Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

PennyLoafer

Chatty Member
Look for the bare depressipes
The joyless bare depressipes
Forget about your capers and your spice!
I mean the bare depressipes
Yes, Jack Monroe's dour recipes
That aren't a real necessity of life
Wherever she argues
Wherever she moans
She has to go back to her shitty home
Matt Tebbutt's hooting with sheer glee
At being Jack-free on TV
If you don't care for the lemon bantz
Well aren't you just a fancy pants?
But if you're feeling blue
The bare depressipes of life
Will come to you
They'll come to you!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 89

Saint_clemmie

VIP Member
Just thought, as I tried and failed to explain fractions to my child, who is spending any time with her child? Especially when she’s doing this whole shed business? He seems to never be mentioned. I hate the whole MODFOD showing kids, but if I was doing a project like the shitshed then my kids would help 🤷🏻‍♀️
shes spent 2 weeks immersed in DK, then the shes project and now whatever this new show is (not caught up yet because home schooling) when is she spending time with her child?

Come on ..... it is fessin’ up time. Lisa, and Jemima, reveal yourselves. What are your Tattle account names. :D

I’ll own up to Lisa now that Jacks blocked me🙊

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 47
I agreed with how she handled the KH thing. KH was being appaling. That is true harrassment - sending her thousands of followers to JM on a complete fabrication. And yes, she did offer her a way out. KH deserved everything she got.

However, what KH did is in no way comparable to what happens on this thread.

A) this is an anonymous forum, so no one is riling up thousands of followers to attack her
B) the vast majority of people here do not engage with JM directly at all
C) it's made clear that everything is speculation (and the only reason we are on thread 10 now is that she give us soooo much on social media to work with. Let's compare it to JO - it would be quite hard to have a lengthy thread like this going for a few weeks, because he keeps his private stuff private)
D) tweets and posts are screenshot for posterity and she has been caught in many inconsistencies on here (limegoss article). These are facts, not fabrications
E) very occasionally someone on here posts something deeply unpleasant (the he/she/it comment) and gets called out on it immediately. Rightly so.

The criticism of her has been based on what she does/tells the world about herself. If you are in the public eye, and constantly make big and bold statements (you are transgender, you are vegan, you are immunocompromised), you should not be surprised that people listen and ask questions. If you don't want to answer them, that's fine. You don't have to. You also need to accept that some people don't like your food. That's within their rights.

I've mentioned this before. I've published a few books. When I first started selling them and got some reviews on amazon, I couldn't wait to read them. I was hooked on them. When some were negative, it really destroyed me. I wanted to respond. I knew it was unprofessional for an author to respond, so I didn't. I felt anxious for a few weeks about it all and then made the decision, as an adult, that those reviews were none of my business. They were written for other readers. I have an editor who gives me feedback on my work. I trust her and respect her feedback. A review is not feedback to the writer, it's helpful for the reader. I have not read a review of any of my books since. Social media comments you are not tagged in are not for you. There are for other social media users.

Jack, I strongly encourage you to stay away from this forum and come up with a social media strategy that keeps your professional and private life separate. For your own sanity, stop mixing the two.
Fabulous post, also fabulous career !! IA 100% it’s taken a lot of learning but other people’s opinions of us are never our business!

I’ve shared about this before but a millennia ago my husband won like... the equivalent of Wimbledon for his sport (please note, NOT Wimbledon 😂) and I had to grow up so quickly as a result of the media stuff we were suddenly put through, particularly social media tbh. I was young and gobby and thoroughly south London and it took us arguing non stop for me to refrain from being like John Fury and sending for bitches via video message. I’m glad I never rose to it because his “legacy” has been massively shaped by how nice he is, particularly because of how he handled the attention and the stuff he does for the community now. And I easily could have fucked that because I wanted to tell someone he’s the clapped one not my sweetie?? Is it worth it?

