Jack Monroe #101 The bubble bursts

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Sorry for being snappy, she is rubbing me up the wrong way over this Louisa business and I am being overly sensitive.

I am in the vulnerable group, as is Jack (according to her). My partner lives down south and works in Westminister (Fancy), similarly to Jack's partner. We have taken this pandemic seriously, and as my health could be compromised by exposure to Covid, we have taken the difficult decision to have not met up since Manchester went into local lockdown, months ago. But here is Jack thinking about ways to bypass and stretch the rules and push the exemptions to the extreme. The rules are there to protect the vulnerable. She is treating it all like a game. She just plumbs greater depths every day.

Covid is all fun and games for Jack, giggling because she has got her wealthy girlfriend back. Louisa might not have the wealth of Allegra, but she has a great income to keep Jack in Cotswolds and showering her with expensive Dyson products. All the time Jack carries on scamming the poor for her day to day expenses. Louisa should be ashamed.

All the time I am doing my bit to ensure this pandemic doesn't spread, Jack is selfishly carrying on as normal. If Jack does contract Covid from her London based girlfriend, I will have no sympathy. A bubble is not intended to sate the desire for a shag.

One good thing though, my partner will be moving to Manchester sometime next year to head up a department that is moving a large contingent of staff up here (🔺). I will not, like Jack has done, carry on as if I am on a limited income because my circumstances will have changed.
I am sorry the last few months have been so tough, made even more so by having someone who has a platform to do so much good wasting it on endless streams of shite.

I think we are all at our wits end at the moment. My bugbear is our dear puppet master Cummings who lives quite nearby and was seen walking in my local woods 🔺. She too is bending the rules like light bending through a prism. But her infantile lists and 👀 not-so-discreet hints are just infuriating.

Roll on next year for the move ... please don’t call him your BB!!!

• Heart
Reactions: 32
Jack and the general public, just a reminder: we don't expect you to be poor to write cookery books for people. This is ridiculous, otherwise no rich person could head up a philantropic organisation. We don't want you to pretend you are poor so that other poor people pity you and send you the money THEY desperately need. This is manipulative. Having a tip jar and patreons is not illegal but to hint that you are in need is unethical. Stop it!

Also stop talking dismissively about people who are close to you on pulic platforms. It is hurtful!!

• Heart
Reactions: 46
Patreon Sub: 'Excuse me Jack, I've sent a few messages now! I know you said not to bother you on Twitter publicly because of those vicious bullies but it has been over a month now and I was just wondering where my recipe cards were? Sorry again to bother you, I know you're really busy with your book and all of your TV projects etc'

Jack: 'You get a lion bar! You get a lion bar! You get a lion bar!'

• Haha
Reactions: 55
Congratulations to the person who thought of the thread title, let’s hope it come true.
Sort of on topic -!I was watching the great and inspired Judge Judy yesterday, she was handing down advice about “waster “ type men. I suddenly realised that was exactly how my ex was.
Hindsight is great, certainly didn’t realise it at the time.

• Heart
Reactions: 20
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 73
more controlling nonsense, labelling the fridge stuff.

Screenshot 2020-11-07 at 14.03.49.png

And her kitchen is always hot? But I thought she was freezing cold like Bob Crachit?

Also she has a whole fridge for JUST fruit and veg?! what!?

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 66
234D969C-DBB7-4309-A6E3-806A1DD62233.jpeg
6A5C5C25-C345-4F27-AF44-69271F871BC7.jpeg

It’s a video. Of her waving. Waving at her fridge. That I watched. I watched a video of her waving at a fridge.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 82
She attacks people for mithering about things they don't know... well why is she sharing the minutia of her life like this then?! The inside of her fridge, the inside of her cupboards etc etc.

She shares things like this, then wonders why people ask prying questions that get her back up. She invites it all (yes, even the Frau's forensic research) by oversharing bollocks constantly.

• Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 53
I've been feeling a bit uncomfortable with some of the comments about Louisa being stupid to go back to Jack, that she knows what she's like, that she is an intelligent woman with a high powered job so it's her own fault.
I realise that this is because I have been in a similar situation (though my narc was way more covert and I wasted 6 years trying to help him) so it is triggering to me. It may not be what is going on in this situation at all, but it does look very similar.
I hope this link works, as it's the best information I have found on the subject to explain it to people.
Trauma Bonding
Thank you for sharing the trauma bonding insta link - really interesting. I'm not trivialising it when I say that some of the symptoms are displayed by JM's squiggles. I was a squiggle to the point that I found this site whilst googling to find the link to JM's tip jar because I'd been sucked in by the £20 shops and the trolley grift. Even being part of this group makes me wonder whether JM still has too much of my attention, but tbh, now I'm now here for the laughs and honesty of a great group of people.

• Heart
Reactions: 47
Could a fridge contents look any more stripped of joy? Explains an awful lot.

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 37
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.