Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

shoegalxo

Our Laur starting the sly autumn transition already. I know the weather today actually is autumnal but it suits her narrative perfectly; here beginneth the crackling log fire, cosy nights in, comfort food, cashmere socks and blankets, candles galore. It’s all so boring & predictable. Dollar signs in her eyes
It's the romanticising EVERYTHING!! Does my head in. Bloody "blustery walk on the hills then her freshly bathed babes and her bubbling Mac n cheese" like she's in a bastard novel.
Lauren hun- you went for a walk. Got piss wet through. Your tea is in the oven. The end. Like everyone else today who went for a fucking walk.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 52

Starshining

VIP Member
20BA7FB9-C884-475A-8C5B-B44A8821A839.jpeg

“We” 🤣🤣🤣🤣

Emily: “Margot, what colour would you like?”
Margot: “beige, faux leather, because it is lush and matches my beige, faux leather make up bag as part of my BB Partnership ( Ad/PR I work for them)”
Emily: “Margot, what name am I putting on the front this time, in gold lettering, obvs??”
Margot: “buymylushnameditemsbyLaurenMcDermott”
Emily: “Ok Margot, I’ll head home and do all the work then”

• Haha
Reactions: 33

cottagebore

Lauren McDermott, the woman who inspired me to leave Instagram and never purchase from The White Company, Joules and various other brands again. Her online catalogue is so unhealthy and not what Instagram was designed for. The staging, DSLR snaps, branding, constant selling, using her children to sell… this will all implode at some point and she’ll look back with a lot of regret. This whole cottagecore aesthetic, too… seems like she’s trying very hard. The whole point is NOT to try hard and to live simply.

• Heart
Reactions: 32
I’ve never posted on this thread before but just saw about her gifted stay at Watergate Bay on RVK loves. Really disappointed in them, we’ve got a couple of nights this winter there and stay at least once a year obviously paying full prices. So I’ve emailed them to complain. These companies need to think about who they’re appealing to giving away all the time.

• Heart
Reactions: 29

Latetotheparty

VIP Member
oh I’m so annoyed with all these vapid insta grabbers blagging free holidays, my husband and I book here every year and it totally pisses me off that these beggars get it for free, we are both key workers and save up hard for this and this year we couldn’t get it in coz it was fully booked, so I’m absolutely fuming she’s there for free!! It’s about time Instagram got rid of all fake follower accounts so companies can see who actually has genuinely big follower numbers who will actually generate sales for them. The majority of Lauren’s followers that comment on her sales (sorry Ad) posts are big accounts themselves who also blag freebies or can afford to go to these places themselves. It’ll be interesting to see how much business these vapid grabby bastards actually make the companies they do ads for. I for one will not buy from a company that gifts to so many of these accounts, it puts me off! I also will not take any of their recommendations seriously when next week they peddle something else which is the next best thing!! I’m totally pissed off with this! I’m glad I’m not going to watergate this year! They’ll never get my business again!
sorry for the long rant but arghhhh!

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 28

Waffledoggy

I absolutely love this. This is the reason I came to tattle! I don’t think it’s right to use children and exploit them on social media in the way that by Lauren McDermott ( 😂) does, and the other insta-fakers. They are all modern day online con - artists and I think insta needs seriously regulating and a lot more transparency.
Yes, myself also. I don’t consider myself a ‘troll’. I don’t seek to cause these people harm or distress. Only to call out behaviour that I think is fundamentally wrong. Search my posts - you will find they’re almost all written in relation to issues of decent parenting, child welfare and safety. I am passionate about the right of a child to anonymity and privacy, and the protection of children from online exploitation. There are plenty of posts which give this forum a bad name - those commenting on appearance etc - but there is no other place to call out the behaviour of these people without risk of being shot down by ‘sheep’ who can’t see past the smoke and mirrors. I don’t have a social media presence myself, but find it fascinating to observe the behaviour of these influencers from a safe distance - it’s like a great social experiment. I only fear the outcome of the poor children who are dragged into this fickle world.

• Heart
Reactions: 28

GossipMongoose

VIP Member
I bet you don’t film it every time you play it so you can slow motion share those ‘precious’ and totally staged moments on Instagram!
One of my (now adult) children used to use it to make an assault course for a pet rat, so it probably wouldn’t have the same aesthetic 🤔

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 27

doingtherightthing

Chatty Member
Think she is bringing up a couple of gay boys - making butterfly wings? The clothes they wear? Noooo ...
Could you be anymore homophobic? That’s a fucking disgusting comment to make.