For us it boils down to: do you want a legacy like Sali Hughes or Mother or Daughters who fucked their career (moreso the latter) and are in constant turmoil, or do you wanna be a booked n busy queen rising above it? Block the websites, ignore the chatter, manage your social media as part of your 9-5 and fuck it off otherwise. Go read in ur shed or lovely garden, or go for a walk down the sea front it’s gorge.

• Heart
Reactions: 46

Harrybosch

VIP Member
I've said this before, but I used to think tattle was a cesspit. It sounds crazy, but I was sort of nervous about logging on. I had only heard about it in reference to JM and SH.

Anyway, when lockdown meant I was finally brave and bored enough to venture here, all I found was hilarious gossip with receipts. I obviously don't know what anyone here does on other platforms or if you are organising letter writing campaigns and haven't invited me, but this site is ABOUT celebs, not FOR them. They can have Twitter and insta for their adoring fans and their inane updates. I'm staying over here, having a laugh and doing no harm, because I'm just voicing my opinion. I'm not contacting anyone directly.

Jack, please leave tattle. It's not meant for you.

• Heart

Harrybosch

VIP Member
Saturn trolling how it's meant to be done! Clever, funny, not personal, not mean. It will go over most people's head. I believe that's how old-school trolling was done, and then it turned into something nasty. Keep it up!

• Haha

Suzeyq

Chatty Member
I am so desperate to call her out on Twitter and direct people here so they can see the truth but I just don't have the energy for it.

Fuck, I hate liars.
She was called out but sadly it didn’t last on her thread for long ... Funny that!

B81EECF7-1102-482E-817D-D5209B32B39C.jpeg

• Wow
  • Heart

Okab15

Jamie Oliver is releasing a #cookwithjack hashtag - someone from his cookery school doing lunches for kids on a budget! 😂

• Haha
  • Wow

Harrybosch

VIP Member
In Jack’s defence, she initially offered Katie Hopkins the option of making a donation to a migrant charity (I think the false comments about JM came shortly after KH had made her appalling comment likening the people who had recently died trying to cross to the UK to cockroaches) and issuing a public apology. KH refused to do either, and so they went to court.
I agreed with how she handled the KH thing. KH was being appaling. That is true harrassment - sending her thousands of followers to JM on a complete fabrication. And yes, she did offer her a way out. KH deserved everything she got.

However, what KH did is in no way comparable to what happens on this thread.

A) this is an anonymous forum, so no one is riling up thousands of followers to attack her
B) the vast majority of people here do not engage with JM directly at all
C) it's made clear that everything is speculation (and the only reason we are on thread 10 now is that she give us soooo much on social media to work with. Let's compare it to JO - it would be quite hard to have a lengthy thread like this going for a few weeks, because he keeps his private stuff private)
D) tweets and posts are screenshot for posterity and she has been caught in many inconsistencies on here (limegoss article). These are facts, not fabrications
E) very occasionally someone on here posts something deeply unpleasant (the he/she/it comment) and gets called out on it immediately. Rightly so.

The criticism of her has been based on what she does/tells the world about herself. If you are in the public eye, and constantly make big and bold statements (you are transgender, you are vegan, you are immunocompromised), you should not be surprised that people listen and ask questions. If you don't want to answer them, that's fine. You don't have to. You also need to accept that some people don't like your food. That's within their rights.

I've mentioned this before. I've published a few books. When I first started selling them and got some reviews on amazon, I couldn't wait to read them. I was hooked on them. When some were negative, it really destroyed me. I wanted to respond. I knew it was unprofessional for an author to respond, so I didn't. I felt anxious for a few weeks about it all and then made the decision, as an adult, that those reviews were none of my business. They were written for other readers. I have an editor who gives me feedback on my work. I trust her and respect her feedback. A review is not feedback to the writer, it's helpful for the reader. I have not read a review of any of my books since. Social media comments you are not tagged in are not for you. There are for other social media users.

