Hunters and Heels #5 there's a spelling mistake, surely it should be buy Lauren McDermott

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The forecast for today/tomorrow when they have apparently shelled out their own money for staying at the hotel us giving me life - raining and fairly overcast. Hmmm, what a shame....šŸ˜œ

• Haha
Reactions: 12
oh Iā€™m so annoyed with all these vapid insta grabbers blagging free holidays, my husband and I book here every year and it totally pisses me off that these beggars get it for free, we are both key workers and save up hard for this and this year we couldnā€™t get it in coz it was fully booked, so Iā€™m absolutely fuming sheā€™s there for free!! Itā€™s about time Instagram got rid of all fake follower accounts so companies can see who actually has genuinely big follower numbers who will actually generate sales for them. The majority of Laurenā€™s followers that comment on her sales (sorry Ad) posts are big accounts themselves who also blag freebies or can afford to go to these places themselves. Itā€™ll be interesting to see how much business these vapid grabby bastards actually make the companies they do ads for. I for one will not buy from a company that gifts to so many of these accounts, it puts me off! I also will not take any of their recommendations seriously when next week they peddle something else which is the next best thing!! Iā€™m totally pissed off with this! Iā€™m glad Iā€™m not going to watergate this year! Theyā€™ll never get my business again!
sorry for the long rant but arghhhh!
I donā€™t blame you - how utterly disappointing to see her there for free saying how ā€˜lushā€™ it all is. At least GSDIH - Sally - actually frequented the place before advertising it. Lauren has never been there before - probs couldnā€™t afford it.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
We used to regularly go to a luxurious spa hotel, until I saw that it had gifted one of the most grabbiest Instagrammers a free weekend there. She posted all her ludicrous and vapid posed photos and stories, and has never mentioned said hotel ever again! Iā€™ve never re-booked that hotel since - itā€™s totally tainted it for me. Lauren is the same - devalues the brand for me. And who goes on holiday and add links all the clothes they wore??? I mean who?? šŸ˜”

• Angry
Reactions: 24
An IG I follow who shares lots of lovely London content is at the same hotel. I am thinking maybe they've just filled up the hotel with influencers this weekend. Not sure if they needed to if they're already booked out all summer.

Reactions: 9
An IG I follow who shares lots of lovely London content is at the same hotel. I am thinking maybe they've just filled up the hotel with influencers this weekend. Not sure if they needed to if they're already booked out all summer.
Omg imagine a hotel full of posing instagrammers, all jostling to get the best pictures šŸ˜‚ no thank you very much.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 16
Iā€™ve never posted on this thread before but just saw about her gifted stay at Watergate Bay on RVK loves. Really disappointed in them, weā€™ve got a couple of nights this winter there and stay at least once a year obviously paying full prices. So Iā€™ve emailed them to complain. These companies need to think about who theyā€™re appealing to giving away all the time.

• Heart
Reactions: 29
Omg imagine a hotel full of posing instagrammers, all jostling to get the best pictures šŸ˜‚ no thank you very much.
A few weeks ago I passed a magnolia tree and two instagrammers literally told other people to go away so they could take pictures. They had a car double parked on yellow lines and were changing into all sorts of ridiculous outfits to take pictures. I imagine they were doing one of those silly reels where you jump into a different outfit. I had no idea who they were so don't know what the end product was like šŸ˜‚

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 19
A few weeks ago I passed a magnolia tree and two instagrammers literally told other people to go away so they could take pictures. They had a car double parked on yellow lines and were changing into all sorts of ridiculous outfits to take pictures. I imagine they were doing one of those silly reels where you jump into a different outfit. I had no idea who they were so don't know what the end product was like šŸ˜‚
Omg šŸ˜†
We go to quite a few ā€˜insta famousā€™ places most of these dickheads wet themselves over, itā€™s quite entertaining watching them piss about trying to get the perfect shot. I canā€™t imagine being so narcissistic to take a hundred photos of myself there to show hundreds of strangers on an app. My family would take mickey out of me something rotten if I tried šŸ˜†

• Haha
Reactions: 13
Omg šŸ˜†
We go to quite a few ā€˜insta famousā€™ places most of these dickheads wet themselves over, itā€™s quite entertaining watching them piss about trying to get the perfect shot. I canā€™t imagine being so narcissistic to take a hundred photos of myself there to show hundreds of strangers on an app. My family would take mickey out of me something rotten if I tried šŸ˜†
My family would do the same šŸ˜‚

Reactions: 6
I messaged watergate bay and told them now disappointing it is to see them gift Instagrammers with free trips like this.