At the end of the day, since when are activities of any kind, gender specific? Since when do we dictate what the boys should be doing? Yes, it’s likely all for the gram, but come the fuck on here, because they’re boys they SHOULD be playing football or rugby? Getting knee deep in mud?
Perhaps the boys don’t enjoy those kind of activities, maybe they enjoy painting and being outdoors with nature? In a world where we encourage children to be whoever they want to be and not conform to stereotypes, I’m genuinely shocked at the attack on young innocent children here. Using the excuse you have children yourself is unacceptable.
“Gayboy” is such an offensive term, even more so when it’s directed at an innocent child.

In other news, I don’t give a fig about her sourdough.

Last edited:
  • Heart

eyespybs123

Chatty Member
Think she is bringing up a couple of gay boys - making butterfly wings? The clothes they wear? Noooo ...
That's bang out of order. Firstly there's nothing wrong if one or both of the boys were gay. But also boys can play dress up just as much as girls, they're only children

• Heart

Waffledoggy

How, as a psychologist, can you work with/promote a mother who lives such a *fake*, contrived lifestyle that is likely to be deeply harmful for those around her. Those kids will have no concept of the real world. Questions I’d love to ask of the psychologist:

“What long-term emotional effects does it have for children to have had their lives shared with the entire world when they are not old enough to give consent or understand the implications?”

“What proportion of parent-child relations break down irreparably when children come to realise the exploitation that their parents have subjected them to without their knowing?”

“How do adolescents feel when they learn that a significant number of paedophiles will have files of photographs of them as children stored on their computer? Did these children consent to having their photographs and personal information shared with the entire world? No, no they didn’t. What damage does this cause to an adolescent’s mental health going into adulthood? Trust issues? Image issues? Anxiety? Sheet abject horror when they realise what their parents have done to them without their permission?”

I could go on…

I strongly believe in a child’s right to complete privacy and online anonymity until they are of an age of maturity that they can give INFORMED consent to have their image and personal information shared. And by informed consent, I mean a real, in-depth understanding of the implications of having their personal information shared online with ANYONE and EVERYONE in the world. It absolutely baffles me what goes through the heads of these sorts of ‘influencers’, and I have a respect for those who manage to make a career out of doing what they do, but manage to keep their children out of it.

Last edited:
  • Heart

Libertine

VIP Member
I’m a keen gardener too and I wear my oldest, tattiest clothes in the garden. A £100 fleece is an excellent clue that you aren’t a keen gardener. 🙄

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 26

Alicolacreme

6FA85A66-5B4C-45AF-BC32-FD9D25674955.jpeg

I’m going to try and say this in the least mean way possible but…
This whole photo is just weird… the way she’s holding that trowel is, quite frankly, wrong, she’s bunched up and not planting anything in particular, in a crisp white shirt with barely a mark on her.
I get that her account is like an unrealistic magazine full of adverts but… if you had the opportunity to earn money from sponsorships (looks like she’s going for the gardening sponsorships now) you’d at least look like you knew what you were doing…. Get those wellies caked in mud so people see how durable they are, hold a bloody trowel the right way, actively portray that your planting and weeding, this whole image looks so amateurish it’s embarrassing.

guess I didn’t say that nicely after all :/

• Haha
Reactions: 26

Clare

VIP Member
Only BUY Lauren McDermott could put a post up about Earth Day by extolling consumerism, imploring her followers to buy a stupid bag. She’s either stupid, deluded, arrogant or just all three.

Oh and also, so she didn’t take her boys for a nice afternoon out for a play and an ice cream, she took them for a photo shoot so she could waft around dressed like a middle-aged narcissistic twat to promote a bloody bag and get smoke blown up her bum by strangers on insta. Fun times boys! Mama loves you!

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 25

Starshining

VIP Member
89995EBE-FFEA-4F22-BEF9-8AEA246E8A0B.jpeg

“As usual...” 🤔

nah love, only since the recent ASA rule change on advertising beauty products

bit of gaslighting there for you, for the weekend

• Haha
Reactions: 24