Jack Monroe #10 Filming new slop from her shed, "success" of Daily Kitchen gone to her head

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
My super-lying ex used to do this. I have a weird thing where I am left handed for almost everything except writing. I have a memory of being strongly encouraged to write with my right hand when I first started school and I always wonder if it’s to do with that, because it’s not at all like being ambidextrous and I’ve met v few people like me who are completely left-sided apart from one thing, so I always feel like I might have been trained out of left handed writing. Anyway, as I say, it’s a bit of an odd thing. I once (near the end of our relationship) walked into a room to hear my ex recounting this (not exactly enthralling) tale except about himself!

Anecdote m’lud.
People with an unstable sense of self are always looking to 'inhabit' others. It's sort of parasitic.

• Wow
Reactions: 20
Wtf? I've no idea what to add to this!
Jesus wept I mean I know its only the scum of the earth daily fail but what the duck! This isn't even worthy of being published! What a twit!
And her bleeping brag about "picking up a thing or two about how to design a space on a budget when you've moved house 20 times".
No Jack, NO!!!
She'll be calling herself a bleeping interiors blogger next. Watch out huns! How to design your home on a shoe string budget.....
Replacing tin canned slop with trash from B&M bargains!
It must be such a struggle for her to be so talented at so many things all the time. And her bleeping sheep just lap it up and encourage her! Wow she makes me so angry!!! :mad:
I wouldn't put my bleeping dog in that shed let alone cook food in it for the whole world to see!
Use your kitchen like a normal person!

Reactions: 10
I would be spectacularly unsurprised by this news
If there is money to made, she will do it.

People with an unstable sense of self are always looking to 'inhabit' others. It's sort of parasitic.
She is simply illness-obsessed. It is almost like a selling tool. Woe is me, I staggered up the hill with my arthritis killing my knee and a wheezing chest to go to the post office to deliver Kickstarter books.

Wtf? I've no idea what to add to this!
Cack is simply a legend in her own mind.

Reactions: 10
Jesus wept I mean I know its only the scum of the earth daily fail but what the duck! This isn't even worthy of being published! What a twit!
And her bleeping brag about "picking up a thing or two about how to design a space on a budget when you've moved house 20 times".
No Jack, NO!!!
She'll be calling herself a bleeping interiors blogger next. Watch out huns! How to design your home on a shoe string budget.....
Replacing tin canned slop with trash from B&M bargains!
It must be such a struggle for her to be so talented at so many things all the time. And her bleeping sheep just lap it up and encourage her! Wow she makes me so angry!!! :mad:
I wouldn't put my bleeping dog in that shed let alone cook food in it for the whole world to see!
Use your kitchen like a normal person!
It's very expensive to move house once or twice let along 20 times, and considering how poor she has described herself as in the past, I do wonder how she manages to do it?

We've got healthy incomes between us and we would struggle to move- and that's just renting. As for 20 odd times.....

Reactions: 9
I can’t look at Tin Can Interiors without getting serious first five mins of Casualty vibes.

It looks like the time my sister painted all her bedroom furniture in various pastel shades of thick gloss. I’d rather be locked inside FOD’s spare/panic/migraine cell bedroom than in Jack’s nutty shed.

• Haha
Reactions: 20
My kitchen range hob runs off propane! It's not uncommon in the country to have a stove and the heating system running off propane with a large tank outside.
Mine does as well, off propane bottles. But it's different running an appliance that's designed to be used indoors, and so has been safety tested for that purpose, to ensure it cleanly combusts the gas to the required standard. A stove meant for outdoor use won't have been tested to indoor use standards and there's a risk of carbon monoxide build up, especially in a small space. What she has looks like a standard outdoor camping stove that runs off the mini butane canisters. 😕

Reactions: 7
I’ll own up to Lisa now that Jacks blocked me🙊

Devastated to hear that Jack has blocked you - as I am sure you are too. A misunderstanding, maybe? Do you think it is possible that I could act as a bridge between the two of you to assist in finding a resolution? I once watched an online tutorial by The Most Reverend Desmond Tutu, and I am sure that I have retained my notes somewhere in my rather modest outhouse. We have a pre-production lunch tomorrow to go through the scripted banter that I have been working on for her with a couple of her associates (no names, sorry) in advance of the new show. If you are free, why not come along? Jack is kindly providing the food, but please don't let that be a barrier. She was fine about my extensive list of intolerances, and when I asked if it would be OK if I just brought along a Meal Deal from Morrisons, she said "Yes, absolutely". She really is a lot more reasonable that you might imagine. Are you up for it? What is there to lose? Let me know, and we can work out the logistics later.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 39
My husband is a funny bloke at times. We were off the cuff discussing her train wreck of a show. What he couldn't understand is she went mental when JO got his show, and in the end she got her CO-PRESENTING slot.

It really could have been her time to shine, but she blew it. It was like going to a job interview, you swat up on the company, do your homework and on the day, you get suited and booted. When asked for examples of your work then you show off the best ones, second just will not do. You want this job. But most of us will get the job on merit, not a tantrum.

She did none of this. Dirty untied trainers is not a good look for one, but then later to film yourself taking out curlers in a low cut dress on Insta really stumped my old boy.

She tried to show up Matt by being oh so clever - and it fell flat on her kisser. The simplest of questions, she was stumped. That mince fat question is going to go down in history as barking mad. It just is. FFS.

