Jack Monroe #101 The bubble bursts

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Loooong time lurker here. (Joined early but stupidly used a username awfully similar to my own...practically handed myself to Vlad on a Wedgewood plate. Hence the changed moniker)
Origin story much the same as many others...used to admire our Jackie's ethos...then started to question it, my first alarm bells tolled when she was in her severe arthritis/walking stick/ twenty train journeys a day school run phase.
As time has passed I've grown increasingly enraged by her poverty cosplay and sheer duplicity all served up with a helping of naricissim.
I've been poor, really poor. Single mum of four on benefits poor...and yet never felt the need for her histrionics. Head down, worked hard, just about scraped through it. Huge empathy for anyone else in a similar position, it sucks, but things do get better, I promise.
I retrained and became a Train Driver (triangulate that Vlad) so pop in and like things at weird times of day or night..shift work innit. But just wanted to say that joining this thread has been a highlight of this strange year, you lot are so erudite, funny, quick, compassionate and lovely and it's become one of the favourite parts of my day to read here. Eases the stress of driving my train with this new level of heightened risk of large bottomed Mediterranean types wedging themselves to my train.
Anyhow,. Thank you Matt much Matt.
Now duck off...( You literally have no idea how long I've waited to say that!)

You are my idol. I'd love to be a train driver, please don't burst the bubble (!!) and say it's boring.

Welcome frau and duck Off!

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 54
No comment from Jack about the statement Marcus Rashford has released about the government U turn on free school meals. Presumably she is dinosaur napping through it all!
Yeah Jack actually knew it was going to happen years ago because of her extensive behind the scenes work and media connections. Rest assured she'll be commenting to all the right people (secret government people-you wouldn't know them).

• Haha
Reactions: 40
And they couldn't possibly credit her like theh do everyone else they work with. In fact government are obliged to name all contributors. But not jack, she can't possibly be named.

• Haha
Reactions: 26
Marcus gets a mural. Jack Doesn’t.

• Heart
Reactions: 48
And they couldn't possibly credit her like theh do everyone else they work with. In fact government are obliged to name all contributors. But not jack, she can't possibly be named.
My top level civil service connections inform me that they're still in discussions about how exactly they might credit the strange tiny woman who spent an hour howling and clawing the floor of a Whitehall reception area whilst claiming to be taking part in a consultation. Their task is made more challenging as several staff who witnessed the incident remain on long term leave and are unable to do more than mutter about "brown slop", "lightbulbs", "claws" and "the dreadful howl of a banshee".

• Haha
Reactions: 61
Sorry I’m jumping back a few pages/topics but lockdown larder here we go...

If you were a squiggle and had a random spring onion, a quarter jar of pickled ginger and some clotted cream, would you not just type into google your ingredients plus the word recipe? Jack gives the poor squiggles more work by just saying curry, stew, pasta sauce. They will then have to go searching for a suitable recipe. Jack is just the middle man but for nothing. Why is she getting tipped for suggesting “sling it in a curry” Include one of your slop recipes if you must with subs if needed. You’ll get money from a click I’m sure. Encourage people to get cooking. Sorry just a wee rant. And breatheeeeee.
Yep. I'm sure I'm about as imaginative as many of these squiggles when it comes to cooking (dunno what I'd do with a celeriac, or multiple tins of coconut milk) but it is reassuring that I'm quite good at googling. ;) Dear squiggles, you can google the ingredients you have, you can specify UK sites so you get the right measurements, you can google whether X can be substituted for Y - there's a world of information out there available outside the times of 4-5pm (and that's subject to napping schedule)

• Haha
Reactions: 29
She talks that much tit that conflicts itself she probably gaslights herself.

• Haha
Reactions: 35
I think the reason it takes so many squiggles so long to twig is that they (we - I was one of these once), especially the blue tickers, are very often left leaning, well educated people and they (we) are terrified that they will be accused of transphobia/homophobia/hating poor people/not understanding poverty if they criticise. Because there are definitely many people out there like that, I have seen the odd one on Jack’s timeline but there were probably many more when she was a bit more in the public eye.
I once criticised a vegan blogger 🔺 on a big vegan forum and was accused of being fat phobic. It happens.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 50
I don't know if it's a filter or she's dialing up the sharpness/contrast but so many of her pics look like the food has been sitting for a while congealing, rather than freshly made.
I agree. They also look like they have been reheated and stirred a bit before the photo taken.

