Jack Monroe #10 Filming new slop from her shed, "success" of Daily Kitchen gone to her head

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Somehow I am on Jamie Oliver’s email list, today’s chunterings are particularly timely....the old mucker only appears to have taken the whole cooking lark outside and has indulged in some camping cooking time!

(Fairly certain he doesn’t write these himself...please tell me his team are playing the game, team if you are reading here...give us a sign..use lots of fresh lemons in next email!)

Attachments

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 23
🚨 It looks like JM has deleted the shed interior pics from Twitter?🚨 Wonder if her old pals at the fire service been in touch regarding blowing the shed up first time she lights the camping stove

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 31
How the duck is she able to order from asda and it's terrible to advise people to buy tins like this, all it does is create further anxiety in an already fraught time.
That article was a while back, in response to leaving the EU and people stockpiling food then. It's not Covid-19 related.

Reactions: 1
🚨 It looks like JM has deleted the shed interior pics from Twitter?🚨 Wonder if her old pals at the fire service been in touch regarding blowing the shed up first time she lights the camping stove
Nah, she will have just read the advice here 👀🤷‍♀️

• Haha
Reactions: 7
I can still see them, they are under replies.

Reactions: 3
Like others, I find it hard to believe that she did up that shed in 48 hours. A case of 'here's one I made earlier'?

Reactions: 6
I love an unjustifiably expensive candle as much as the next person but I’d never burn two at once?!

I can’t stand Jo Malone scents but assuming they’re the same as diptyque, so heavily perfumed that you’d be coughing stuck in a confined bathroom with just the one!
got to for the socials int

Reactions: 2
I hope they have. It's terrifying that her as an old fore service employee thinks that having a butane gas stove in wooden shed is ok. She also seems to have spare butane cannisters in that shed sitting around in the earlier pictures.

I hope they have. It's terrifying that her as an old fore service employee thinks that having a butane gas stove in wooden shed is ok. She also seems to have spare butane cannisters in that shed sitting around in the earlier pictures.

• Haha
Reactions: 23
I have to be honest here I think this is a good idea ( ok apart from the fire hazard part) some of her old vids on you tube are genuinely good I think this could maybe be her thing where as live tv def not!

They are still up there.

Call handler she was. PLus the nuking garlic thing was another thing that she mentioned. Crikey, thank god she isn't in the actual fire service.

She's just said she's clumsy and there's gas flame and she's in a small space. She's not exactly filling me with comfort. Don't think I could watch her YouTube videos. I'd just be waiting for her to burn the place now. Baked beans and chili chunty wood smoked casserole is what she's gong to end up with

I have to be honest here I think this is a good idea ( ok apart from the fire hazard part) some of her old vids on you tube are genuinely good I think this could maybe be her thing where as live tv def not!
She's just said she's clumsy and there's gas flame and she's in a small space. She's not exactly filling me with comfort. Don't think I could watch her YouTube videos. I'd just be waiting for her to burn the place now. Baked beans and chili chunty wood smoked casserole is what she's gong to end up with
And wanting to put down astroturf.

• Wow
Reactions: 2
Putting aside the savage bullying campaign she launched, the begging money from poor people, the downplaying of serious illness, etc...

What annoys me today about Jack is what the duck does she actually want to be? She's been a poverty campaigner, a cook, an aspiring politician, a singer, a TV presenter, a cookbook author, a journalist, an activist, and probably many others I've missed. She's jumped in and out of these roles, with varying levels of interest, commitment and effort. Never does she seem interested enough to work on her skills, to actually learn more, to improve. In fact, she's an absolutely perfect fit for the phrase "Jack of all trades, master of none" Never putting in the work, and ditching it the minute it's not handed to her on a silver platter.

I get the impression that she wants to be famous. Which is a really bizarre concept for an adult, but I can't think of any other way to explain it. She wants a TV show but she doesn't want to put in any work, nor does she want to improve her skills. My old Nan would say "She likes the sound of her own voice" and I would agree.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 44
I just don't understand why not do it in an actual kitchen? That people will actually be cooking in? You can put all your tatty bohemian crap up if you want but surely makes a lot more sense, the lack of an oven, microwave, sink (🤮) etc is concerning

• Haha
Reactions: 19
with mouse poo and cobwebs as garnish

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 16
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.