Jack Monroe #101 The bubble bursts

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Ugh. 'I can't eat onions or garlic'.

'Can you eat onions?'.

No, you inane fuckwit. If somebody says they can't eat onions or garlic, they can't eat onions.

• Haha
Reactions: 47
Thank you for posting this. I think I made a comment about not understanding why Louisa would go back to Jack given the fact that she just overall...better... I didn't call her stupid (and I don't think she is - she's clearly properly clever but that has little bearing on it anyway) I hope dearly that this isn't the situation and Jack is just a good duck or something, so why not. If this is the situation then she absolutely has my sympathy.

The bit I'm struggling (personally, not judging or policing anyone else) with a little bit is the hints of coersion (how do you SPELL that) because it's such a huge thing to be accusing someone of without concrete evidence. Like, it's coercivally controlling someone is illegal and rightly so. I know we all say that Jack is a fraudster and morally she absolutely is, but with her grifting she doesn't actually seem to be breaking any laws, unfortunately.

I don't know, it seems like a big thing to say that she has got this hold over Louisa. But also maybe it's a thing that needs to be said. Struggling to work out where to stand on it all but just wanted to throw my thoughts into the ring, if for no other reason than to selfishly assuage my guilt at having been a bit judgy towards Louisa (although I stand by my judginess over the book hiding.)

Two sides of the same coin, innit. In as far as it's impossible to know for sure whether Jack has gone full narc on Louisa or whether Louisa genuinely is happy being back. Either way it clearly looks to be a pretty toxic relationship.

Thanks for the link JuliaGulia. Hope you're not too triggered by it all and are looking after yourself.

Edited slightly because I can't word it to express what I want it to express 🙃
I think this all is why I don’t think the relationship ever really ended as Jack made out. Pretending it had a) got her attention on twitter and b) meant she could continually, publicly, guilt trip Louisa while making herself the victim in all the squiggles eyes.

edit cos I have fat fingers and submitted too soon:

and if Louisa never really fully LEFT, her seeming to go back makes so much more sense.

Reactions: 22
When she writes that food is 'her job' then does a whole "I HAVE to tighten my belt and live on £20" because of 'stuff', YOU DON'T HAVE A JOB in bleeping food then...
I'm a gnats knacker from going off on one on her Twitter, the bleep.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 53
She's wrong, semi skimmed milk makes just as good a custard just not as rich as full fat. It's milk, it's properties are the same. They're no need whatsoever too make a white sauce, it doesn't work like that, you need eggs to set it.
Absolutely. Why would you want a white sauce in bread and butter pudding? You need a custard. Anyone who knows how to cook would know when to use a white sauce (made properly) and when to use a custard.

Problem is, I am not sure those basics are there.

• Haha
Reactions: 37
Genuinely, why would you have thousands of tins of coconut milk or coconut cream in the cupboard in the first place if you don’t really know what to do with them, and given that they keep forever why not just have a weekly massaman or a coconut rice pudding to look forward to rather than using it up all at once? These people are just as unhinged as her.

• Haha
Reactions: 44
Why do people keep saying 'glut'?! Omg. Maybe it is her on alts. The small contradictions are flying. I second whoever said fridge clear out was a Thursday only a few weeks ago. So yup, once again, SHE'S LYING

• Haha
Reactions: 36
I’ll say it again. You do NOT have to live in the same house to bubble with them. In the first lockdown you couldn’t see people who lived in a different town at all, and loads of people on their own struggled a lot with this (I didn’t see anyone I knew in person for more than 3 months, but I am very self sufficient). Now though, you can bubble with someone else and carry on living apart and travel between locations when you want to see each other. As I now do. I will not be moving my bloke in with me and elaborately labelling the fridge. It’s a complete nonsense.

• Heart
Reactions: 41
my Twitter feed is hilarious atm. everyone's going yay Biden Biden Biden, then Jack pops up every so often with curry/stew/soup 🤣

Screenshot_20201107-163719_Twitter.jpg

oh, just seen she's acknowledged it now! 🙃

• Haha
Reactions: 34
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.