Jack Monroe #10 Filming new slop from her shed, "success" of Daily Kitchen gone to her head

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Deadly night-shade! In my new show, coming live to your screens from my bijou compost heap next Monday/whenever, I will be showing you how to use this underrated plant in lots of different recipes from my weird little brain. I will also be unveiling two brand new and EXCLUSIVE specials - Bindweed Burgers and Foxglove Frittata!

• Haha
Reactions: 14
Okay so I may have missed this a few pages/threads ago while I was off doing other stuff.

But what’s the deal with mentioning Nims or Stuart on here? Did the mods ban us mentioning them? As I see she’s still commenting on everything Jumping Camping Jack writes so...

Reactions: 4
Do you think she's still printing out these threads?! She must be going through a hell of a lot of ink with all the gifs 🤣🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Deadly night-shade! In my new show, coming live to your screens from my bijou compost heap next Monday/whenever, I will be showing you how to use this underrated plant in lots of different recipes from my weird little brain. I will also be unveiling two brand new and EXCLUSIVE specials - Bindweed Burgers and Foxglove Frittata!
Foxgloves are very poisonous. Stick to dandelion leaves!

Reactions: 1
So as we all suspected she is filming from the shed, that was a very fast turn around getting that shed done, do we actually think it took 48hrs or do we think those pics are older and she has been working on it for longer??
If this is her in a 'manic' period- she could have got it done! But sadly if this is the case at some point she'll hit a brick wall.

Reactions: 6
My Uncle has arthritis, and most days he has a hot water bottle on his back, walks with a stick to so much as go to the toilet, he can’t hold a pen properly, his wrists, arms, hands and legs are in constant never ending pain. And the doctors said to take medication that basically doesn’t help.

So given the fact Jack has rhumatoid arthritis that’s apparently crippling to her - how without a team of handymen and electricians has she managed to get that outbuilding ready in 48 hours? My Uncle would be in pain so much as walking to it never mind painting, hanging, decorating, moving things. She’s a liar and a fantasist plain and simple, and it is really really really winding me up with these illnesses that don’t exist. It’s narcissism and it’s what makes victims of these invisible diseases unable to get the help they need because people see Jack on TV managing fine and thinking all is okay. She’s a disgrace.

• Sad
Reactions: 24
Do you think she's still printing out these threads?! She must be going through a hell of a lot of ink with all the gifs 🤣🤣
I do hope she’s optimised her printer settings to print in economy mode tbh

Maybe she’s doing lockdown crafting and making flip books? They could be signed & auctioned off after x

• Haha
Reactions: 10
When I used to go to slimming world obviously everyone used it so naturally I did the same because oil is the enemy and is high syns 😂, then we had a new kitchen fitted and switched to an induction hob which meant treating ourselves to a whole new set of pans, they came with a 10 year warranty, that was null and void if you used cooking sprays like fry light, I remember going to group the following week and telling the entire class and I remember the look of horror on all their faces and hearing arses drop at the fact that their precious fry light might be voiding warranties on very expensive pans, then the cult leader, sorry slimming world consultant pops up with hut its just oil mixed with water, I wouldn't worry, well OK love but if people who do have warranties on their expensive pans can't get them replaced because it's obvious fry light has been used in them are you going to fork out to pay to replace these pans then? Yeah didn't think so... Fry light is cack, just use spray oil, or actual oil 🤷🏻‍♀️
Frylight is awful stuff. It does knacker pans and doesn't actually work. Far better off greasing a pan by wiping it with a little oil on some kitchen roll or as you said, use a proper spray oil. It's one of the many bug bears I have with diets like SW 🙄

Reactions: 4
My Uncle has arthritis, and most days he has a hot water bottle on his back, walks with a stick to so much as go to the toilet, he can’t hold a pen properly, his wrists, arms, hands and legs are in constant never ending pain. And the doctors said to take medication that basically doesn’t help.

So given the fact Jack has rhumatoid arthritis that’s apparently crippling to her - how without a team of handymen and electricians has she managed to get that outbuilding ready in 48 hours? My Uncle would be in pain so much as walking to it never mind painting, hanging, decorating, moving things. She’s a liar and a fantasist plain and simple, and it is really really really winding me up with these illnesses that don’t exist. It’s narcissism and it’s what makes victims of these invisible diseases unable to get the help they need because people see Jack on TV managing fine and thinking all is okay. She’s a disgrace.
Sorry about your Uncle. Truly am.
Your post about Jack is 100% spot on and truth. Saying that I think she runs to the doctor or hospital at every little boo boo. Taking up resources that those who really need them, cannot access. She is a disgrace.

