Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

not fussed at all

Sorry but how could Holly possibly want to be a doctor with such stupid views? Imagine going to your GP and them going "you do have an infection, but you know what, eat some garlic instead" like piss off man. For a pair with Cambridge degrees, pretty bloody thick if you ask me - which you didn't, but Jesus Christ that's ridiculous

• Heart
Reactions: 19

3littlekittens

I don't think Holly understands that being vegan is different from eating like a rabbit. It's strange how she never eats tofu or seitan, given how those are staples of many vegans' diets. Her aversion to sodium and fat may be rooted in a teeny bit of sense, but why is she so opposed to protein? Perhaps it's because she's scared of building muscle? I also noticed that her smoothies are basically her veggie bowls presented in a different form. They're made of a random assortment of fruits and veggies without any regard as to what flavours go well together. Then she blends them with water, even though she has her choice of soy, almond, oat, or even rice milk.

Someone above mentioned that she purposely makes her food as bland as possible, and I agree. My armchair psychologist opinion is that eating is a chore for her. Deep down she's still terrified of overeating and gaining weight. By making her food flavourless, it ensures she never eats more than absolutely necessary. Her excessive focus on veganism is an attempt to keep up with appearances. When she shows her bowls to the camera, she's hoping that the vibrant colours of the vegetables will distract viewers from the lack of nutrients.
I would like to emphasize that I'm NOT a professional and this is all gossip and speculation.

• Wow
Reactions: 18

nbx512

Chatty Member
Has anyone seen PaigeY's new video? She did astrophysics at Cambridge and will be starting an actuarial grad role soon. She spoke about the fact that just having Cambridge on your CV isn't enough, you need to network, put yourself forward for opportunities and just generally be more than a degree etc etc. She also (to me) made a really smart choice about going into work rather than continuing on with her education. The comparison to Holly is quite profound and I feel like she could stand to learn a lot from Paige's attitude.

Reactions: 17

quartzen

Emily did work at Hollister for quite a good few months after graduating Cambridge before starting her office job. Her boyfriend also works at her place of work, so if anyone can find his online profile or where he works that might help
She clearly doesn’t want that information to be public knowledge, don’t be weird about it....

Reactions: 16

SilentSue

I disagree. Speaking from personal experience growing up with a toxic parent, the enmeshment was such that I did miss her when I was away, as I'd been conditioned into codependency. I was told I was "difficult to parent" and "difficult to love", which wasn't true at all. I just had a shitty parent.

• Heart
Reactions: 16

hpprotego

Chatty Member
I just think her body doesn’t function as it should! Either something has been diagnosed and she doesn’t want to disclose (she did give us reason to believe that was the case on a reply to a comment on one of her videos) or she just doesn’t understand basic hygiene 🤢

Did anyone else pick up on one of hollys thoughts in her bullet journal about education?

she said something along the lines of ‘education is often thought of as a privileged ‘gift’, but it’s just ones way of discovering themselves and the world’.....

WHAT? You’re telling me this girl doesn’t think her education was a privilege?? That her spending 3 years at Cambridge in some of the nicest rooms available in Queens wasn’t a privilege? The fact that she was able to discover part of who she was through university rather than anything else???

it angers and astounds me that this girl at the age of 22 is trying to put down her privilege. Not only in the education sector but also on everything she’s said on BLM. She’s the least down to earth person I’ve encountered. She comes across as down to earth initially but once you actually get into her head it’s ludicrous. She’s still a child.

Last edited:
Reactions: 15

hpprotego

Chatty Member
Holly Gabrielle #2: 12 or 22? who knows but she vlogs her pets poo

pahahaha lmao so lame but I make myself laugh

• Haha

Johngail245

I don’t know why this girl gets a pass. Yes, she got a good grade at a top uni. But she had no real leadership positions, research internships or even a social life. Anyone can do well if they are alone 24/7 studying. I’m in the field of cancer clinical trials and it’s a smack in the face hearing her not acknowledge her privilege! I did a full intense placement year in a hospital, presented at conferences etc. Whilst working to support myself and still maintaining a very busy social life! To see someone who had no relevant work experience see this as an easy route is laughable. Getting on to the course is the easy part. Staying in research is the hard part! You need to be able to network, present and have good social and communication skills. It’s not all based on how well you memorise stuff whilst being locked up in your room alone. She needs to wake up and smell the roses!! I’m sorry if this is harsh but it’s exactly what she did with medicine! Making it seem like a easy option. Anyone can see she has no real passion for cancer research. She just wants the status and recognition for being in the field, as she needs to be seen as ‘clever’ and needs validation for every single life choice. Well this field will eat her up alive so good luck to her :)