Now the food. Once again if you call yourself a food writer, blogger, brag about writing bestsellers, blah blah blah, you are going to stay up all hours getting your best recipes out. You want your food to be perfect.

You want to impress all those people that bought your book and fawn at your feet. This is your big chance.

What she cooked/created was absolutely the worst food I have ever seen. (Don't sue me Jack) It seriously was. It would take me to be pretty bleeping hungry before I could gag that tit down. The worst part about it - she thought her food was good, she thought she was brilliant. Her gurning and flouncing about said it all. Her Twatter sycophants thought the same. Someone called her a national treasure. UH hello?

Now her new shitshed cooking. If that ever comes off.

There is something seriously wrong there, she is not wired up right.

I can’t look at Tin Can Interiors without getting serious first five mins of Casualty vibes.

It looks like the time my sister painted all her bedroom furniture in various pastel shades of thick gloss. I’d rather be locked inside FOD’s spare/panic/migraine cell bedroom than in Jack’s nutty shed.
I'd rather dig my eyes out with spoons.

It's very expensive to move house once or twice let along 20 times, and considering how poor she has described herself as in the past, I do wonder how she manages to do it?

Seeing as she moves into houses now, not flats. The initial outlay has to be a couple of grand, minimum. She is always bleating on about no credit rating so she would need a guarantee.

We've got healthy incomes between us and we would struggle to move- and that's just renting. As for 20 odd times.....
20 times in 10 years, 2 times a year, a couple of grand at a time......I call bullshit on that.
"Why do you want to ruin every food?" That's my question for her please Claud.
Can we phone in? Oh please say yes. I want to ask her the mince fat question. And the sourdough question.

I’ll own up to Lisa now that Jacks blocked me🙊
Really?

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 15

• Haha
Reactions: 2
My super-lying ex used to do this. I have a weird thing where I am left handed for almost everything except writing. I have a memory of being strongly encouraged to write with my right hand when I first started school and I always wonder if it’s to do with that, because it’s not at all like being ambidextrous and I’ve met v few people like me who are completely left-sided apart from one thing, so I always feel like I might have been trained out of left handed writing. Anyway, as I say, it’s a bit of an odd thing. I once (near the end of our relationship) walked into a room to hear my ex recounting this (not exactly enthralling) tale except about himself!
This is my husband too! His teacher made him write with his left hand behind his back 😢 so he writes right handed but does everything else left handed.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 7
This. Of all her ailments, the arthritis one is the fishiest claim to me. Like your poor uncle, my mum has rheumatoid arthritis and has struggled with it for years. She's tried medications like Methotrexate but they had awful side effects, so she gets by on a combination of pain and steroid injections. She has spells where it eases but it never goes away, and when it's bad, she's crippled with pain in her joints and the tiredness that comes with every movement being an effort. Her knuckle joints are inflamed to twice the normal size. But she would never describe herself as disabled.

Jack went through a phase of describing herself as disabled and had a disabled icon in her Twitter bio for a while. She described her knee as 'blowing out' on a plane, which didn't sound like any language I've heard relating to arthritis. She would post photos of her 'gnarled' hands as 'proof' but they just looked like normal hands purposely made into claw shapes. The arthritis seemed to loom large around the time of the Hopkins court case and the Kickstarter criticism. But then she'd talk about covering great miles walking her son to school. There were also long-distance walks for charity, with no reference to any kind of struggle with mobility. She made a big noise about buying a rowing machine and going flat out on it. She's now bouncing onto beds in her freaky-deek YouTube videos like a boneless wonder.

Also around the time of the court case, she posted a photo of her walking cane. Then there were press photos of her outside court with her lawyer, who has MS and walks with a stick. I remember thinking - is that where she's got the idea from? Then I felt terrible for even thinking that, as so many arthritis sufferers were responding to her in sympathy.

I used to be close friends with a compulsive liar, and you could see those whoppers from space. But what I realised was that he was either unaware or unconcerned about being plausible, as long as the lies achieved what he needed in the moment - attention, pity, a shag, a get-out clause, feeling special. Consciously or not, he was relying on the delicacy of those around him not to confront the issue.

I suspect it's the same with Jack Monroe. It's no way to live. But it doesn't stop me being angry because she's monetising falsehoods. In my opinion. I feel the same way about illness tourism as I do about poverty tourism - it's morally reprehensible and in spectacularly poor taste.

Sorry, bit of a rant there.
I'm some 20 odd years older than Jack and have (consultant-diagnosed with the aid of xrays and scans) osteoarthritis, which comes and goes but I've already had one joint fusion. I sometimes need a stick but my joints aren't swollen or twisted on an everyday basis. However, in my kitchen I have various gadgets to make opening jars and tins easier as those particular actions can kill my hands even when I'm not having a flare up in them. So, if Jack has this terrible arthritis affecting her hands, how come she doesn't need assistance with all her tins of gloop?

Reactions: 15
Mine does as well, off propane bottles. But it's different running an appliance that's designed to be used indoors, and so has been safety tested for that purpose, to ensure it cleanly combusts the gas to the required standard. A stove meant for outdoor use won't have been tested to indoor use standards and there's a risk of carbon monoxide build up, especially in a small space. What she has looks like a standard outdoor camping stove that runs off the mini butane canisters. 😕
That's what I meant, it's not that butane itself is intrinsically dangerous, it's the actual appliance.

Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.