Jack Monroe #10 Filming new slop from her shed, "success" of Daily Kitchen gone to her head

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I am so desperate to call her out on Twitter and direct people here so they can see the truth but I just don't have the energy for it.

duck, I hate liars.

Reactions: 13
A mere 11 hours ago she tweeted that she is so happy. Now this morning her relationship is falling apart and she can’t eat or sleep. Which one is it ?
I wonder if she found out some news. Maybe DK is coming back but with a different 'co-host'? It would make sense that rather than eating humble pie she would decide to start a fresh new victimhood campaign against the trolls. Anything to prevent the moment of realisation that she isn't a natural tv presenter.

Reactions: 19
he's still putting out recipes on Insta and via email newsletters that look bloody lovely. Lots of advice on how to switch things around too. Just worlds apart from Jack
I'm not a fan of either of them, but Jamie Oliver is a brand more than a person. He has a huge team of people to write the recipes for his books and to run his online presence. Of course he has some input and high level control, but I do think that man gets too much credit at times 😂

Reactions: 3
I am so desperate to call her out on Twitter and direct people here so they can see the truth but I just don't have the energy for it.

duck, I hate liars.
She was called out but sadly it didn’t last on her thread for long ... Funny that!

B81EECF7-1102-482E-817D-D5209B32B39C.jpeg

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 46
On that very specific point, there are a few court rulings that posting stuff on "social media", which a forum would 100% count as, is considered "publishing" for the purposes of defamation, etc. See McAlpine v Bercow, and Monroe v Hopkins, for that matter, for two (in)famous cases.
This is in no way similar to Hopkins. That was a public figure broadcasting an outright lie to hundreds of thousands. Here you have people giving their opinions on a public figure. Totally different.

If Hopkins had of just apologised for the mix up she made I doubt she would have been prosecuted. But her ego wouldn't allow it 😆

Reactions: 15
Wow.....this witch got seriously hoodwinked.
Screenshot 2020-04-30 at 10.57.42.png

This is in no way similar to Hopkins. That was a public figure broadcasting an outright lie to hundreds of thousands. Here you have people giving their opinions on a public figure. Totally different.

If Hopkins had of just apologised for the mix up she made I doubt she would have been prosecuted. But her ego wouldn't allow it 😆
Some might say that JM is a public figure broadcasting outright lies to her hundreds of thousands of followers.....
Oh wait did I just say that????
DELETE, DELETE, DELETE

• Haha
Reactions: 16
I wonder if she found out some news. Maybe DK is coming back but with a different 'co-host'? It would make sense that rather than eating humble pie she would decide to start a fresh new victimhood campaign against the trolls. Anything to prevent the moment of realisation that she isn't a natural tv presenter.
Though she will likely deny it, I can't help but feel *something* unrelated to us has happened. When she was on a high from DK, we were briefly a funny bunch of idiots, and now we're back to being unkind, if not dangerous, obsessives and trolls. I can't help but feel, though I appreciate reading uncomplimentary things about you is unpleasant (though, again, A CHOICE) this isn't the main source of her fury.

Speculation m'lud, just idle thoughts, no statement of fact.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 24
2BFFF7C0-E05B-4108-9E4C-E24ABF6FC4E0.jpeg

Purposefully cropped his username out but, most of what’s been posted most recently has been substantiated with screen shots from old press, and prior to that the show?

Wildly untrue claims would be saying I heard she eats raw rinsed beans uno 👀 but we don’t say stuff like that, we question why the chef wants to rinse the beans in the first place?

Reactions: 7
I hadn’t heard that we’re all on the spectrum somewhere until the Paediatrician who diagnosed my son with autism said it to us. That could of course be just her opinion, or something she says to try and reassure petrified parents, but I then said it to people and on it goes. It makes me really sad to think that a comment like that would prevent my son from getting the support he needs/deserves

She looks like she’s lost a fair bit of weight from last week too (I genuinely feel I need to add this too - this is not a thin shame, fat shame or any kind of shame, it’s not to bully it’s an observation)
The problem with “we’re all on the spectrum somewhere” as a statement is IT ISN’T TRUE 😀 The autism spectrum doesn’t have “non-autistic people” at one end and “very autistic people” at the other. If you’re not autistic then you’re not on the autism spectrum anywhere. Yes, neurotypical people might have one or two traits but that isn’t the same as being autistic. I’m horrified that a paediatrician actually said it to you 🤦‍♀️ As a previous poster said, it’s very damaging to autistic people and their struggles to suggest that everyone is a little bit autistic. Nope.

(There’s a lot of autism in my family so I have skin in the game, as it were).

As for Jack, I agree that she doesn’t look well at all. She looks skinny and exhausted. I really think she’s been quite manic and not taking care of herself.

Reactions: 19
JM also mentioned in her tweets this morning that her landlord lives across the street from her. Am wondering if maybe he put a kybosh on that shitshed cooking and in no uncertain terms would not allow it.

• Wow
View attachment 119935

Purposefully cropped his username out but, most of what’s been posted most recently has been substantiated with screen shots from old press, and prior to that the show?

Wildly untrue claims would be saying I heard she eats raw rinsed beans uno 👀 but we don’t say stuff like that, we question why the chef wants to rinse the beans in the first place?
Again the claim is ..what you are doing is making a difference to thousands of lives.
Not...you are making a difference to me.

The tweeters are very abstract in who she is helping. (Obviously with the exception of the N one.)

*Edited to add, it creates this vision of poverty that involves random tins and no skills.

I'm not a fan of either of them, but Jamie Oliver is a brand more than a person. He has a huge team of people to write the recipes for his books and to run his online presence. Of course he has some input and high level control, but I do think that man gets too much credit at times 😂
This is true, he has a lot of help. But still, the audacity of the woman stands! 😂

Reactions: 3

I'm going to preface this by saying that I'd rather eat Jack's lasagne than defend Katie Hopkins BUT... I have been wondering lately how much of that whole legal battle boiled down to Jack being annoyed at being mistaken for Laurie Penny. How much of it was really a 'don't you know who I am?!' tantrum.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 11
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.