Jack Monroe #10 Filming new slop from her shed, "success" of Daily Kitchen gone to her head

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I mean I might of harassed Matt a bit. But only by asking him to eat my taco. She looks knackered, totally burned out. This is a really stressful time for everyone. My house of 3 and a dog is fizzing with tension. It’s hard. The best thing she could do for herself is to log off. Cook for pleasure. Spend time with her family. Be kinder to herself.
There is so much content out there now, she is woefully late the party. We have JW for exercise, JO for food. Insta is full of cook along and sourdoughs.
Take time, care for yourself and come back when you have something really good. Not just JM riding on coattails.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 28
Online bullying? I call bullshit. If she had been, which I doubt, she would have blacked out the names and posted the thing. God what a see you next Tuesday she is.
She is getting worse. Much much worse.
The post she shared was the one comment about the cat. She won’t share the other comments from here because they were either witty or some home truths she doesn’t want to share with her followers!

• Wow
Reactions: 17
Just had a look at her Insta post, I can’t under why she is cooking in the shed and not the kitchen, quite bizarre.

But what really bothers me is that there isn’t anyone asking what happened, what bullying occurred, where the messages came from, what they said, how her colleagues where attacked, what did they think etc etc.
Nobody is interested in the facts, everybody just assumes it was all horrific and then blows smoke up her arse.

I find it really odd that nobody asks any of these questions, there really is a lack of critical thinking around certain blue tickers and that is quite frightening.
It's a cult, I think. Look at Trump's followers - no matter what depths he sinks to, no matter how much evidence stacks up of his lies, malice and incompetence, his supporters cheer him on. In their impotence, they project their own emotions and prejudices onto him, really believing that he represents their interests and is therefore beyond reproach.

Reactions: 12
The post she shared was the one comment about the cat. She won’t share the other comments from here because they were either witty or some home truths she doesn’t want to share with her followers!
I'm going with home truths. Imagine some of her more sceptical followers came on here and learned some things or two and asked JM on Twatter about it. Cannons would be going off.

Reactions: 11
Online bullying? I call bullshit. If she had been, which I doubt, she would have blacked out the names and posted the thing. God what a see you next Tuesday she is.

She is getting worse. Much much worse.
Absolutely this!! Absolute bullshit. She alters her comments too by blocking anyone not arselicking, so it looks like the majority love her. So tiresome

• Wow
Her work colleagues have been harassed? Who/what/where? As it's definitely not here. She's not in a good place is she?
Well I suppose I did trawl through Matt's instagram to find that Meat-O-Meter photo but other than that *turns out pockets* I got nothing, your honour.

What colleagues does she have, apart from her temporary ones on Daily Kitchen Live? We couldn't have been more fulsome in our praise for each and every one of them.

It's a cult, I think. Look at Trump's followers - no matter what depths he sinks to, no matter how much evidence stacks up of his lies, malice and incompetence, his supporters cheer him on. In their impotence, they project their own emotions and prejudices onto him, really believing that he represents their interests and is therefore beyond reproach.
I‘d really like to do some research around this, Trump maybe out of my league, but a general research project into how celebrity status leads people to blindly follow what people say, then praise what they have said, I assume they are hoping to be noticed by said celebrity.
But I think it would be interesting to take an academic route and really look into why people don’t question things, it’s fascinating how many people slag off tattle but don’t even pop over for a little look.

*The Gringe and her power will be include in said research!

Reactions: 14
Absolutely this!! Absolute bullshit. She alters her comments too by blocking anyone not arselicking, so it looks like the majority love her. So tiresome
This bullying accusations thing also has a theme. Usually seems to come out the same time she has a book coming out.

Very doubtful that her being talked about here has led to the bullying of her "colleagues" only, perhaps by her friend ruby when she called Matt a twit.
And nothing compares to her outrageous rants about THAT MAN.
Pretty sure the only thing we did to her 'colleagues' was a little light objectification of Matt and his rolled up sleeves, and general approval of people like Jane Baxter, Paul Ainsworth, Shivi and the doctor man whose name escapes me.

She begged and bullied for Jamie Oliver's gig on C4 because that was her "thing" and then actually guilt tripped the BBC into giving her an opportunity to be on TV, and then ballsed it by being erratic and tit at presenting.