Reactions: 11
Ps. And yet again tangling herself in her lies. With all her house moves/bailiff visits/selling everything she owns to pay for rent, you’d think her tweet here is actually true. It’s all the mumbo jumbo she says before about poverty that’s lies.
I don’t know what I find more cringe: the posho bluetickers giving hugely patronising compliments that she takes earnestly, or her accepting them with some humble caveat?

Feels like

Frylight is awful stuff. It does knacker pans and doesn't actually work. Far better off greasing a pan by wiping it with a little oil on some kitchen roll or as you said, use a proper spray oil. It's one of the many bug bears I have with diets like SW 🙄
Is there a SW thread here because any interaction I’ve had with someone on it has been INSANE.

• Haha
Reactions: 17
Okay so I may have missed this a few pages/threads ago while I was off doing other stuff.

But what’s the deal with mentioning Nims or Stuart on here? Did the mods ban us mentioning them? As I see she’s still commenting on everything Jumping Camping Jack writes so...
Yep, the mods asked us to stop mentioning certain followers and to keep the focus on Jack.

Reactions: 9
Just thought, as I tried and failed to explain fractions to my child, who is spending any time with her child? Especially when she’s doing this whole shed business? He seems to never be mentioned. I hate the whole MODFOD showing kids, but if I was doing a project like the shitshed then my kids would help 🤷🏻‍♀️
shes spent 2 weeks immersed in DK, then the shes project and now whatever this new show is (not caught up yet because home schooling) when is she spending time with her child?

Come on ..... it is fessin’ up time. Lisa, and Jemima, reveal yourselves. What are your Tattle account names. :D

I’ll own up to Lisa now that Jacks blocked me🙊

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 47

This. Of all her ailments, the arthritis one is the fishiest claim to me. Like your poor uncle, my mum has rheumatoid arthritis and has struggled with it for years. She's tried medications like Methotrexate but they had awful side effects, so she gets by on a combination of pain and steroid injections. She has spells where it eases but it never goes away, and when it's bad, she's crippled with pain in her joints and the tiredness that comes with every movement being an effort. Her knuckle joints are inflamed to twice the normal size. But she would never describe herself as disabled.

Jack went through a phase of describing herself as disabled and had a disabled icon in her Twitter bio for a while. She described her knee as 'blowing out' on a plane, which didn't sound like any language I've heard relating to arthritis. She would post photos of her 'gnarled' hands as 'proof' but they just looked like normal hands purposely made into claw shapes. The arthritis seemed to loom large around the time of the Hopkins court case and the Kickstarter criticism. But then she'd talk about covering great miles walking her son to school. There were also long-distance walks for charity, with no reference to any kind of struggle with mobility. She made a big noise about buying a rowing machine and going flat out on it. She's now bouncing onto beds in her freaky-deek YouTube videos like a boneless wonder.

Also around the time of the court case, she posted a photo of her walking cane. Then there were press photos of her outside court with her lawyer, who has MS and walks with a stick. I remember thinking - is that where she's got the idea from? Then I felt terrible for even thinking that, as so many arthritis sufferers were responding to her in sympathy.

I used to be close friends with a compulsive liar, and you could see those whoppers from space. But what I realised was that he was either unaware or unconcerned about being plausible, as long as the lies achieved what he needed in the moment - attention, pity, a shag, a get-out clause, feeling special. Consciously or not, he was relying on the delicacy of those around him not to confront the issue.

I suspect it's the same with Jack Monroe. It's no way to live. But it doesn't stop me being angry because she's monetising falsehoods. In my opinion. I feel the same way about illness tourism as I do about poverty tourism - it's morally reprehensible and in spectacularly poor taste.

Sorry, bit of a rant there.

Last edited:
  • Angry
  • Heart
Reactions: 35

I’m suspicious of the rheumatoid arthritis for all the reasons you’ve mentioned but I recall seeing a post on twitter of her defending this diagnosis by sharing an old photo of her hand, which looked fine to me. But why would you go out if your way to attach an old photo when you could easily snap one there and then? Like most of the tit that comes out of her mouth, it doesn’t add up.

Reactions: 11
Also around the time of the court case, she posted a photo of her walking cane. Then there were press photos of her outside court with her lawyer, who has MS and walks with a stick. I remember thinking - is that where she's got the idea from? Then I felt terrible for even thinking that, as so many arthritis sufferers were responding to her in sympathy.
My super-lying ex used to do this. I have a weird thing where I am left handed for almost everything except writing. I have a memory of being strongly encouraged to write with my right hand when I first started school and I always wonder if it’s to do with that, because it’s not at all like being ambidextrous and I’ve met v few people like me who are completely left-sided apart from one thing, so I always feel like I might have been trained out of left handed writing. Anyway, as I say, it’s a bit of an odd thing. I once (near the end of our relationship) walked into a room to hear my ex recounting this (not exactly enthralling) tale except about himself!

Anecdote m’lud.

• Wow
Reactions: 15
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.