Jack Monroe #10 Filming new slop from her shed, "success" of Daily Kitchen gone to her head

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The estimate she's earning from her patron alone is $1,117 a month, of course she hides the actual amount she receives.

• Wow
Reactions: 11
Konditor & Cook curly whirly cake I think is the best out there although is pretty basic. I can't click on that red magazine link as Hurst magazines are a terrible organisation :LOL:
Eep! Why are they terrible?

Here it is reproduced on a blog, I don't want to give clicks if they are evil!

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Now I'm furloughed I've discovered the absolute treasure trove that is Jack's blog.

Regular *normal* people get drunk and accidentally fall over and lightly bump their head. Jack falls over and its a 'serious accident' resulting in whiplash and concussion and renders her without any cognitive function for seven days.

Attachments

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 21
Yet another recipe that showcases Jacks *crazy quirky weird* mind. Here's an idea...why don't you just chop the vegetables before you heat the oil?? HOW IS THIS WOMAN PAID TO WRITE RECIPES.
There is a reason * all * other chefs do it differently, it’s not some quirky new flavour combination

• Haha
Reactions: 5
"Accountant" - that's a bit *fancy* - don't you know how poor she is? ;)
She’ll be trying to find a fan on twitter to do it free (or for one of her godawful fotos as payment )

Now I'm furloughed I've discovered the absolute treasure trove that is Jack's blog.

Regular *normal* people get drunk and accidentally fall over and lightly bump their head. Jack falls over and its a 'serious accident' resulting in whiplash and concussion and renders her without any cognitive function for seven days.
A thousand ideas whirring around her mind and this is the slop she created 😑 also is it possible to get whiplash from a fall?!

• Haha
Off-topic a bit but my neighbour has a birthday on Sunday and is such a lovely person. Had to send her daughter off to a relative as she works for the NHS and wanted to protect her, in case. Misses her like crazy and I want to cheer her up. I'm not the best cake baker in the world but want to bake a nice cake. I have eggs, flour, chocolate, peanut butter, sugar and bits and bobs. Any recommends?
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/ultimate-chocolate-cake?amp this is the best chocolate cake I've ever made, and it's pretty much foolproof. Always moist and lovely. If you don't have buttermilk you can just curdle a bit of milk with lemon juice or vinegar for 15 mins. And could fill with a PB buttercream instead of the ganache.

ETA: sorry just seen that loads of other people have also made brilliant suggestions, I'm a bit late to the party in my enthusiasm (god, am I become Jack?)

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 8
Jack’s son and Allegra’s daughter were very close in age and both started school together in London. Then when they broke up and Jack moved back to Southend he was without a school place for a bit and had to accept a place at a school in Basildon (which is miles away - she had to take him by train and bus). Imagine having a step sister of sorts and going to school together and then never seeing them again? And then having to do a fairly arduous commute (for a little kid) to a school miles away from where you live? And then having to, presumably, move schools again once a place came up in a Southend school (I’m assuming that happened - for all I know he stayed where he was, but I think it’s unlikely)?

I know plenty of children have to cope with situations that are more unstable and chaotic than that, but it still must have been awful for him.
God that’s awful. Funny cos she made a big fuss about moving to London and away from Southend and didn’t make any fuss about moving back did she? But I do remember
Oh and, if you decide on the shortbread, this is my favourite shortbread recipe, though does call for cornflour.

I tend to ignore the vanilla pod though and use a bit of vanilla extract, or leave it out altogether (probs would if I was dipping in choc). They actually melt in the mouth.
Well Tattle, thank you so much i have just made some shortbread and they are cooking as i type :)

• Heart

Pretty sure the 7th day is a day of rest 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 2
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/ultimate-chocolate-cake?amp this is the best chocolate cake I've ever made, and it's pretty much foolproof. Always moist and lovely. If you don't have buttermilk you can just curdle a bit of milk with lemon juice or vinegar for 15 mins. And could fill with a PB buttercream instead of the ganache.

ETA: sorry just seen that loads of other people have also made brilliant suggestions, I'm a bit late to the party in my enthusiasm (god, am I become Jack?)
Thank you so much. So many wonderful ones to choose from. Going to be really hard to decide.

omg dinnee date would be amazing, although if she ws one of the ones submitting her menu i doibt shed get past that stage
I don’t think she’d cope well if she wasn’t picked for the second date, even if she didn’t want a second date with them in the first place

• Haha
Reactions: 3
2 minestrone soup recipes:

I know which one I would eat.
I made Jamie’s last week and it was 👌🏻

Reactions: 3
Since DK finished I’ve not really kept up with Drama Llama Monroe ,she hasn't produced any gruel in the tit Shed yet I take it?

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Please could some explain how a cookery book would help people in prison, DV hostels and Youth Hostels.
Prison is catered, and although I don’t have much expertise of living in a hostel, I don’t imagine they have the facilities or situations that require people to flick through published cookery books for inspiration.

I am genuinely interested in how they would be useful to those situations?
I’m way behind in the thread (damn you homeschooling/home working) so this has probably been done to death.

There may not be much practical application for these books in those particular settings, but some people are really interested in food, flick through recipes, plan what they’d like to do *some day*. They might be interested in pursuing training when their circumstances change.

No one is hurt or damaged by recipe books (although, granted, following certain instructions may cause gastric upset — pigeon slop, anyone?). I don’t see why anyone in straightened or restricted circumstances* should be denied access to anything like this

(*not you Peter Sutcliffe)

Wonder what happened to her hyped up LockdownLarder, the one she is trying to trademark? She get sick of it already?

Reactions: 6
Completely empathise with her broadband issues - but those sweet potatoes ain't getting any fresher.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 38
Yay - we need tinned neeps and we are sorted 🤣
Couldn't find tinned neeps so in true JM style, found cardboard which luckily I'd stored, whacked on some paint and ta da as if by magic transformed it into something fancy. Totally unrecognisable... I am getting good at this 🤪.

IMG_20200429_130559.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: 17
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.