Jack, I strongly encourage you to stay away from this forum and come up with a social media strategy that keeps your professional and private life separate. For your own sanity, stop mixing the two.

• Heart
Reactions: 45

GrunkaLunka

VIP Member
Putting aside the savage bullying campaign she launched, the begging money from poor people, the downplaying of serious illness, etc...

What annoys me today about Jack is what the fuck does she actually want to be? She's been a poverty campaigner, a cook, an aspiring politician, a singer, a TV presenter, a cookbook author, a journalist, an activist, and probably many others I've missed. She's jumped in and out of these roles, with varying levels of interest, commitment and effort. Never does she seem interested enough to work on her skills, to actually learn more, to improve. In fact, she's an absolutely perfect fit for the phrase "Jack of all trades, master of none" Never putting in the work, and ditching it the minute it's not handed to her on a silver platter.

I get the impression that she wants to be famous. Which is a really bizarre concept for an adult, but I can't think of any other way to explain it. She wants a TV show but she doesn't want to put in any work, nor does she want to improve her skills. My old Nan would say "She likes the sound of her own voice" and I would agree.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 44

GrunkaLunka

VIP Member
Dear God.

Reducing such a serious mental health problem as depression to a stupid little quirky word to try and copyright is so distasteful. I find it hard to believe that anyone who has genuinely suffered from depression or attempted suicide as many times as Jack claims would be so careless with their words. Depression isn't a fucking joke. Absolutely disgusting to see it being bandied about like this. Depression still isn't taken as seriously as other illness, and this is part of the problem. You wouldn't dream of publishing and applying for copyright on recipes for people "feeling a bit cancery", how dare she use vulnerable people like this. It has touched a fucking nerve here. She's a fucking charlatan.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 44

Saturn.

Chatty Member
Fabulous post, also fabulous career !! IA 100% it’s taken a lot of learning but other people’s opinions of us are never our business!

I’ve shared about this before but a millennia ago my husband won like... the equivalent of Wimbledon for his sport (please note, NOT Wimbledon 😂) and I had to grow up so quickly as a result of the media stuff we were suddenly put through, particularly social media tbh. I was young and gobby and thoroughly south London and it took us arguing non stop for me to refrain from being like John Fury and sending for bitches via video message. I’m glad I never rose to it because his “legacy” has been massively shaped by how nice he is, particularly because of how he handled the attention and the stuff he does for the community now. And I easily could have fucked that because I wanted to tell someone he’s the clapped one not my sweetie?? Is it worth it?

For us it boils down to: do you want a legacy like Sali Hughes or Mother or Daughters who fucked their career (moreso the latter) and are in constant turmoil, or do you wanna be a booked n busy queen rising above it? Block the websites, ignore the chatter, manage your social media as part of your 9-5 and fuck it off otherwise. Go read in ur shed or lovely garden, or go for a walk down the sea front it’s gorge.

It's …………. Eddie The Eagle's wife's account!!

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 42

Saturn.

Chatty Member
I’ll own up to Lisa now that Jacks blocked me🙊

Devastated to hear that Jack has blocked you - as I am sure you are too. A misunderstanding, maybe? Do you think it is possible that I could act as a bridge between the two of you to assist in finding a resolution? I once watched an online tutorial by The Most Reverend Desmond Tutu, and I am sure that I have retained my notes somewhere in my rather modest outhouse. We have a pre-production lunch tomorrow to go through the scripted banter that I have been working on for her with a couple of her associates (no names, sorry) in advance of the new show. If you are free, why not come along? Jack is kindly providing the food, but please don't let that be a barrier. She was fine about my extensive list of intolerances, and when I asked if it would be OK if I just brought along a Meal Deal from Morrisons, she said "Yes, absolutely". She really is a lot more reasonable that you might imagine. Are you up for it? What is there to lose? Let me know, and we can work out the logistics later.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 39

Saturn.

Chatty Member
Completely empathise with her broadband issues - but those sweet potatoes ain't getting any fresher.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 38