Jack Monroe #101 The bubble bursts

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I once had a small piece of plastic stuck in my foot for a month. I thought I had plantar fasciitis. When I finally realised, I dug it out with a key.

No harm, no foul, but this was my first year of university so the amount of cheap alcohol in my body may have helped prevent infection.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 54
As someone from a military family remembrance day would surely be a big thing for her? Lots of my military friends have put very moving things on Facebook today, they weren't tweeting about splinters. I bet her dad was watching and thinking of his friends

My dad was of the generation that went to fight in WW11 (he was conscripted down the mines as a Bevin boy), remembrance day was always a big thing in our house, he always helped my mum with the housework and he would get his vaccuming done early so he could watch it in full, complete with standing for the 2 minutes silence and thinking of his friends who didn't come home. Then a sit down with a mug of tea watching the parade and the bands.

BTW, we watched the ceremony last night, and Sophie ellis bextor made me cry singing somewhere over the rainbow

• Heart
Reactions: 37
I’ve nipped out of resus to check on the splinter situation - when will she update us? This is time critical, she’ll need IV antibiotics stat & the staff will all applaud her as she bravely whimsy’s out of ED :LOL:. She is insufferable and I wish that someone close to her would intervene. She’s not a child - she’s allegedly a grown woman with her own child.

• Haha
Reactions: 33
Hi Cabal from the House of Fraus, I have a confession to make 😥I'm going through an collecting recipe books phase atm and well........ after seeing Tin Can Cook on offer for £1 and thinking "Can it really be that bad"? I purchased it (regrettably) 😭😭😭😭😭

Can honestly say this is the first time I've felt queasy reading a cookbook

her sloppy tuna surprise is still haunting me.

she has a way with words! First glance I thought I was reading a Mills and Boon book 😂"the lingering lubrication, satiation, of a layer of fat and gravy disappearing down my greedy gullet". !it's importantly her taste tester Caroline, is she ok? Were her tastebuds permanently damaged?

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 70
Is that a real quote? I can’t tell what’s parody anymore!

• Haha
Reactions: 30
Cannot roll my eyes hard enough at splinter-gate. Never been mentioned before, no pics have been posted so we can only assume, SHE'S LYING. No sign of the £20 shop that she cleared the fridge for, wonder why? Yes, it's because she doesn't want to have to explain why Dearheart Bubble Friend is not chipping in so they can get an extra bag of cheap, cheapie, cheapest crisps. (Or, they have another Ocado delivery full of lovely big grapes and soups en route, you silly idiots.)

A bleeping splinter lie to cancel out the £20 shop. Heard it all now

• Haha
Reactions: 46
View attachment 303522What? She was rude to you. These squiggles give me strength
Mate, will you just duck off. I’m trying to take some old news and insert myself right in the middle of it at the moment. Then you come swanning just as I was about to tenuously and clumsily tie this in the the Biden-Harris victory whilst still maintaining a front line about my ouchy finger. GET THE duck OUT OF MY NICHE!! Oh and have this 🥰 in anticipation of your inevitable prostrating at the foot of my Altar of Tin-can Fuckwittery.

• Haha
Reactions: 24
Hi Cabal from the House of Fraus, I have a confession to make 😥I'm going through an collecting recipe books phase atm and well........ after seeing Tin Can Cook on offer for £1 and thinking "Can it really be that bad"? I purchased it (regrettably) 😭😭😭😭😭

she has a way with words! First glance I thought I was reading a Mills and Boon book 😂"the lingering lubrication, satiation, of a layer of fat and gravy disappearing down my greedy gullet". !it's importantly her taste tester Caroline, is she ok? Were her tastebuds permanently damaged?
You do have to wonder if her taste-tester is a Labrador called Caroline.

• Haha
Reactions: 31
Kind of OT but my 'Table Manners' Cookbook to go with the Jessie Ware and her Ma's podcast arrived and it's lovely.
New book smell - Spot on
Recipes - Spot on
Photos - Spot on.

Thank you to the Frau who reminded me to order it.

• Heart
Reactions: 25

You must be that royalty cheque she got through the other day 😉

The word lubrication 🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮

• Haha
Reactions: 23
it's a miracle i'm not dead because whenever i can't get a splinter out i just soak it for a bit, deal with the pain and let it come out naturally 🤷‍♀️. Why is she such a ginormous baby about everything? So do we think Louisa has LEFT?

• Haha
Reactions: 31
Lemme guess, following the trip to the pharmacist, they were shocked that Jack hadn't gone straight into intensive care, it was the MOST SEVERE splinter they had ever seen

I'm betting she'll come back with loads of paraphernalia that she doesn't need to garner attention sympathy. Dressings, creams, bandages, pain, a neck brace
You forgot wheelchair.

• Haha
Reactions: 16
Jack dear, people are going to start noticing that you have a medical issue every single time you have a public engagement

• Haha
Reactions: 41

I checked out a digital copy at the library and swiftly returned it within the hour because every recipe was just random as duck. It was like when you donate a load of tinned food to school for Harvest Festival so they end up with 30 tins of beans, a load of boxes of cornflakes and a random tin of peaches. Our Jackie would turn it into a curry.

I grew up thinking ITV was actually IEV, because no-one in my house pronounced their Ts. Bu’er, wa’er, I’ve no idea how they didn’t even bother when saying acronyms though 🤷‍♀️

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 37
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.