Holly Gabrielle

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I think this is a really good decision from her. She came across as more mature in the video. Let's just hope London life will free her from her family's clutches and give her a broader outlook.

Reactions: 5
Considering that she chose to do a written dissertation rather than a research based one in her third year, I wonder if she has the necessary laboratory experience that the cancer masters at UCL is looking for.
I wondered this too, it's a bit of a risky thing to apply and tell her whole audience before actually being accepted in my opinion!

Reactions: 9
I wondered this too, it's a bit of a risky thing to apply and tell her whole audience before actually being accepted in my opinion!
Yeh I am very superstitious and it feels like tempting fate (well aware this is absurd😂) but I think whatever happens she needs to move away from her family, their dynamic is so odd

Reactions: 4
Glad to hear she’s finally chosen something which she enjoys and has at least some experience in. I guess she would’ve had to do some labs in her cancer based module but other than that I’m not too sure. Just hope she moves out.....

I don’t understand why she’s always banging on about how expensive it all is though when she isn’t being forced into doing it.... yeah it’s expensive but it’s your choice. At least this course means she might stop complaining 24/7.

Reactions: 2
Didn't some sort of company offered a flat in London to Jack Edwards and he's been living there since then? Do you think she'll make a collab with the same (or similar) company in order to have a studio for her in central London?

• Wow
Reactions: 1
Didn't some sort of company offered a flat in London to Jack Edwards and he's been living there since then? Do you think she'll make a collab with the same (or similar) company in order to have a studio for her in central London?
Yep. I think that’s very likely! I think there are some more Studytubers who had similar ads with housing companies. Really annoys me - especially right now! They should help out student in needs not people like Holly who come from a very privileged background and probably earn enough money anyway

Reactions: 8
Holly is in an ad for that Honey coupon app thing. What on earth does this girl buy in the first place to want coupons for? We never see her unboxing anything or showing us things she has bought? I know she's not a very materialistic person but if you're gonna do an ad for something at least make sure its in keeping with you as a person and your habits

Reactions: 5
I’ve noticed Holly will only seem to advertise square space etc on her channel and any other sort of partnership will be on her instagram or I’ll see all over Facebook.

Its interesting to see some of the Facebook comments on her Babbel advertisements.... they mainly say she’s the ‘I’m in me mums car’ girl, or that it’s a pointless ad because it doesn’t show her actually speaking any of the languages 🥴

*i think it’s babbel but I might be wrong!

Reactions: 1
Are you friends with her or does she have a different fb ? “Holly Gabrielle” is pretty inactive

I’m sorry but I’m still not over Holly only washing her hair ONCE every 2 WEEKS?!!? She does so much sweaty exercise, it must be gross! If she isn’t producing any natural oils then something isn’t right with her. Whether that’s a developmental thing due to her ‘previous’ eating disorder or it’s just the way she is, it’s not right 🤢

• Wow
Reactions: 4
I’m sorry but I’m still not over Holly only washing her hair ONCE every 2 WEEKS?!!? She does so much sweaty exercise, it must be gross! If she isn’t producing any natural oils then something isn’t right with her. Whether that’s a developmental thing due to her ‘previous’ eating disorder or it’s just the way she is, it’s not right 🤢
Maybe she has the same condition as Prince Andrew and doesn't sweat

• Haha
Reactions: 14
This is something I’ve seen lots of Youtubers do? It’s fine if you do not want to wash your hair everyday but at least give it a rinse? Especially after all the exercise 🤮

When I was severely underweight with anorexia I barely used to sweat and my hair just didn’t get greasy. It sounds weird but I think it’s because your body goes into survival mode and tries to conserve energy. Maybe that’s what’s going on with Holly, although every two WEEKS is a definite push- I still used to wash my hair three times a week anyway!

Reactions: 2
Her hair looks in such bad condition as well... if you blurred out her face, you would think you're looking at frail, elderly woman. Not a 22/23 year-old.

There is a woman I watch on YouTube called Elzani who is in recovery from anorexia and even her hair looks healthier than Holly's!

Reactions: 6
Her hair looks in such bad condition as well... if you blurred out her face, you would think you're looking at frail, elderly woman. Not a 22/23 year-old.

There is a woman I watch on YouTube called Elzani who is in recovery from anorexia and even her hair looks healthier than Holly's!
i love elzani! she seems so much better in the last few months too. i love her mum as well

Reactions: 3
Mmmmm.... recent video seriously suggests her family just do not want her to move out. I get some households get their children to pay rent, but they know Holly is trying to save for tuition fees and moving out.... why not allow her to put her money into her business or towards some of her goals?

The family just seem so thwarted, and the fact the kids pay rent just speaks so loudly as to why Emily hasn’t moved out at 25. THEY CANT! The housing market is expensive now yes, but it doesn’t help when your family is fleecing you of your money too, especially when they seem well off already (their house is worth over £1m). If your parents need the help in paying rent and you have an income then fine, but it seems like Holly’s being held hostage.

Reactions: 3
Mmmmm.... recent video seriously suggests her family just do not want her to move out. I get some households get their children to pay rent, but they know Holly is trying to save for tuition fees and moving out.... why not allow her to put her money into her business or towards some of her goals?

The family just seem so thwarted, and the fact the kids pay rent just speaks so loudly as to why Emily hasn’t moved out at 25. THEY CANT! The housing market is expensive now yes, but it doesn’t help when your family is fleecing you of your money too, especially when they seem well off already (their house is worth over £1m). If your parents need the help in paying rent and you have an income then fine, but it seems like Holly’s being held hostage.
I haven't seen the most recent video (having a bit of a break from her content) but I think parents charging some kind of rent/ board is fairly standard if your children are working. If I were still living at home (I'm 25 so around Emily's age?), I would definitely not feel comfortable living there without paying some kind of board or at the very least contributing to utilities. I'm still studying but work and earn enough to support myself. That said in my mind this rent/ board should be below the market rates. No clue what Holly is paying/ what the market rates are like where she lives though?

I think the problem with Holly in particular is that she wouldn't entertain living in a share house with a few people as that's how you'll get the cheapest rent. To me she'd be looking at studio/ one bedroom places which, at least to me in Aus, are way out of reach for most mid-20 year old budgets and incomes.

Reactions: 7
Summary of new video: she spends the whole time complaining about how hard it is for a young person to "get on the property ladder", while simultaneously revealing the fact that her and Emily have enough money for a deposit and had a house lined up to buy pre-COVID 🤦‍♀️ When people say it's hard to get on the property ladder these days, they're not on about 22 year olds with enough money to buy a house straight out of uni...!

She doesn't mention renting at all in the video, and doesn't seem to realise this is how most people first move out of home.

• Wow
Reactions: 10
Just watched her latest video... I can never get over how clinical and empty her house looks. Almost looks like it's just been burgled!

Screen Shot 2020-07-29 at 04.55.02.png

I find it hard to listen to Holly much these days with the fake Australian twang to her accent.

Last edited:
Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.