactions: 57
Not to 🔺 myself but I’ve never written a cookbook so I don’t know the exact process, but I’m guessing less than a fortnight before deadline, you should have moved beyond the ‘deciding what to include’ stage?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 93
At this stage of book writing, she should be at the dotting the i’s & crossing the t’s.
What is on her wall is the beginnings of an idea for a possible book.

Reactions: 63
Why does she want pity and congratulations for being so bleeping useless?
Why doesn't she just do her job with no fanfare?
And as others have said she shouldn't be just deciding on recipes and rummaging around in old boxes dredging up ideas now should she? She is infuriating. I can only imagine she has been lying to her agent for months about how far advanced the book is.
Her whole attitude is completely contemptuous to her buying public, publisher and agent. And as for using it as a platform to whinge on about trolls - well words (almost) fail. Going for the pathetic pity angle from the word go.

• Heart
Reactions: 55
FEA80C40-6FD8-4136-A74A-05741D06C6C4.jpeg

Hey, she’s found her niche. This is likely the title of the book too. It’s all been building up to this, guys!

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 66
Why does she think this is fascinating? Why is she so bleeping self important? The performative 'look how hard I'm working' is EXHAUSTING. There are people pulling double shifts in hospitals, dearie.
Rinse and repeat. DKL, the shed, Hellman’s, whatever she was doing in her kitchen last week. Every job she gets she shares these manic photos to show how hard it all is. I’ve said this many times but none of the cooks, chefs or food writers I follow ever make such a big deal about what they’re working on. Probably because they’re not still rifling through years old recipes 12 days before their third extended book deadline.

• Heart
Reactions: 49
Rinse and repeat. DKL, the shed, Hellman’s, whatever she was doing in her kitchen last week. Every job she gets she shares these manic photos to show how hard it all is. I’ve said this many times but none of the cooks, chefs or food writers I follow ever make such a big deal about what they’re working on. Probably because they’re not still rifling through years old recipes 12 days before their third extended book deadline.
I used to work with a woman who would make genuinely absolutely beautifully written plans with illustrations for her week and would show anyone who stood still long enough (in the days before social media), but seemed to do absolutely FA apart from that. Jack reminds me of her. The more fuss they make about all their work and plans, the less they do.

Except if you needed a flow chart drawing, my colleague was your girl so she had some use whereas I wouldn’t trust Jack to draw me anything.

• Haha
Reactions: 48
Also, I read the link that someone shared earlier. At some point Jack seemed to get in in her head that tinned chickpeas need to be boiled to 'remove toxins' and whoever was editing this guardian article didn't think to correct it? wtf

View attachment 441954
The only (that I’m aware of) pulse you have to boil to make safe is kidney beans. You certainly don’t have to boil tinned kidney beans.

Reactions: 35
cum curry egg fried rice?
The People’s Republic of Liverpool requests that she does not mess with the food of our many and varied ancestral cultures which came together to produce our current gastronomic perfection.
And we still stand with Yorkshire about the puds.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 42
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.