Jack Monroe #10 Filming new slop from her shed, "success" of Daily Kitchen gone to her head

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Look for the bare depressipes
The joyless bare depressipes
Forget about your capers and your spice!
I mean the bare depressipes
Yes, Jack Monroe's dour recipes
That aren't a real necessity of life
Wherever she argues
Wherever she moans
She has to go back to her crappy home
Matt Tebbutt's hooting with sheer glee
At being Jack-free on TV
If you don't care for the lemon bantz
Well aren't you just a fancy pants?
But if you're feeling blue
The bare depressipes of life
Will come to you
They'll come to you!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 89
Wherever she argues
Wherever she moans
At being Jack-free on TV
Will come to you
They'll come to you!

Absolute genius!! This needs to reach a wider audience. You're on Twitter, aren't you? I wonder if we could get Alfie Boe and Michael Ball interested?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 14
Wherever she argues
Wherever she moans
At being Jack-free on TV
Will come to you
They'll come to you!
This is brilliant - brava!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 10
@Saturn. I think you need to be my Mrs BT.

That tweet was hilarious.

Finally has our favourite JM follower created a new account as Stuart to avoid suspicion?!

Why, thank you. I may need to hire an assistant to deal with all of these applications soon. I might organise a cook-off to narrow the field down.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 19
Wherever she argues
Wherever she moans
At being Jack-free on TV
Will come to you
They'll come to you!
Fabulous 👏 *chef's kisses all round*

Reactions: 7
Wherever she argues
Wherever she moans
At being Jack-free on TV
Will come to you
They'll come to you!
🎶 Our theme tune as we all file into court? 🎵

• Haha
Reactions: 19
I’m sure I read a post about her weakened knees from carrying all those cookbooks for the Kickstarter.

I also thought Jack was 31?! That was what was going around a few threads ago!

@Saturn. I think you need to be my Mrs BT.

That tweet was hilarious.

Finally has our favourite JM follower created a new account as Stuart to avoid suspicion?!

ADHD
Autism
Anaphylaxis
Anorexia
Anxiety
Arthritis (says she was using a walking stick when she met the current Mrs. J)
Asthma
Depression
Heart problems
Immunocompromised (I think that was on Twitter)
Mouth ulcers
Poor mental health
PTSD
Sexual abuse
Trauma
Weakened knees
Violence

There are probably more...

• Wow
Reactions: 5
Dear God.

Reducing such a serious mental health problem as depression to a stupid little quirky word to try and copyright is so distasteful. I find it hard to believe that anyone who has genuinely suffered from depression or attempted suicide as many times as Jack claims would be so careless with their words. Depression isn't a bleeping joke. Absolutely disgusting to see it being bandied about like this. Depression still isn't taken as seriously as other illness, and this is part of the problem. You wouldn't dream of publishing and applying for copyright on recipes for people "feeling a bit cancery", how dare she use vulnerable people like this. It has touched a bleeping nerve here. She's a bleeping charlatan.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 44
Absolute genius!! This needs to reach a wider audience. You're on Twitter, aren't you? I wonder if we could get Alfie Boe and Michael Ball interested?
Your Alfie Boe & Michael Ball suggestion is inspired. My personal vision is for Jack to sing it first, giving it her haunting a cappella treatment in a hotel room. It will go viral. Ed Sheeran will record six different versions with guest artists - my preferences would be Stormzy is 72 years old, Gary Barlow, Dua Lipa, Sting, Lulu and David Essex.

We'll let the dust settle for a while, then Jack will release a charming semi-acoustic version live from her pink shed. All the musical instruments will be kitchen utensils! She'll then release an album, titled Music From Little Pink in a homage to The Band, because Jack probably invented them. And Bob Dylan. And, in fact, music itself.

What do you reckon? Does this have legs?

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 13
Dear God.

Reducing such a serious mental health problem as depression to a stupid little quirky word to try and copyright is so distasteful. I find it hard to believe that anyone who has genuinely suffered from depression or attempted suicide as many times as Jack claims would be so careless with their words. Depression isn't a bleeping joke. Absolutely disgusting to see it being bandied about like this. Depression still isn't taken as seriously as other illness, and this is part of the problem. You wouldn't dream of publishing and applying for copyright on recipes for people "feeling a bit cancery", how dare she use vulnerable people like this. It has touched a bleeping nerve here. She's a bleeping charlatan.
I echo your sentiments 100%. The invisibility of depression means that it's distressingly easy for bandwagon jumpers and con artists to monetise it. The 'foreward by Matt Haig' rings alarm bells for me. I know that this may be an unpopular opinion (he is not without talent, and many people say they have been helped by his writing) but I believe him to be a fraud, too.

Reactions: 18
The photo of the kitchen in this article where Jack is doing something odd with peppers in 2013 looks suspiciously like the one of her crappy bungalow where she is making amazing discoveries today?
Nah, def different kitchen.

Reactions: 2
Noo it's not the accountant's age, we've never personally filed any of our stuff at CH as our accountant does it all for us but our ages are right and they should be. My name was spelt wrong though for a period the forms are old school so I imagine it's quite common they duck up, and there's no linking of your NI number to company either.

There was a really good BBC doc years ago on how bad CH is because there's no governance there, struck off directors can make new companies and there were loads of dodge companies from different countries and money laundering concerns. It's also why I cringe when people describe bfs/husbands importantly as 'company directors', literally just means they've at some point given CH £40 love.

edited for courts: second paragraph is nothing to do with Jack just general CH chat.

Reactions: 10
I wish I knew who to find photos of her current kitchen but I'd swear it was the same one.
Hob is built in in the article, but crappy bungalow has the hob which doesn't line up to the work surface but WAS correctly fitted by a gas safe engineer or summat.

• Haha
Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.