Holly Gabrielle

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
it really shocks me she got into oxford with so little to say about herself, shes obv clever and hard working but do they not ask non specifically academic questions at interview? even most work interviews I've been to they ask about reading habits/ hobbies etc.
Nope extra curricular activities aren’t really relevant for oxbridge interviews

• Wow
Reactions: 4
I don’t know how you can get to 23 years old (I think?) and not have had any platonic relationships with a man..
At school, dance, church, university, in her halls. Surely there would’ve been guys around her so she must’ve made an effort to never talk to any of them

Reactions: 2
I think she was making an effort to never talk to men - in her vlogs, she never really spoke to anyone when coming to the lectures, she never invited anyone to study with her, she was pretty much always by herself in the kitchen or going groceries, her dance group was all women I think.

On top of that, she never really went anywhere and I don't mean parties but not grabbing a snack / quick lunch with her study group or a flatmate during her time at uni, not going to any extra-curriculum lectures together or trips seems quite an achievement I must say. You may say that maybe she just did not film those moments but let's face it - we're talking about a 20sth woman who made a 20 min video about her having chit chats with men on a trip.

Reactions: 1
I would be really interested to hear from anyone who has been tutored by her, and what that whole experience was like.

Reactions: 5
Do they not do group work at Cambridge, when i was at Uni (Health Science related degree) i would say at least 1/5 of work each year came from group projects, presentations etc and more often then not groups were set by lecturers so mixed

Do they not do group work at Cambridge, when i was at Uni (Health Science related degree) i would say at least 1/5 of work each year came from group projects, presentations etc and more often then not groups were set by lecturers so mixed
Not at Cambridge. Lab work was done in pairs typically in the first 2 years, depending on the module, that's about as close as you got to group work. In later years, some subjects did set presentations to do in pairs, but again, it varies by module. But there were multiple weekly supervisions where you definitley got to know other people closley or ask your supo partners for help.....

• Wow
Holly definitely is the typ of person who sits in the library for hours rather than ask someone for help.

Reactions: 4
Not at Cambridge. Lab work was done in pairs typically in the first 2 years, depending on the module, that's about as close as you got to group work. In later years, some subjects did set presentations to do in pairs, but again, it varies by module. But there were multiple weekly supervisions where you definitley got to know other people closley or ask your supo partners for help.....
I always assumed she says she hates lab work because of the group/other people aspect?

Didn’t think there could be 43 pages of gossip for someone who has literally zero interests 😭
Hahaha! I’m so happy I found tattle, me and my best friend have been (incredulously) watching studytube for years and suddenly I find a hive of people who find it as weird and gossip worthy as I do 😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 3
In her latest video she talked about her plan B if she doesn't get accepted into UCL. To be honest I felt like she was bullshitting and just repeating what we have been saying. How do you start off by saying how important having a plan B is and then say you basically don't have one. That entire part has convinced me that she reads this forum. I feel like she almost expected to get into UCL and recently she realized she shouldn't have put all her eggs in one basket and now she is scrambling for a backup plan.

Reactions: 7
IN SUMMARY:
-she is going to take a step back from tutoring if she gets into a master's course.
-She's going to consider studying abroad if UCL reject her, otherwise take whatever she can get.
-She'd like to go into cancer research/oncology, but will change her mind if that doesn't work out.

I've saved you 10 mins.

• Haha
Reactions: 14
IN SUMMARY:
-she is going to take a step back from tutoring if she gets into a master's course.
-She's going to consider studying abroad if UCL reject her, otherwise take whatever she can get.
-She'd like to go into cancer research/oncology, but will change her mind if that doesn't work out.

I've saved you 10 mins.
Not all heroes wear capes. 🦸‍♀️

Nothing like leaving everything until the last minute, and having no back-up plans. A great role model for young people alright!

Re: her last video - anyone else noticed that she went for a 30 min run, not a drop of sweat when she came back and she stayed in the same bra / t-shirt for some time?

If'm beginning to wonder if there's sth wrong with me as after a 30 min run, I'm at least a bit sweaty and there is no way I would not at least use a towel to clean myself and then change clothes.

• Sick
Reactions: 3
Not all heroes wear capes. 🦸‍♀️

Nothing like leaving everything until the last minute, and having no back-up plans. A great role model for young people alright!
Thank you, thank you.

Really annoys me how she never considers the possibility that things won't work out. Fair enough - be positive and optimistic. But I think she's kinda arrogant to think that if she applies last minute for really competitive courses like oncology she should get in.

She's clever and she's done really well with YT, but I don't understand why she's surprised when she's rejected or not automatically the university's first choice.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.