• Heart
Reactions: 21
Also the coat and jumper she has been wearing, and she has now aff linked (how kind of her), to advertise her stay at W Bay should also have been marked as AD/gifted the whole time she was wearing them and every time from now on. It is not ok to declare this in a swipe up only when answering dmā€™s about where it is from! I would not feel good about myself if everywhere I went and everything I wear I hadnā€™t paid for.
[email protected]

send them photos. Only way they learn

Reactions: 8
Omg was that joules raincoat that she mentioned the other day gifted as part of an Ad then? I thought sheā€™d bought it herself. If not then she is very sneaky indeed.

Theyā€™ve blagged an Ā£800 gifted stay in the best part of the hotel but she doesnā€™t want to mark it as #AD because they are paying just for two of the days?

Blozza, allow us to tell you how to do your job. Firstly, from the moment you begin to discuss the hotel, you mark it as ad/gifted stay, especially being as you are currently on location. You must then mark it on every single story and at the start of the ad, not in the middle, the start. And, when your gifted break is over, you still have to continue marking it as so because technically, you have now worked with them although she can now add that you have part for that part of your break.
A bit like when you mark all your ads with Jo Malone or Bobbi Brown, because you know, youā€™ve worked with them. Or are you just embarrassed now that youā€™ve conned yourself into an expensive holiday when so many are struggling.

Although sheā€™s at least marked it once or twice, Allison Sadler on the other hand, must have slipped her mind.
Their room is Ā£800 per night. So theyā€™ve been gifted Ā£1600 + Food/Drink most probably!
That means they have ā€˜paidā€™ Ā£1600 themselves for the next two nights... I somehow donā€™t believe they have paid the full amount, I bet it was discounted!

• Angry
Reactions: 16
Their room is Ā£800 per night. So theyā€™ve been gifted Ā£1600 + Food/Drink most probably!
That means they have ā€˜paidā€™ Ā£1600 themselves for the next two nights... I somehow donā€™t believe they have paid the full amount, I bet it was discounted!
I agree - sheā€™s such a tight šŸ‘! The monetisation of Instagram has turned these nobodies into beggy, narcissistic, selfish, dishonest idiots. They think they are entitled to free or discounted stuff. Not the type of values or moral code I want my family to live by.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
The end product was likely cringeworthy done before crap like the majority of reels.

It used to be bad enough back in the day when all the amateur photographers didn't want to let anyone get near cos they were more entitled to take scenic pics for Flickr, never mind some idiot taking lots of pics of them self.

Iā€™ve never posted on this thread before but just saw about her gifted stay at Watergate Bay on RVK loves. Really disappointed in them, weā€™ve got a couple of nights this winter there and stay at least once a year obviously paying full prices. So Iā€™ve emailed them to complain. These companies need to think about who theyā€™re appealing to giving away all the time.
I've been thinking about doing the same, but wouldn't know how to put it. Did you mention which Instagram account or did you just complain about gifted stays in general?

Another one that clearly doesn't know how to declare an #ad or a free trip properly.

Reactions: 5
I've been thinking about doing the same, but wouldn't know how to put it. Did you mention which Instagram account or did you just complain about gifted stays in general?
No I didnā€™t mention which Instagram account, just said I was disappointed to see them gifting free stays this weekend to Instagrammers who havenā€™t stayed previously and paid with their own cash.

22412662-E57E-49F3-8D63-047CDB490D62.jpeg

ā€œWe are here too, šŸ‘‹šŸ¼ look at me, LOOK AT ME!ā€

Sigh šŸ™„

• Haha
  • Sick
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.