Jack Monroe #102 Stop getting Bond wrong!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Congratulations to @blurstoftimes for the thread title! 78 reactions 🎉 it could only be this one, couldn’t it? Brava, Blurst.

Recap of thread #101

1. The cooking lessons with her ‘mysterious’ bubble buddy continued. First up, Ribolitta and hot and sour soup.
  2. Mushroom dust? She invented it, fam.
  3. She has a lot of people on block on Twitter. ‘Chat tit get banned innit.’
  4. Don’t be saying she doesn’t stick to her words - she actually sent those chocolate bars, didn’t she. Thrifty Shades of Beige recipe cards, you say? What were they again? - they seem to have slipped her mind.
  5. She showed off her massive fridge. Where’s the butter, Jack? Only got lard, ain’t I, guvnor.
  6. Her bubble buddy is just a buddy. Good job too cos she doesn’t know how to put things away in a fridge, not to Jack’s standards anyway. What a silly buddle. How would she be able to survive without Jack?
  7. Joe Biden winning the US election had the gall to interrupt lockdown larder. She cracked out a dad joke in retaliation.
  8. #Saltyjack strikes again.
  9. She afforded herself a thanks from Marcus Rashford. Cheers mate, I did pave the way for you, didn’t I? Enjoy that MBE, WON’T YOU.
  10. Remembrance Sunday? Forget about that - she’s got a splinterrrrrr. The Audacity. It turned into a bit of a Sunday saga, to say the least.
  11. More ‘uppity blue ticks gone rogue’. They seem to be popping up like little mushrooms.
  12. đŸŽ”Wood FINGERRR, she’s the Jack, the Jack with the liar’s touch đŸŽ¶ ... she’s a massive Bond fan, of course. And everyone’s getting it wrong!
  13. Nay matter, she deleted her Bond discourse. Prolly cos she admitted to being a fan on the hellsite.
  14. The splinter to end all splinters may in fact jeopardise her cooking stint with The Guardian. That’s right, Jack. Best get those disclaimers out early.
  15. The frauen had some fun with Monroe, Jack Monroe.
  16. Tank Girl appeareth.
  17. Her and her buddle made a mediocre pizza despite fancy cheese. Sow’s ear, silk purse and all that.
  18. She trod on some glass agaiiiiiin.
    [*]
    For new joiners to the thread, here is @Passive_Aggressive_Lemon ‘s ‘Jack for Dummies’ post (edited to include updated info):

Thought it might be useful for new followers to have a post at the start of each thread with some info.
    Limegoss article about Jack versus Jamie Oliver : https://limegoss.com/jack-monroe-jamie-oliver/

Thread #31 is the infamous one in which Jack turns up to talk to us directly. She makes her appearance on p. 17.

For anyone wanting to relive the glory days of her two-week stint on Daily Kitchen Live (DKL), have a grunk a through threads 2-9.

*** JACKISMS ***

Jack’s most oft-used reply to questions on recipe substitutions:

Yes, absolutely x

Some other favourite Jack quotes:

‘Babe, same’

‘I did a chaos’

‘My maverick brain’

‘My sad little face’

‘I’m BUSY’

‘I HOOTED / I am FIZZING’

‘I laughed up a lung’

One of Jack’s followers once referred to Tattlers as sad hausfraus and Jack herself has likened us to a cabal. Therefore we have become the Cabal of Hausfrausâ„ąïž. She also recently referred to us as ‘gossip mavens’ (so, we are gossip trusted experts). ** Recent additions to her terms of endearment for Tattle: conspiracy wankers, obsessive groups of completely unhinged bullies, bullying ninnies, and malign, vicious bullies **

To ‘GrunkaLunka’ your way through a thread means to catch up on posts. Named after a member who rather epically caught up on many threads in a short period of time (and is also a fearless pioneer of the space-time continuum. She really was here both Now and Then).

Jack once threatened to use her Liam Neeson skills to TRIANGULATE our whereabouts in order to intimidate us, so that’s what we mean by that. * She may also threaten to take us to court - do not be afraid, this is not the first time and it won’t be the last. *

Jack once sideboard modelled a Vivienne Westwood dress, seeming to infer that it’s what Viv would have wanted (as if she were dead), and then got snippy when corrected otherwise. There may be some ‘RIP Viv’ jokes (she is, of course, NOT dead)

We sometimes joke about being on Vladimir Putin’s bitcoin payroll list for being evil trolls.

During her stint on Daily Kitchen Live, Jack produced a godawful looking lasagne, with a thin white sauce that never thickened up, just disappeared. It was widely likened to ‘horse spunk’ - there may be some horse ‘spirit’ lasagne jokes.

