Jack Monroe #10 Filming new slop from her shed, "success" of Daily Kitchen gone to her head

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
See, I did think that, but then thought I'd imagined it. Like a Facebook post that says "I've had a bad day" and then lots of "oh what's wrong?" comments. Usually followed by "I'll pm you hun". I just don't like it. I wouldn't appreciate a partner talking like that about me anywhere let alone a public platform with thousands of followers. It's a bit embarrassing.
It’s very real and a reliable tool in the narcissist’s arsenal. It’s a whole lot of little things that add up to getting people on your side should things go awry.

“Oh x and y’s relationship didn’t work out? Well, x was always trying to get rid of y’s books and crockery and you know how much y loves books and needs props for photo shoots. You can only try and control someone for so long you know”

Bang, there’s suddenly a narrative that the OTHER person was the controlling one. No they just wanted a say in how they lived ffs

Reactions: 12
This gave me a good laugh, what a short memory she has.
The data thing is utter bollocks too, my data is capped, I can’t go over my free data without getting a message, I have to actively buy more data.

I assumed, possibly wrongly Your Honour, that this was the same for everyone. It is a fairly basic budgeting control mechanism, so you don’t rack up huge bills.

• Haha
Reactions: 15
Also another hint towards the idea she has no money. Priorities really. Can you afford to spend £60 revamping a shed in the midst of a pandemic? Or do you need that £60 to feed your family or pay your Internet bill? Internet that you already knew was shoddy thanks to last weeks endeavours.

Some of these may seem a bit fussy with the steps but they always work. If you ever have the chance to visit the bakery, please do.
Thanks so much for taking the time to post these pictures. Very kind. I am off to browse in a bit. Probably spend all afternoon there.

Reactions: 5
The data thing is utter bollocks too, my data is capped, I can’t go over my free data without getting a message, I have to actively buy more data.

I assumed, possibly wrongly Your Honour, that this was the same for everyone. It is a fairly basic budgeting control mechanism, so you don’t rack up huge bills.
It’s the Kickstarter all over again isn’t it?

“My post office will only process 100 books per day, that’s why it’s taking so long”

• Wow
Reactions: 11
This gave me a good laugh, what a short memory she has.
I doubt she even knows what the truth is anymore.

So a TV exec and a online personality who both work from home a lot seem to just have dial up internet in 2020. It's not even like they're rural and have to make do with 10meg broadband. She can at least try to make her lies a little bit believable.

• Wow
Reactions: 13
Well if you can afford, laptops, tablets and all the other tech tit you state you own then you can well afford your bills.

1588155582735.png

Why doesn't she get back to researching recipes from her hoarding pile of crappy old cook books, rather than sat hunched over her phone wailing on twitter? Or maybe, even, spend some time with her son?!

• Heart
The average uk home broadband speed is 54 Mbps. So short of her living in the outer hebrides how can it be so bad? Maybe she needs a new router or a booster. My wifi never used to make the bathroom in my old house, useless for watching tv during a soak. It's feck all to do with shite internet and everything to do with the space from the router and thick victorian walls. Also, I'd imagine Louisa done a lot of wfh pre lockdown. As would Jack. So why is she only noticing an issue now?

Reactions: 8
I had issues with my WiFi last year due to a problem with the local cabling or something. I got a giffgaff SIM card and paid £25 for unlimited data for a month. It’s not difficult and now I have a back up if there’s a problem again. Did it online and SIM card arrived in the post the next day.

There are solutions out there Jack - unless of course you don’t want a solution but an excuse instead?

I’m not technical at all so when I had a security camera installed that needed wifi and the signal was terrible, I bought a booster to ensure that the signal reached that part of the house.

Some basic research, a mail order, plugged in and all good...simple.

My parents, again less technical than me, had poor WiFi so they phoned the provider who changed their package, they now pay more for faster speed. (I don’t understand this.)

Basically there are solutions that involve being proactive and not moaning to the arse lickers.

*Edited to add, neither of us have access to a main television news station and their technical/IT team. We just used our common knowledge to solve our problems.

The average uk home broadband speed is 54 Mbps. So short of her living in the outer hebrides how can it be so bad? Maybe she needs a new router or a booster. My wifi never used to make the bathroom in my old house, useless for watching tv during a soak. It's feck all to do with shite internet and everything to do with the space from the router and thick victorian walls. Also, I'd imagine Louisa done a lot of wfh pre lockdown. As would Jack. So why is she only noticing an issue now?
Mine is 35 Mbps and I just use a sim in a router box I bought - It's cheaper than broadband as we don't have a TV package. It works well enough for a few devices, game consoles etc to work. I find it hard to believe her Internet is SO bad. Even Virgin have worked o n their main issues overnight.

Reactions: 2
It’s an insidious, low level form of control (in my opinion). Toxic as duck. Whenever Jack’s not getting her way about something at home she takes to twitter for backup and arse licking.
yeh definitely, jack is manipulative enough with the public she must br awful in personal relationships

Reactions: 5
It’s very real and a reliable tool in the narcissist’s arsenal. It’s a whole lot of little things that add up to getting people on your side should things go awry.

“Oh x and y’s relationship didn’t work out? Well, x was always trying to get rid of y’s books and crockery and you know how much y loves books and needs props for photo shoots. You can only try and control someone for so long you know”

Bang, there’s suddenly a narrative that the OTHER person was the controlling one. No they just wanted a say in how they lived ffs
Definitely all of this. Left a similar situation a while back. At one point there were over 300 books, 7 bookcases in a normal sized home, 5 animals, a shed and a second shed full. Control got to the point I couldn't make my own tea. It's hard to see this possibly happening to someone else. I'm deliberately vague as still have to deal with them/working through it all. It's taken years.

• Sad
Reactions: 10
Regarding her losing the phone number and the £5000, I asked in my bank earlier this year as I suspected suspect behaviour in my account. Anyway I got told if someone has a phone contract and makes the payments via an app on their phone, that can lead to being hacked. I'm only passing on what I was told as I mentioned Jack (back when I still believed her) and her comments about being secure are most probably bullshit like everything else

Reactions: 2
yeh definitely, jack is manipulative enough with the public she must br awful in personal relationships
Agree. There is no way she is different in private to what she spews forth in public. It must be very hard work living with someone like Jack. Even living next door to her would be a bloody nightmare.

Regarding her losing the phone number and the £5000, I asked in my bank earlier this year as I suspected suspect behaviour in my account. Anyway I got told if someone has a phone contract and makes the payments via an app on their phone, that can lead to being hacked. I'm only passing on what I was told as I mentioned Jack (back when I still believed her) and her comments about being secure are most probably bullshit like everything else
With the amount of personal information she shares on Twatter it was only a matter of time before it happened. I"m not saying it is okay because it isn't. But if you choose to live your entire life, including showing yourself taking a bath, you are inviting trouble.

Reactions: 9
Off-topic a bit but my neighbour has a birthday on Sunday and is such a lovely person. Had to send her daughter off to a relative as she works for the NHS and wanted to protect her, in case. Misses her like crazy and I want to cheer her up. I'm not the best cake baker in the world but want to bake a nice cake. I have eggs, flour, chocolate, peanut butter, sugar and bits and bobs. Any recommends?
This is my favourite chocolate cake in the whole world:

It's like a truffle in cake form. Though I appreciate it uses a lot of eggs.

Edit: I'm pretty sure it would freeze quite happily too.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.