Holly Gabrielle

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I think it was very foolish of her to tell the world about her “new plan” to do the cancer course at UCL before it was confirmed. Now she’ll either have to address that she didn’t get accepted or that the course was over subscribed etc but if she kept it quiet wouldn’t have that

Reactions: 5
Ugh whenever Holly's mom shows up in her videos it just makes me so uncomfortable, I just get such bad vibes from the way she talks to Holly.. Like in Holly's most recent vid, Holly made some innocuous remark about her trainers looking kinda dirty and her mom replied with "Yeah, Holly doesn't look after her things very well" in such a mean tone of voice like? Just a super snarky, deprecating comment that came seemingly out of nowhere. And that's how she talks to her kid while a camera is on. Idk sometimes I just feel really bad for Holly when I think about her family dynamics.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 14
Like I said, I think there’s a lot that goes on behind the scenes and I just hope Holly is alright at the end of the day. She seems to be very good at putting on a show for everyone, but i do wonder how she really feels deep down.

Reactions: 9
I watched her new video today and you guys are right, their entire house is so empty! Emily doesn't even have a bedside table which feels weird to me for a proper house and not student accommodation. What do their family have against giving a home any personality?

Reactions: 8
Even before hollys parents changed her flooring and painted the walls the room was so void of personality.

young people typically have posters on the walls or they have artwork they like. They have actual belongings! The whole house is clinical

Reactions: 1
I watched latest vlog, the gremlin behaviour whilst trying to set up the Narna release was a bit cringe for someone of her age. She kept being told to shush by Emily.

Reactions: 4
I do feel bad for Holly, truly. But Christ, she needs to grow up and move out.
I really think she would benefit from talking therapy, but she’s adamant that she is doing just fine and gets all her support from her family when I feel like they are more than a little odd. It sucks for her that she has such little self awareness at 22.

Reactions: 7
I really think she would benefit from talking therapy, but she’s adamant that she is doing just fine and gets all her support from her family when I feel like they are more than a little odd. It sucks for her that she has such little self awareness at 22.
CBT in particular - I think she'd like the structure of it.

Reactions: 2
Yeah, this!! It honestly strikes me as weird how little self-awareness Holly has (at least judging by her videos, that is). For example when she was talking about how she kept running on her injured/hurting foot she was like "I really don't know why I did that haha I guess that's just a typical thing all runners do haha" - rather than like, do some introspection into why she has these impulses to do things that hurt/harm herself.

Or when she was saying she has been like this (i.e. super productive and "go go go", as she calls it) "from the womb". I forgot what video that was in, but she basically claimed that her obsession with being productive and working a lot was innate, that she has just always been this way, since she was a baby. And I was just watching this thinking like "damn, it really doesn't occur to her that her family and other influences growing up have shaped her??" It was honestly such a weird moment. But maybe her lifestyle really doesn't leave her any time for reflecting on herself and growing in that way, idk.

• Sad
Reactions: 13
I can't believe anyone would buy her merch it's nothing creative at all, and that colour..

Reactions: 1
I can't believe anyone would buy her merch it's nothing creative at all, and that colour..
i understand their brand is very minimalistic, and they are going for something plain and simple, but they just released more clothes with just the narna logo on
i was expecting something more....different? original?

I feel like the stuff is okay. But then the colour combos they do are just off for me. The only one I would ever consider buying is the black t-shirt. OR if they did the yellow with it just saying Narna (don't want people questioning why I have misspelled banana on a top). I thought with her keeping the grey hoodie a secret it would be a lot more exciting but it's actually the most borning of the bunch

Reactions: 3
I don't think Youtubers/Influencers who bring out "sustainable merch" seem to realise that promoting their audience to buy extra clothing actually goes against being sustainable, even if it's sustainably sourced. It's not like her hoodies and t-shirts are necessities that people don't have already, they are definitely "added extras" that her audience is only prompted to buy because it's from Holly. It is more sustainable to not keep producing more merch and just let your audience live with what they have or shop through thrifting (which you could get way more for the price of one of her items). It you have something spectacular to add to the fashion market sure, but these are literally plain coloured clothes.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
£20 for a cap with a virtually invisible logo on it?! Not a vibe.

• Haha
Reactions: 5
I feel like the stuff is okay. But then the colour combos they do are just off for me. The only one I would ever consider buying is the black t-shirt. OR if they did the yellow with it just saying Narna (don't want people questioning why I have misspelled banana on a top). I thought with her keeping the grey hoodie a secret it would be a lot more exciting but it's actually the most borning of the bunch
I never understood the narna thing

I'm so curious about the MA application now. She normally chases things up fairly diligently but she hasn't mentioned it once since her 'big announcement' about her change of heart or whatever. I'm waiting to hear back from a very late application myself but the course is still accepting people for its 2020 intake, whereas hers is full I think? What will she do if she doesn't get it? I can see her potentially being offered something else by UCL and just doing it for the sake of the studytube. Did she turn down her offer from Wageningen?

Reactions: 3
I'm so curious about the MA application now. She normally chases things up fairly diligently but she hasn't mentioned it once since her 'big announcement' about her change of heart or whatever. I'm waiting to hear back from a very late application myself but the course is still accepting people for its 2020 intake, whereas hers is full I think? What will she do if she doesn't get it? I can see her potentially being offered something else by UCL and just doing it for the sake of the studytube. Did she turn down her offer from Wageningen?
I assume it means a rejection from UCL?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.