Bellamerrell

VIP Member
I’m sorry but I’m still not over Holly only washing her hair ONCE every 2 WEEKS?!!? She does so much sweaty exercise, it must be gross! If she isn’t producing any natural oils then something isn’t right with her. Whether that’s a developmental thing due to her ‘previous’ eating disorder or it’s just the way she is, it’s not right 🤢
Maybe she has the same condition as Prince Andrew and doesn't sweat

• Haha
Reactions: 14

TinaTree

Chatty Member
Objectively, she should be a source of envy: rich family, slim, conventionally attractive, Oxbridge education... and yet her life seems so unappealing.
I know I'm a cow for saying this but i personally wouldn't class Holly as 'conventionally attractive' maybe that's because of how her personality traits and actions which are impacting my view.

Oatmeall

I don't think Youtubers/Influencers who bring out "sustainable merch" seem to realise that promoting their audience to buy extra clothing actually goes against being sustainable, even if it's sustainably sourced. It's not like her hoodies and t-shirts are necessities that people don't have already, they are definitely "added extras" that her audience is only prompted to buy because it's from Holly. It is more sustainable to not keep producing more merch and just let your audience live with what they have or shop through thrifting (which you could get way more for the price of one of her items). It you have something spectacular to add to the fashion market sure, but these are literally plain coloured clothes.

• Heart

teflonpanda

Chatty Member
Ugh whenever Holly's mom shows up in her videos it just makes me so uncomfortable, I just get such bad vibes from the way she talks to Holly.. Like in Holly's most recent vid, Holly made some innocuous remark about her trainers looking kinda dirty and her mom replied with "Yeah, Holly doesn't look after her things very well" in such a mean tone of voice like? Just a super snarky, deprecating comment that came seemingly out of nowhere. And that's how she talks to her kid while a camera is on. Idk sometimes I just feel really bad for Holly when I think about her family dynamics.

• Sad
  • Wow

Magallanes

she's not interested in her subject, she's not interested in films, telly, literature, music, politics...gosh what does she talk about when she hangs out with her friends?? about food/veganism? i think that's her only interest in life, and the two friends she met in london with...(surprise) have also vegan ig accounts! that's a bit obsessive isn't it?
EDIT: nothing wrong with being vegan, but looks like it's her only way to connect with other people and have stuff in common!

Too Much

VIP Member
View attachment 220236
‘I am grateful for my family for looking out for me, even though somehow I always seem to take offence and interpret their intentions negatively’

If I’m being perfectly honest, from that, the whole idea of Hollys family not talking to her about their concerns isn’t Holly’s family’s issue, but Holly’s.

Seems like she can’t take the concerns in a good way, and actually take them on board. I can imagine her being a pretty defensive person when it comes to her routines and habits. It’s nice to see her family look out for her, but worrying to see how dismissive Holly is of her own reactions.

Saying ‘I somehow’ just sounds like she’s brushing over her actions, and not really thinking through them. Holly, there’s a reason why you behave like that and you need to get to the bottom of it.
Reading this journal entry makes me sad.

It looks like a young girl or teenager has written it, and the second item screams pain to me.

I'm of the opinion that Holly is who/how she is because of her parents and their inability to deal with emotions in a healthy way, which results in control issues for them, as well as her. They are not able to help themselves let alone her, and their attempts/intentions are most likely misguided for that reason. She obviously instinctively feels like she doesn't want to engage with them on this issue, and I think she is right about this - their coping mechanisms/advice are too distorted to be of any true help, and they are the reason she has these issues in the first place.

I do not dispute that she has issues and needs help. I think that this needs to come from outside the home, from a qualified therapist. Seeing as they seemingly didn't seek treatment from a medical professional for her eating disorder when she was underage - a previous comment Emily made about depression being a choice also jumps out - I suspect that they are not well educated on mental health issues and are wary, or even actively disapproving, of therapy. It seems likely that they may be stunting Holly's growth/recovery by dissuading her from reaching out for this kind of help. They certainly come across as 'old-fashioned' with a 'pull your socks up'/'stiff upper lip' kind of approach. They may not actually stop her from getting help if she decided to do this, but I'm sure their opinions influence Holly, who seems used to being controlled/influenced by them, especially when she is living in their house. I can imagine them making comments about 'wasting' money on therapy, in the same way comments about 'wasting' money on rent were made.

