Hunters and Heels #5 there's a spelling mistake, surely it should be buy Lauren McDermott

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It looks like a wedding photo where the bride is getting ready in the morning.

Those shoes make her feet look huge. I'm not bitching about if she has big feet cos I've never noticed them looking big in other shoes.
Yes she has massive feet.

Reactions: 2
Something that annoys me irrationally with influencers is use of the phrases “going in” in reference to make-up/skincare application, like “I’m going in with the eye shadow” - like why?!?! Also “I’m going to apply this to THE lip / THE forehead / THE eye area”. It’s your YOUR face, woman! Use the personal pronoun “MY”! 🙄 Good heavens, I need to think of something better to moan about - on the train to work and I forgot my book 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Something that annoys me irrationally with influencers is use of the phrases “going in” in reference to make-up/skincare application, like “I’m going in with the eye shadow” - like why?!?! Also “I’m going to apply this to THE lip / THE forehead / THE eye area”. It’s your YOUR face, woman! Use the personal pronoun “MY”! 🙄 Good heavens, I need to think of something better to moan about - on the train to work and I forgot my book 😂
Or “ I’m popping on” 🤷🏼‍♀️

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 12
89995EBE-FFEA-4F22-BEF9-8AEA246E8A0B.jpeg

“As usual...” 🤔

nah love, only since the recent ASA rule change on advertising beauty products

bit of gaslighting there for you, for the weekend

• Haha
Reactions: 24
View attachment 583740
“As usual...” 🤔

nah love, only since the recent ASA rule change on advertising beauty products

bit of gaslighting there for you, for the weekend
I know she showed herself with no make up and no filter which I much prefer, but the second shot that showed her with makeup on, and that looked like a filter was being used? Everything so flawless - not a pore in sight. My question to her would be, if you are a so called beauty expert representing Bobbi brown - why do you feel you need to use filters? Surely a natural made-up look should suffice? Maybe that’s a question for the child psychologist, as more impressionable young people live in a digital world where nothing is quite as it seems.

Reactions: 11
Quite fancied trying that Amanda Harrington tan, not now they’ve stooped to using greedy influencers to market their products

Reactions: 8
Quite fancied trying that Amanda Harrington tan, not now they’ve stooped to using greedy influencers to market their products
I feel the same about the white company. I was a loyal customer and bought a lot, even when I moved overseas, but when I see all theses influencers getting so much for free it puts me off buying. Makes me wonder who this advertising appeals to as loyal customers are put off and they are left with one off customers buying one item to emulate their favourite influencers. I have a basket with over £400 that has been there a month as I’m so cross about the freebies handed out. I’ve never received a voucher from a company to say thanks for being a loyal customer. 😬

• Heart
Reactions: 22
That’s a really good point @Winterqueen. I like the White company too and I remember buying from them when they were a little company with a paper booklet. Once upon a time they used to send out £10 vouchers at Christmas and you’re right, why not reward loyal customers.
It miffs me off too how Instagram accounts used to be fun but these days they seem to be nothing more than a sales platform 😡

• Heart
Reactions: 14
I have tried some of the products and rather like them! But totally get not wanting to support the brand - I won't be repurchasing. Have you used any Isle of Paradise? I like their face drops. Also a British-owned brand.

Reactions: 8
I have tried some of the products and rather like them! But totally get not wanting to support the brand - I won't be repurchasing. Have you used any Isle of Paradise? I like their face drops. Also a British-owned brand.
Yes really like Isle of Paradise!

Reactions: 4
That’s a really good point @Winterqueen. I like the White company too and I remember buying from them when they were a little company with a paper booklet. Once upon a time they used to send out £10 vouchers at Christmas and you’re right, why not reward loyal customers.
It miffs me off too how Instagram accounts used to be fun but these days they seem to be nothing more than a sales platform 😡
Everything @Winterqueen and yourself have said 👏🏼
I have shopped there from the beginning in the mid to late ‘90’s.

No longer; stopped over two years ago when the ridiculous amount of freebies where ramped up. Every quarter the “floggers” were to choose £250 worth of items in conjunction with a #paid partnership.

I no longer fund this happening Chrissie!

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 14
Can’t believe Lauren went to Pilates with her friend the other night, then they went for a nice walk together afterwards, and then BANG - she posts a photo of herself on the grid, which her friend had been made to take. She’s a full time narcissist. I’ve never been for a walk with a friend, then stopped to pose and ask them to take a photo of me (no doubt it wouldn’t have been just one photo, Lauren needs the perfect photo and filter to go with it!). Glad the psychologist postponed his online live with her. Mums like her have a lot to answer for! I’d love to ask him ‘do you think it’s right to plaster photos and videos of our kids on the internet for all to see - knowing when birthdays are, what house layout is like, where they live etc?’ ‘How safe is it?’, and ‘how do children feel about parents stuck behind a camera all the time? How does this effect them longer term?’

Reactions: 11
Can’t believe Lauren went to Pilates with her friend the other night, then they went for a nice walk together afterwards, and then BANG - she posts a photo of herself on the grid, which her friend had been made to take. She’s a full time narcissist. I’ve never been for a walk with a friend, then stopped to pose and ask them to take a photo of me (no doubt it wouldn’t have been just one photo, Lauren needs the perfect photo and filter to go with it!). Glad the psychologist postponed his online live with her. Mums like her have a lot to answer for! I’d love to ask him ‘do you think it’s right to plaster photos and videos of our kids on the internet for all to see - knowing when birthdays are, what house layout is like, where they live etc?’ ‘How safe is it?’, and ‘how do children feel about parents stuck behind a camera all the time? How does this effect them longer term?’
Not a fan of Lauren, but she does say it is an old photo in the caption.
But yes she does it a lot normally. Every single outing is normally photo / content opportunity.

Not a fan of Lauren, but she does say it is an old photo in the caption.
But yes she does it a lot normally. Every single outing is normally photo / content opportunity.
I read it as a “funny old picture” meaning it’s an unusual type of shot for her not an old picture? I think it is a current pic

Reactions: 13
I read it as a “funny old picture” meaning it’s an unusual type of shot for her not an old picture? I think it is a current pic
Yes, she means it isn't the curated fake nonsense she usually portrays. She is wearing normal clothes - shock! Her friend was made to take Margot's photo for her Instagram...

Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.