Her last-uttered line to Matt Tebutt on DKL was: ‘Thank you so Matt much, Matt’, which made us all HOOT.

Jack ended a tweet that listed her (not unimpressive) four-and-a-half GCSE results (A*, A, B, B, C) with: ‘Now duck off’. We sometimes like to use this in our own posts for comedic effect. We are NOT telling other fraus to duck off, simply paying homage to Jack’s own genteel humour.

*Back in the mists of time, one funny frau used a Jimmy Nail ‘She’s Lying’ picture to illustrate their thoughts on one of Jack’s latest tales. @Alpha Beta thought it was Novak Djokovic, the cabal hooted and Novak Nail was born. You may see reference to Jimmy Nail, Novak Djokovic, or the combination of both: Novak Nail. All demonstrate that she’s lying.*

Also:
    • She grew up in a 5-bed (mortgaged/owned) house
    • She got a ÂŁ4.5k Omega watch for her 21st birthday
    • Her dad's a bleeping LANDLORD (an oldy, but a goody)
    • Jack and Louisa are no longer in a relationship - in Jack’s words: ‘She [Louisa] left’.
    • Her record for staying off Twitter since the start of these threads is 114 hours and 47 minutes.
    • She is 90% vegan. The other 10% likes to nom nom on Five Guys burger and discounted chicken slices.
    • During her appearance on DKL, she was asked why some mince has a higher fat content. ‘It just does.’
    • The information held on her by Companies House has her year of birth WRONG. She was born in 1988, not 1978.
    [*][*][*]
    Here is a link to Jack’s Tattle Wiki page, which also includes clips of Matt Tebutt muttering ‘Terrible!’ on Daily Kitchen Live, courtesy of @Yel) and @Bookweevil ‘s hilarious Glossary of Jack.

We are terrible for going off on tangents and using too many gifs, so there is another thread where we don’t discuss JM but instead talk about biscuits and stuff. For good light relief when JM is doing too much chaos, come to the Food & Drink threads in Off Topic.

• Lastly, but importantly, when submitting ideas for the next thread title, please use the words ‘thread title’, as it makes it easier to search. Just using the number won’t be enough. We also can’t have swears in the title, and try to hold off until around p. 40 for your suggestions, if possible. ThankYOU.
    [*][*][*][*]

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 114
First!

bleeping First!

Sorry I've been so far behind for so long, I got a bit carried away there.

• Haha
Reactions: 47
Amazing recap as ever!

I've got such a vivid mental picture of the last few hours at Casa Slop. Jack frantically clicking through tank videos for her VERY IMPORTANT reference while Bond theme songs blare from various radios. Her stomping around the crappy bungalow ranting about that bullying bleep of a squiggle and her asparagus vendetta while BB makes "there there" noises and mops Jack's fevered brow/rubs ointment on her ouchy finger (all the while looking for an escape route).

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 57
Thanks Poca! I’ve given up trying to keep up. Just pop in for the first few and last few pages now and it’s far simpler.

Silver, ta for the dutiful screenshotting 💚

Why have we gone back in time five months to the broken glass incident?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 51
Honestly people like her are so bad for the reputation of those people who have ACTUAL BLOODY CHRONIC ILLNESSES

I have nerve damage, amongst the shopping list of other crap, and consequently stumble, trip, burn myself without knowing. I hardly ever tell anyone about the latest knock because it is so monotonous and dull, plus sounds attention seeking. And she's crying over a fecking splinter??!

Boils my piss.

• Heart
Reactions: 63
If I’d managed to get my ex to move back in I’d be acting the same as Jack...but that’s cos he’s a fuckin bellend and I’d be wanting to piss him off and drive him away forever

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 92
Stanley Knife? Completed it, fam

Am I allowed to do a completed it? Apologies if I’ve misappropriated it

• Haha
Reactions: 47
So she actually writes down she has been huffing all day on the couch with a splinter? Omg. No wonder she thinks her life is tit if that is enough to tip her over the edge.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 54
Sentient Squiggles, they’re learning! Nature is healing, we are the virus đŸ™đŸ»

• Haha
Reactions: 50
Its comical and infuriating just how bleeping ridiculous she is! This is a woman in her 30s, with a child. Lol wot

• Haha
Reactions: 57
Sentient Squiggles, they’re learning! Nature is healing, we are the virus đŸ™đŸ»
No doubt by tomorrow we'll be back to lovely old grannies selling their dentures to buy butter for poor ickle Jack and her catalogue of ouchies.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 26
Jack you’ve already done ‘treading on broken glass’ in the last few months, try again mate!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 46
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.