Jack Monroe #151 A morally destitute and blatantly mendacious fraud?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
According to the Zoopla estimate of her rented bungalow today and the 37x figure, she earns 19,000 annually.

According to the Zoopla estimate of her rented bungalow today and the 32x figure from last year (festival edition), she earns 22,000 annually.

According to my own calculations, she earns a minimum of 15,000 annually just from Patreon.

#Jackenomics

ETA: Her rented bungalow is valued at 669-740k, so I took the middle value. Yes, it's pretty shocking how expensive 4-bed detached homes with large gardens in very desirable areas are.

I have a lot of issues with the housing market and the state of housing. I live in a more expensive area than Jack (yikes), so we have a much more modest, much smaller three bed semi. There are four of us and we have two above average incomes and our house needed extensive work when we bought it. Her expectations are out of control. No two person household needs a four-bed home.
Especially as one is a child who resides parttime

Reactions: 29
Now lads, as we know the owner or director or whatever she is of Bootstrap Ltd only pays herself a living wage. The rest of the money which her company amasses, she does not pay to herself. 🤔
I have a small percentage of my wages going into a credit union account.
I can access the CU account easily and it isn't savings as such. It just takes it out of sight out of mind and I haven't missed it (I'm wfh since the pandemic so haven't spent on fares)
Anyway, my point is if I used Jackenomics I could say I got paid less. The full amount doesn't go into my bank account so therefore, Jackenomics, I don't earn so much.
She's got thousands in the bank, probably hundreds of thousands. At this stage I would not be gobsmacked if she has a million pounds in savings, hidden in some sort of tax loophole account.

(just to add I don't have a million pounds in my CU account)

• Heart
Reactions: 39
If Jack only earns £20k pa, why does she have an agent? The work the agent gets her must only be part of that (possibly £5kpa if we take off the patreon income 😂) and the agent will get their earnings via a cut of that...so what agent in their right mind has someone on their books who only earns them £00s a year?
This comment nails it. If you genuinely earn so little, why have an agent? Let alone a well known agent. If you earn this amount you would likely go with somewhere lesser known to keep some of that money for yourself. You wouldn't set up a ltd company for such a small turnover either because there would be no benefit.

Jack Monroe #152 A Cacophony of Lies

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 65
Can I just once again point out the state of her bleeping instagram - this is a woman being paid to write her seventh cookbook 😭😭😭😭

Screenshot 2021-02-17 at 5.42.26 pm.png

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 82
Desiccated grapes? So, raisins? Blue cheese and raisin pie? COLD blue cheese and raisin pie. Sounds dreamy.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 61
Also, I read the link that someone shared earlier. At some point Jack seemed to get in in her head that tinned chickpeas need to be boiled to 'remove toxins' and whoever was editing this guardian article didn't think to correct it? wtf

Screenshot 2021-02-17 at 5.43.50 pm.png

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 67
I bet that every little expenditure is put through as business expenses on her tax return. A proportion of the rent and utilities, as it is a place of work. All her food (yellow sticker and Ocado) as they are for recipe testing. All her makeup as it is for TV appearances. Cotswold furniture will be work storage. Trips to Edinburgh will be work meetings. Wiggs and clothing will be work attire. IT equipment, including phones and laptops.

I suggest to her that she must be 100% honest with HMRC, including gifted items whether solicited or not. That includes all the fish, "Tiggy and Poo" bags or whatever else she has been gifted. She puts it all online and in the paraphrased words of Sting "Every move you make, every step you take, every claim you make, they'll be watching you"
It will happen dear Mancy. It really, really will.
And when that day comes it will be glorious.
I may even take the day off work to watch it all crumble and HMRC pick through the rubble.
Will you join me? I'll bring snacks and cocktails x

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 38
We know, Jack. We know about the effing semifreddo. You’ve told us!!
she's said it so many times I'm beginning to think it deserves to be a thread title, so she knows that we know and never has to mention the bloody thing again

#152 Jack Monroe gorgonzola semi freddo with desiccated olive and grape

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 85
Also, I read the link that someone shared earlier. At some point Jack seemed to get in in her head that tinned chickpeas need to be boiled to 'remove toxins' and whoever was editing this guardian article didn't think to correct it? wtf

View attachment 441954
Why didn't anyone say that this is madness?
A tin of chickpeas, 1/2 carton (?) of tomatoes, peaches and half a tin of potatoes + assorted ephemera making four meals 🥴

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 40
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.