Jack Monroe #151 A morally destitute and blatantly mendacious fraud?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Ahem @HotesTilaire put it better than me, I'm absolutely not suggesting that parents should have everything sorted immediately because I've seen plenty of surprises/unexpected events/costs etc (babies are just wild considering how small they are, it's energetically baffling, tiny black holes), but if you're listing off all this drama what do you expect your manager to say?
ETA I'm tired and can't seem to express myself properly but @hollowhusk I'm not at all judging anyone, this just comes across as though she found SB in a cabbage patch one morning and kept him on a whim.

@PunkyMonkey I feel a bit sad for you worrying about how you come across because thee are plenty of non-autistic managers I’ve seen who literally do say to a tired single mum who’s mum was minding the baby bit is now is now unwell and the nurseries are full “well how do you think it’s gonna work, didn’t you think before you had a kid” seemingly without a second thought that they might have come across a bit strong, or like a judgey hole.

In Jacks case some or all of its lies so doesn’t really matter.

Too short? How?

• Heart
Reactions: 27
She plays the bleeping victim about everything. Jack, if you hadn't pretended to not be able to afford butter, and hadn't pretended to be vegan, there would be no "detractors" commenting when you do in fact use butter.

Also, how hilarious is it that she's got a whole chapter in her COOKBOOK trying to discredit "cruel online bullies"? No1curr.
Imagine buying a cookbook entitled 'Modern Budget Cookery' and eagerly opening it in the hope of discovering some useful, tasty recipes and then being met with her origin story version #284757329 😩

• Haha
Reactions: 55
Her origin story is falling apart as more and more people are criticizing it and scrutinizing the details. The article in the Telegraph is so obviously her attempt at wrestling control of the narrative again. It’s presented in a ‘Hey guys, look, I’m just a Mum who had no choice but to resign because I had a BREAKDOWN ok?’ T

Now the next tangled web she’s manufactured without thinking it through is that she’s admitted she has a supportive family and co-parent... oh dear.

• Angry
  • Heart
Reactions: 49
If Jack only earns £20k pa, why does she have an agent? The work the agent gets her must only be part of that (possibly £5kpa if we take off the patreon income 😂) and the agent will get their earnings via a cut of that...so what agent in their right mind has someone on their books who only earns them £00s a year?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 52
Ive been on them for years due to anxiety. Never had any checks in relation to them.
Yes thats what a few people are saying that its easy to be pescribed them for anxiety?
Jack didn't say that though she said she was prescribed them for her heart?
Thats the only thing i was questioning really?
(unless she had some kind of pre existing heart condition like a heart murmer or some other issue that was on the medical records?)
Maybe i was being a bit naive in basing my judgement on my own experience?
Its been interesting hearing other people's perspectives and i guess every gp is different as are people's health issues?

Reactions: 21
If Jack only earns £20k pa, why does she have an agent? The work the agent gets her must only be part of that (possibly £5kpa if we take off the patreon income 😂) and the agent will get their earnings via a cut of that...so what agent in their right mind has someone on their books who only earns them £00s a year?
Pro bono waif and stray, maverick, working class, lezzer, leftie, and tattooed corporate social responsibility?

Right back in thread one, someone said an organisation they knew had almost booked Jack to speak at their event for a five figure sum. She's a greedy little goblin who is disingenuous about the wording they use for their salary and also has a ridiculous amount of outgoings through compulsive spending.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 48
I wish the Essex fire service would release a statement. They won't though because of Daddy. And because nobody gives a duck about Jack Monroe leaving her job 10+ years ago.
Is she not libelling them though by telling lies about them? I would hope that they would say something to counter the accusations

Reactions: 27
I can say with hand on heart that I have never had a hot drink in my life and thought 'hmm, needs butter'. (Maybe because I'm 100% vegan or, more likely, because I have tastebuds).
My husband is into running long distance for some unfathomable reason, and swears by a bullet proof coffee in the morning to improve his performance.
I tried it once.... 💩 through the eye of a needle for about 3 days. Something about the addition of pure buttery grease in a drink that just makes me heave.

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 48
I think she found the agent in a puddle x

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 43
Now lads, as we know the owner or director or whatever she is of Bootstrap Ltd only pays herself a living wage. The rest of the money which her company amasses, she does not pay to herself. 🤔

• Haha
Reactions: 45
Yes thats what a few people are saying that its easy to be pescribed them for anxiety?
Jack didn't say that though she said she was prescribed them for her heart?
Thats the only thing i was questioning really?
(unless she had some kind of pre existing heart condition like a heart murmer or some other issue that was on the medical records?)
Maybe i was being a bit naive in basing my judgement on my own experience?
Its been interesting hearing other people's perspectives and i guess every gp is different as are people's health issues?
If she takes them, them she probably was prescribed them for her anxiety and is just spinning the truth to make out she's worse than she is by saying they're for a heart condition. I don't think you've been naive at all.

Reactions: 26
Imagine buying a cookbook entitled 'Modern Budget Cookery' and eagerly opening it in the hope of discovering some useful, tasty recipes and then being met with her origin story version #284757329 😩
I think it would be. Managing your expectations for when you get to melted soap juice and lard Xmas

• Haha
Reactions: 25
i feel like i've typed something like this before, but this is jack's world and everything's repetitive

the last 3 bed house on her road sold for £525,000, divide that by 37 and we can conclude that she's pretending to the squigs that she only makes £14k. plenty of scope for sadfishing and tip jar rattling

as i said earlier on f+d, i hope she doesn't get any ideas from the ptwm wiki! 😲
She's paying £18k a year in rent, which she comfortably affords (although resents it because paying for things is beneath her)

Why can't these Squiggles do the maths?

• Wow
Reactions: 38
If she takes them, them she probably was prescribed them for her anxiety and is just spinning the truth to make out she's worse than she is by saying they're for a heart condition. I don't think you've been naive at all.
She has claimed elsewhere to have a heart condition. It is allegedly the reason she stopped taking testosterone.

TLDR: if a medical condition exists, Jack has claimed to have it at least once.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 41
I bet that every little expenditure is put through as business expenses on her tax return. A proportion of the rent and utilities, as it is a place of work. All her food (yellow sticker and Ocado) as they are for recipe testing. All her makeup as it is for TV appearances. Cotswold furniture will be work storage. Trips to Edinburgh will be work meetings. Wiggs and clothing will be work attire. IT equipment, including phones and laptops.

I suggest to her that she must be 100% honest with HMRC, including gifted items whether solicited or not. That includes all the fish, "Tiggy and Poo" bags or whatever else she has been gifted. She puts it all online and in the paraphrased words of Sting "Every move you make, every step you take, every claim you make, they'll be watching you"

• Haha
  • Angry
Reactions: 71
Also re: the buying an egg, tomato and shite sarnie on the day she was fired... didn’t she say at one point that she was allergic to tomato or am I imagining that?
To be fair to her this sandwich happened seven or eight years before she found out that she was allergic to tomatoes.

• Haha
Reactions: 34
She has claimed elsewhere to have a heart condition. It is allegedly the reason she stopped taking testosterone.

TLDR: if a medical condition exists, Jack has claimed to have it at least once.
Is it time for the bleeping list?
Pray say no, dear heart 🤍

• Haha
Reactions: 30
She tried everything to hang on to her job, bar going part time claiming WTC and moving to a cheaper flat from her executive professional apartment. The the bbc says she was made redundant and lived on “welfare”

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 40
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.