I thought about messaging Holly to say this but don't use IG, so I'll write it here: Holly, I believe you're right that your family's intentions and attempts to 'help' you may well be coming from an unhelpful and negative place. Trust and believe your gut on this and google some qualified therapists with eating disorder expertise near you. You should able to have an initial chat with them free of charge and on zoom. Find one you like and think you could work with. It is worth the money more than anything else in your life right now. It will challenge you but it is an investment in your happiness and future. It may make things difficult with your family, but you will be doing the right thing.

Edited to add: Also, it's easy to assume that her family's attempts to help her are related to her eating, but this may not be the case. They could be trying to influence her in other ways (which I would assume are also unhelpful). She needs to be able to feel her own feelings and make her own decisions.

Last edited:
  • Heart

quartzen

I’m so baffled at how she didn’t manage to make a single male friend throughout her entire degree at University. Especially doing nature sciences, which last tome I checked, had a male majority even in biology. Or even a neighbour or friend in college, the entire point of Cambridge colleges, to meet people doing different subjects who you live with. I’m surprised she didn’t apply to one of the female colleges.

not fussed at all

IN SUMMARY:
-she is going to take a step back from tutoring if she gets into a master's course.
-She's going to consider studying abroad if UCL reject her, otherwise take whatever she can get.
-She'd like to go into cancer research/oncology, but will change her mind if that doesn't work out.

I've saved you 10 mins.

• Haha

emm

VIP Member
She knew she’d get so many applications. And even when she saw she had a few hundred come in she still didn’t close applications for over a week. Doesn’t make sense to me.
Also, she said the CV emails were coming through to the same inbox as her normal tutoring communication so she was struggling to find her existing customer emails.
To me that just shows how massively unprofessional she is
I am aware not everyone is like this, but this just shows how so many people from vey prestigious unis are very “book smartt” but don’t have enough common sense

Reactions: 13

kingdomhearts

She eats the most weirdest things. I’ve never known anyone to have sweet potatoes in a fruit/smoothie bowl or drink water from a bell pepper or put peanut butter on a potato? Dunno if I’m living a sheltered life but her eating habits are so bizarre to me.

• Sick
  • Wow

teflonpanda

Chatty Member
I really think she would benefit from talking therapy, but she’s adamant that she is doing just fine and gets all her support from her family when I feel like they are more than a little odd. It sucks for her that she has such little self awareness at 22.
Yeah, this!! It honestly strikes me as weird how little self-awareness Holly has (at least judging by her videos, that is). For example when she was talking about how she kept running on her injured/hurting foot she was like "I really don't know why I did that haha I guess that's just a typical thing all runners do haha" - rather than like, do some introspection into why she has these impulses to do things that hurt/harm herself.

Or when she was saying she has been like this (i.e. super productive and "go go go", as she calls it) "from the womb". I forgot what video that was in, but she basically claimed that her obsession with being productive and working a lot was innate, that she has just always been this way, since she was a baby. And I was just watching this thinking like "damn, it really doesn't occur to her that her family and other influences growing up have shaped her??" It was honestly such a weird moment. But maybe her lifestyle really doesn't leave her any time for reflecting on herself and growing in that way, idk.

• Sad

emmer_moans

VIP Member
Exactly, or she could try writing down her feelings into a diary/journal if she doesn't feel ready to talk about it. She seems to enjoy bullet journalling, but only for productivity reasons. It can be really useful to track emotions/mental health as well.
My relationship with my parents improved vastly when I moved out. They are nice people, and listen to me if I need to talk about emotions (this was like 7 years ago btw), but being under their roof as an adult just made things tense and odd. As soon as I moved out it was nice to meet them for walks at the weekend, etc, rather than being in their space. What works for some adults with their parents doesn’t work for others, I really sense Holly will thrive a bit more once she permanently moves out. If she goes to do a masters or not, she should permanently move out now. I just hope she doesn’t go to uni for a year then move back in at home again afterwards, else the cycle starts again. In my view, she should go to uni, then secure a flat to rent once uni ends to avoid the necessity of coming home. When I was at home after uni, looking for a job I had no money and no choice but to come home to my parents, which caused me a good few months of depression because our relationship was sour at the time and I was stuck, financially. Holly doesn’t have the financial excuse if her tutoring fees are anything to go by.

• Heart