Jack Monroe #152 Gorgonzola semi freddo with dessicated olive and grape

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Good Skilz and best wishes to you all in your fully lit, lie free home. There are so many real families that are victims of circumstances that don’t have their voices heard due to Jack’s poverty fairytale getting recounted every day.
MCDad lost his job due to the pandemic, we do struggle a bit but we have a wonderful local food bank that happily tops up our cat food supplies every fortnight. We count our blessings and so far I haven't had to pimp my husband out to keep the bulbs screwed in:LOL:

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 63
Uh-huh. I crossed to this forum from Sarah Akwisombe's thread and are we allowed to feel heartbroken, if this is our first time finding out about Jack? :/

• Sad
  • Haha
Reactions: 72
Uh-huh. I crossed to this forum from Sarah Akwisombe's thread and are we allowed to feel heartbroken, if this is our first time finding out about Jack? :/
I think you will feel a rollercoaster of emotions on here.

Heartbreak and betrayal
Anger
Guilt
Rage
Sympathy
Sadness
Rage
Rage
Rage
Rage
Happiness (at being surrounded by such lovely people)

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 64
I think you will feel a rollercoaster of emotions on here.

Heartbreak and betrayal
Anger
Guilt
Rage
Sympathy
Sadness
Rage
Rage
Rage
Rage
Happiness (at being surrounded by such lovely people)
It kinda feels like a grief stage doesn't it?
Well... hello everyone!

• Heart
Reactions: 57

Another ridiculous lie. Why would a parent governor be talking to Jack's mum?
instantly
Adverb
1. Later, some time afterwards
“I will pop it in the post instantly.”
2. Never, not at all
“I will instantly write up the recipe”

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 42

“Chefs...repeatedly expressed surprise and delight at what they called my method”. 😂😂

It’s okay, Jack. It’s easy to mistake horror for surprise and delight.

• Haha
Reactions: 57
I don't get it. Not to 🔺but I went to school able to read and write. So has my son. I've never had a single person in education (🔺 I am one) complain about that. Lots of people can read and write before school, especially if they are old for their year, or have parents with the time and skills to teach them, or they like doing it and don't stop, or they go to preschool, or whatever.

Also - I need to get big paper and special pens out to calculate The Prostitution. I've narrowed it down to a window of 9 minutes in late March but I'm sure we can be more precise than that.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 93
I don't get it. Not to 🔺but I went to school able to read and write. So has my son. I've never had a single person in education (🔺 I am one) complain about that. Lots of people can read and write before school, especially if they are old for their year, or have parents with the time and skills to teach them, or they like doing it and don't stop, or they go to preschool, or whatever.

Also - I need to get big paper and special pens out to calculate The Prostitution. I've narrowed it down to a window of 9 minutes in late March but I'm sure we can be more precise than that.
Yeah, I’m not sure that being able to read by school age is the sign of being a maverick genius. Or indeed a sign of autism (which seems to be the point she was trying to make??)

Just as not being able to read by school age doesn’t signify anything negative about intelligence either.

Reactions: 46
What makes me happiest about the most recent round of sleuthing - it's all in her own words. The Threadreader App and all those Guardian articles. She wrote this. She's not being misquoted. And none of it adds up.

I can understand how outsiders may find it petty when we go on about toasters or lard (though I love all of it, just because it's so unhinged), but if anyone is here because they like her and want to check out the evil trolls, please go to the wiki (pink button on top of page). You may not agree with the bantz here, but the facts are there for all to see. I'm hoping to add more receipts for the claims in the potted history section, but rest assured, we do have receipts for all of it. They are buried in these 152 threads.

• Heart
Reactions: 76

I got to tinned peaches in the curry and stopped reading. I don’t believe a GP would diagnose Autism at one appointment, give her a load of resources regarding it and consider it official.

How quick these threads move😀

Reactions: 45
I'm still recovering form the tin nonsense. She's got no time to post anything on Patreon (for which people pay her every month!), but time to duck around painting cans and putting some holes in them (that's as far as the crafting went, right?). Also- is it me or is there still some red sauce in the bottom of this can?
Screen Shot 2021-02-20 at 08.15.21.png

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 56
I'm still recovering form the tin nonsense. She's got no time to post anything on Patreon (for which people pay her every month!), but time to duck around painting cans and putting some holes in them (that's as far as the crafting went, right?). Also- is it me or is there still some red sauce in the bottom of this can?
View attachment 446695
Oh my god...she didn’t even wash out the tins properly?!

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 39
Was she an alcoholic at the time?

Was SBs dad not stepping in to do something rather than let his child live in squalor?
When EssexGirl visited the thread she suggested that Jack’s alcoholism was certainly exaggerated if not a total lie, she had never known Jack to be a big drinker
Morning Frauen und Manner x

Complete bullshit, good find from you! In autumn 2012 she moved from her executive flat to a two-bed (going from 725£ to 675 in rent). She was financially secure enough at this point to take on two cats.

She then started a home craft business, had some photos locally exhibited, and got a job at the Southend Echo. AFAIK that job was as a trainee reporter. The only way her story makes sense is if she was, indeed, hired as the paper's official prostitute, which would be quite the scandal.

She signed her first book deal in May 2013.

ETA: in the anonymous Buzzfeed piece about domestic violence in same sex relationships, she specifically claimed to have worked as a prostitute prior to her pregnancy. Admittedly details could have been changed to preserve anonymity etc, but a key part of that story was that the abusive girlfriend was abusive while Jack was pregnant and bullied her for having worked as a prostitute.
As expected then, all complete lies 😡

• Heart
Reactions: 39
View attachment 446695
The thing is it isn’t the worst idea in the world and could be an idea for kids to do some crafting during lockdown. However the way her followers are acting like this is the most innovative thing in the world you would think she had created the Covid vaccine.

• Haha
Reactions: 45
View attachment 446695
You can also really see how jagged the edges of the holes are in this pic! And to use it you have to put your hand into it...this is so unsafe, how are people applauding it?!

• Haha
Reactions: 37
You can also really see how jagged the edges of the holes are in this pic! And to use it you have to put your hand into it...this is so unsafe, how are people applauding it?!
Never mind *how* she actually makes these holes safely? I mean, an old tin, a screwdriver and a hammer does seem to be a recipe for disaster even for those less disaster-prone than Jack.

• Haha
Reactions: 32
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.