Reactions: 18
With apologies to the veggie and vegan volk. Here’s one from the archives. Whatever happened to Chuka?
View attachment 303279
What an absolute shocker that Jack is mates with privately educated, über-centrist, Blue Labour, defector to Lib Dems failure Chuka Umunna. The only politics she’s interested in is the Blairite promotion of a false meritocracy, in which people believe they succeed through sheer talent and hard work without acknowledging the systemic privilege which got them there. Not that Jack is successful, but her ridiculous accounts of working all hours and through the night is a genuine delusion that she deserves her pilfered Patreon income.

It’s looking at photos like these which make the work she has had done so glaringly obvious. I’m not theoretically against people having tit done to their face but for some reason it really irritates me with Jack, perhaps because it just adds to her cute-manic-pixie-shy-autie-too-poor-to-care-about-appearance narrative when actually she’s a vain, egomaniacal demon who spunks her cash on fast fashion (that bleeping Dolly Parton blouse omg) and only looks cute because of filler. Tbh I think she was a bit of a pie face before.

Props for conning people into buying an extra copy of your book for food banks rather than donating them out of pocket so you could get lips, cheekbones and a jawline injected, I suppose, Jack.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 52
I don't know if it's a filter or she's dialing up the sharpness/contrast but so many of her pics look like the food has been sitting for a while congealing, rather than freshly made.
I reckon she does leave the dishes to get cold before she takes her photo of them - it's really hard to get a decent shot of a bowl of food with steam coming from it. It was most noticeable here, where she cracked an egg into cold noodles, saying the heat of the broth would cook it. If it had been warm in the slightest, some of the white at least would have changed from being translucent.

Screen Shot 2020-11-08 at 10.55.12.png

• Sick
  • Heart
Reactions: 54
No sign of ‘Military Jack’ this morning? I would have thought she’d get her Mediterranean arse out of bed for Rememberance Sunday but no .....,,,,, an automated tweet with dry oats.
I’m back off to thread 10- I’m catching up on all her tit. It’s exhausting to read, how does she live like that?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 46
What an absolute shocker that Jack is mates with privately educated, über-centrist, Blue Labour, defector to Lib Dems failure Chuka Umunna. The only politics she’s interested in is the Blairite promotion of a false meritocracy, in which people believe they succeed through sheer talent and hard work without acknowledging the systemic privilege which got them there. Not that Jack is successful, but her ridiculous accounts of working all hours and through the night is a genuine delusion that she deserves her pilfered Patreon income.
Her idea of political activism is basically these kind of self-promoting photo ops.

• Heart
Reactions: 29
I’m nearly 50. Channel 3 is a familiar term if I really think about it and I’d have said ITV under pressure in a quiz show, but it’s not a term I’ve ever heard used regularly
I'm three years older than Jack and right up until my teens, it would have been Channel 1, Channel 2, Channel 3 and Channel 4 in my house. In fact, I'm still more likely to say "What's on 3?" than "What's on ITV?" if I think about it.

Reactions: 23
I think the reason it takes so many squiggles so long to twig is that they (we - I was one of these once), especially the blue tickers, are very often left leaning, well educated people and they (we) are terrified that they will be accused of transphobia/homophobia/hating poor people/not understanding poverty if they criticise. Because there are definitely many people out there like that, I have seen the odd one on Jack’s timeline but there were probably many more when she was a bit more in the public eye.
I once criticised a vegan blogger 🔺 on a big vegan forum and was accused of being fat phobic. It happens.
I think that's a big part of it, also a lot of her blue tick fan club are proper posh upper middle class who don't have any experience of being on benefits themselves or much significant contact with people who have. I sometimes like to amuse myself by imagining that post-Jack they're all secretly terrified their cleaners will randomly start howling and shredding the artfully distressed Persian rug before belting out Common People on the old Joanna.

• Haha
Reactions: 32
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.