Now she is claiming DK, the people who gave her this opportunity she demanded, has damaged her mental health??!? Jack love, the only person damaging your mental health is you.

If she really wanted to continue with the live presenting, she should have just set a camera up in her kitchen on Monday and continued doing it. The fact that she didn't just shows that she knows she's tit and needs some kind of guilt trip story; "I broke my back making this studio and DK has given me PTSD" and now it's suddenly ok that she missed a self imposed deadline and her fans will give her sympathy points until she moves onto the next thing she's "addicted" to.
The whole PTSD thing aggravates me so hard. I have PTSD. Actually, Jack, sorry to elevenirife you, but I have C-PTSD, which is much fancier, and one of the crucial things about managing it, IMO, is a level of personal responsibility, and partly means avoiding triggers, or exposing yourself to them in a careful way, so that you manage the resulting symptoms. Oddly, I've had to step away from this thread for a little while a few times, because JM's behaviour does trigger me a little bit. And that is in no way her fault, but that's the point. I own my reactions, as annoying as they are, and I have to make the good choices to handle them. You can't guilt trip other people if your choices mean you are triggering yourself over and over.

And dissent or disagreement or even actual dislike on the internet, are actually ok, not everyone likes everyone else, and they are entitled to say so, especially when it's not in your face, but in our own little pub if you like, and seeking it out (if she is talking about us) is the equivalent of eavesdropping and then complaining when you hear something you don't like about yourself and then complaining that it's the fault of the person you eavesdropped on, rather than yours for listening to a conversation not designed for your ears. Sure you can do it, but you own the risk of hearing something you don't like. That's why I avoid my teenagers convos with her friends when we've just had a row.

Try realseeds.co.uk
Hahahaha... I love your seed site recommendations but now in my head I have an image of you in a big coat that you open to show rows of seed packets on display. 'You want some lovely seeds? I can get you some lovely seeds' ;)

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 31
Pretty sure the only thing we did to her 'colleagues' was a little light objectification of Matt and his rolled up sleeves, and general approval of people like Jane Baxter, Paul Ainsworth, Shivi and the doctor man whose name escapes me.

The whole PTSD thing aggravates me so hard. I have PTSD. Actually, Jack, sorry to elevenirife you, but I have C-PTSD, which is much fancier, and one of the crucial things about managing it, IMO, is a level of personal responsibility, and partly means avoiding triggers, or exposing yourself to them in a careful way, so that you manage the resulting symptoms. Oddly, I've had to step away from this thread for a little while a few times, because JM's behaviour does trigger me a little bit. And that is in no way her fault, but that's the point. I own my reactions, as annoying as they are, and I have to make the good choices to handle them. You can't guilt trip other people if your choices mean you are triggering yourself over and over.

And dissent or disagreement or even actual dislike on the internet, are actually ok, not everyone likes everyone else, and they are entitled to say so, especially when it's not in your face, but in our own little pub if you like, and seeking it out (if she is talking about us) is the equivalent of eavesdropping and then complaining when you hear something you don't like about yourself and then complaining that it's the fault of the person you eavesdropped on, rather than yours for listening to a conversation not designed for your ears. Sure you can do it, but you own the risk of hearing something you don't like. That's why I avoid my teenagers convos with her friends when we've just had a row.

(massive hug to you) xx

Hahahaha... I love your seed site recommendations but now in my head I have an image of you in a big coat that you open to show rows of seed packets on display. 'You want some lovely seeds? I can get you some lovely seeds' ;)
LOL. Well, do you want some seeds? (opens her bathrobe to show rows of seeds)

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 21
I‘d really like to do some research around this, Trump maybe out of my league, but a general research project into how celebrity status leads people to blindly follow what people say, then praise what they have said, I assume they are hoping to be noticed by said celebrity.
But I think it would be interesting to take an academic route and really look into why people don’t question things, it’s fascinating how many people slag off tattle but don’t even pop over for a little look.

*The Gringe and her power will be include in said research!
There’s some really interesting stuff on parasocial interaction. This explains it pretty well but it’s why influencers are so popular and the cult of Trump.

