Hunters and Heels #5 there's a spelling mistake, surely it should be buy Lauren McDermott

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It's her new gardening presenter show voice. Here's Lauren swanning around the sweet pea beds, watering can in hand, sunning her Sarah Raven dahlias just checking on that cafe au lait 🙄
I don’t know if you listened to the garden podcast? The word to describe it was awkward.

our Laur’ admits she is “all the gear and no idea” and would like someone to design “pretty garden shoes” 🙄

lots of breathy “yeeees” and “oooooh”

lots of long silences too. It’s a shame as the ladies who own the podcast are quite knowledgable for novice gardeners but clearly you can’t tell the bandwagon jumping that has became Laur’s account

• Haha
Reactions: 8
I don’t know if you listened to the garden podcast? The word to describe it was awkward.

our Laur’ admits she is “all the gear and no idea” and would like someone to design “pretty garden shoes” 🙄

lots of breathy “yeeees” and “oooooh”

lots of long silences too. It’s a shame as the ladies who own the podcast are quite knowledgable for novice gardeners but clearly you can’t tell the bandwagon jumping that has became Laur’s account
It really was wasn’t it; half of the flower varieties they were talking about she had never heard of and I felt she just went along with everything they said when it was glaringly obvious she was so out of her depth

Judging by the state of the sweet peas she planted out I don’t think her first foray into a cut flower garden will go as she has anticipated 😳

• Haha
Reactions: 6
I'm so confused... should I have specific garden clothes? Because if I go into the garden I wear whatever I was wearing in the livingroom or kitchen, and none of my clothes cost a hundred pounds.. I don't change before I go into the garden. Dammit, I'm doing it wrong aren't I đŸ€Ł I'll never be a fabulous as this woman 😭😬

• Haha
Reactions: 19
88A3DFC5-215E-481B-8ECF-373D38F7F0E1.jpeg

perfect for that Daylesford Freebies leftover box

🙄

surprised Daylesford wasn’t tagged
*waves to Daylesford*

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Think she is bringing up a couple of gay boys - making butterfly wings? The clothes they wear? Noooo ...
That's bang out of order. Firstly there's nothing wrong if one or both of the boys were gay. But also boys can play dress up just as much as girls, they're only children

• Heart
Reactions: 27
Sorry I don't mean how it sounded - I have 3 boys myself and I don't care if they were gay but the activities and clothes are a bit feminine

..... it's like she would hate to put them in a football kit

Reactions: 1
View attachment 556107
perfect for that Daylesford Freebies leftover box

🙄

surprised Daylesford wasn’t tagged
*waves to Daylesford*
I noticed the box too! *Marks and Spencer breathy voiceover* "This is not any old box, it is a Daylesford box..." Not an accident - everything is so carefully curated with Margot.

I actually came on because her outfit choice is so BAD! The navy cardigan, with gold buttons and white stripe and long pleated white skirt. My mum had an outfit exactly like this in the 80s, ffs. It genuinely surprises me that clothing brands ever want to work with her.

Sorry I don't mean how it sounded - I have 3 boys myself and I don't care if they were gay but the activities and clothes are a bit feminine

..... it's like she would hate to put them in a football kit
That is it, in a nutshell though, the activities aren't for her boys, unfortunately; they are for Instagram.

• Haha
Such a posed picture. I have lived in the countryside for years and there is no way that your everyday sneakers can look that white đŸ€Ł

• Haha
Reactions: 12
I noticed the box too! *Marks and Spencer breathy voiceover* "This is not any old box, it is a Daylesford box..." Not an accident - everything is so carefully curated with Margot.

I actually came on because her outfit choice is so BAD! The navy cardigan, with gold buttons and white stripe and long pleated white skirt. My mum had an outfit exactly like this in the 80s, ffs. It genuinely surprises me that clothing brands ever want to work with her.

That is it, in a nutshell though, the activities aren't for her boys, unfortunately; they are for Instagram.
Yes! This! Soooooo 80’s!! The Daylesford brand placing is sooo transparent and cringe! Of course because she has already told everyone she is going there this week to visit the new garden room - absolutely contrived - sorry boys you are just a pawn again! As for her gardening she is far less Rachel de Thame and much more Charlie Dimmock!!

Reactions: 4
Think she is bringing up a couple of gay boys - making butterfly wings? The clothes they wear? Noooo ...
Could you be anymore homophobic? That’s a bleeping disgusting comment to make.

At the end of the day, since when are activities of any kind, gender specific? Since when do we dictate what the boys should be doing? Yes, it’s likely all for the gram, but come the duck on here, because they’re boys they SHOULD be playing football or rugby? Getting knee deep in mud?
Perhaps the boys don’t enjoy those kind of activities, maybe they enjoy painting and being outdoors with nature? In a world where we encourage children to be whoever they want to be and not conform to stereotypes, I’m genuinely shocked at the attack on young innocent children here. Using the excuse you have children yourself is unacceptable.
“Gayboy” is such an offensive term, even more so when it’s directed at an innocent child.

In other news, I don’t give a fig about her sourdough.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 27
with the branding so perfectly central 👌

Yes! This! Soooooo 80’s!! The Daylesford brand placing is sooo transparent and cringe! Of course because she has already told everyone she is going there this week to visit the new garden room - absolutely contrived - sorry boys you are just a pawn again! As for her gardening she is far less Rachel de Thame and much more Charlie Dimmock!!
I think that’s an insult to Charlie D, at least Charlie D gets her hands dirty and has horticultural knowledge! Our Lau knows less about gardening than one of Monty Don’s retrievers...

• Haha
with the branding so perfectly central 👌

I think that’s an insult to Charlie D, at least Charlie D gets her hands dirty and has horticultural knowledge! Our Lau knows less about gardening than one of Monty Don’s retrievers...
True. Sorry Charlie.

• Haha
Reactions: 7
The bottom line is that I don’t think it’s right using children as props, which let’s face it, a lot of Instagrammers have realised increases their engagement, provides content and gives them extra ways of earning an income. Let those little boys lead a PRIVATE childhood away from social media scrutiny. They are too young to understand and they are too young to even consent to being on any social media platform, therefore, keep them offline, or keep an account that is private that only family can view.

Reactions: 11
I just think anyone who follows her or has seen her account knows so much about those boys, too much. Lauren has shared so so much of their childhood that it really isn’t fair on them for people to have seen so much, it’s a bit like The Truman Show, they’re living their lives but their mum is advertising all the time!
They are being used as little props and no child should have to do that. As I’ve said before they're her little cash cows.

Could you be anymore homophobic? That’s a bleeping disgusting comment to make.

At the end of the day, since when are activities of any kind, gender specific? Since when do we dictate what the boys should be doing? Yes, it’s likely all for the gram, but come the duck on here, because they’re boys they SHOULD be playing football or rugby? Getting knee deep in mud?
Perhaps the boys don’t enjoy those kind of activities, maybe they enjoy painting and being outdoors with nature? In a world where we encourage children to be whoever they want to be and not conform to stereotypes, I’m genuinely shocked at the attack on young innocent children here. Using the excuse you have children yourself is unacceptable.
“Gayboy” is such an offensive term, even more so when it’s directed at an innocent child.

In other news, I don’t give a fig about her sourdough.
👏 👏👏👏👏
Couldn’t have said this better. As a Mum to a boy who doesn’t like sport, enjoys arts, craft and is more softer than his cousins who are very boisterous, I think such terms as ‘gay-boy’ these days are absolutely disgusting!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.