A parasocial interaction, an exposure that garners interest in a persona,[3] becomes a parasocial relationship after repeated exposure to the media persona causes the media users to develop illusions of intimacy, friendship, and identification.[1] Positive information learned about the media persona results in increased attraction and the relationship progresses.[3] Parasocial relationships are enhanced due to trust and self-disclosure provided by the media persona.[1] Media users are loyal and feel directly connected to the persona much like their close friends by observing and interpreting their appearance, gestures, voice, conversation, and conduct.[3] Media personas have a significant amount of influence over media users, positive or negative, informing the way that they perceive certain topics or even their purchasing habits.

Social media introduces additional opportunities for parasocial relationships to intensify because it provides more opportunities for intimate, reciprocal, and frequent interactions between the user and persona.[1]

• Heart
Reactions: 16
This bullying accusations thing also has a theme. Usually seems to come out the same time she has a book coming out.
Oh yes, of course, the book - well-remembered! I predict a comeback for the arthritis and a LOT of stuff about mental health struggles.

The shed business isn't about Southend's answer to Marie Antoinette pissing around for attention; it's a 'radical act of self-care'.

I've said this before, but I used to think tattle was a cesspit. It sounds crazy, but I was sort of nervous about logging on. I had only heard about it in reference to JM and SH.

Anyway, when lockdown meant I was finally brave and bored enough to venture here, all I found was hilarious gossip with receipts. I obviously don't know what anyone here does on other platforms or if you are organising letter writing campaigns and haven't invited me, but this site is ABOUT celebs, not FOR them. They can have Twitter and insta for their adoring fans and their inane updates. I'm staying over here, having a laugh and doing no harm, because I'm just voicing my opinion. I'm not contacting anyone directly.

Jack, please leave tattle. It's not meant for you.

• Heart
Reactions: 46
Oh yes, of course, the book - well-remembered! I predict a comeback for the arthritis and a LOT of stuff about mental health struggles.

The shed business isn't about Southend's answer to Marie Antoinette pissing around for attention; it's a 'radical act of self-care'.
I'm sorry if I sound bitchy but when she says self-care, it puts my teeth on edge. That term is so over used now, ugh.

Reactions: 14
One thing I do ponder on (so it’s just my observation m’lud) is she had £5k taken from her account? A lot of money in an account for someone so poor? Then she’s saying she bought a knife in a weekend trip to Verona, quite fancy is it not, for someone living on the breadline? Also, how do you bring a knife back from abroad, surely not allowed through customs?
BD7F07AC-255F-4745-8192-AB9A49B48AF3.jpeg

One thing I do ponder on (so it’s just my observation m’lud) is she had £5k taken from her account? A lot of money in an account for someone so poor? Then she’s saying she bought a knife in a weekend trip to Verona, quite fancy is it not, for someone living on the breadline? Also, how do you bring a knife back from abroad, surely not allowed through customs?View attachment 119869

It's fine in hold luggage. It's quite common for chefs to travel with their own knifes.

Great post! I suffer from c-PTSD too and you are absolutely right. Managing it involves a great deal of taking responsibility for your own actions. I think that's partially why JM winds me up so much. She takes no responsibility whatsoever for anything she says or does, yet claims permanent victimhood. It's bloody exhausting.

• Heart
@Flumps identify with what you’re saying re being triggered, and thought about it last night when someone else said that they feel weird when they read these posts. I clocked that... for me my CPTSD comes from childhood and I grew up with two parents that denied the realities of what’s going on, which has given me a lot of self doubt and self betrayal throughout my life. As a result when “an aggressor” denies the truth my default is to believe them, I have to pro actively do the work to establish what is reality because I don’t have that reflex reaction anymore. I think a loooooot of people PTSD or not have a similar thing whether it was put there by your parents, a tit relationship, or an awful boss, it’s there!

• Heart
Reactions: 15
@lipsticktaser
Thank You for posting this, it is just what I was looking for and good to know that research is happening. I find the whole relationship between poster and admirer fascinating. I also find the lack of questioning interesting, this is not just related to social media but in life in general.
It makes Jack’s interactions even more interesting, the balance between her upbeat and woe is me....hooks people in and develops their belief in there being a relationship even further.

Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.