Holly Gabrielle

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Jobs in orchestras, especially if you’re well known, often pay well. My family is in the same business as Holly’s dad (and know him through work), and they get a pretty decent income from orchestra work alongside film sessions. Hollys dad also runs his own company I think too (teaching) so he’s probs the main breadwinner!

also bare in mind the house which is now worth £1m probably wasn’t worth that 20+ years ago.... they go up in price a lot!
I'm intrigued as to what instrument Holly's Dad plays... Can you share?

Reactions: 1
she’s been like that for as long as I’ve watched her (a few years). She very rarely showers after exercise and washes her hair like once a month. Never really understood it
I wonder if it's because it is non productive time, like having to be alone with your thoughts? Ruby Granger another study tuber regularly vlogs herself reading a book for 2 mins while brushing her teeth...like she has to regulate every minute of the day with productivity. If I brushed my teeth whilst reading a book (an actual paper book not audio) there would be water and paste all over the book! I can imagine Holly avoiding the showers because of similar logic.

• Sad
Reactions: 7
She doesn't wash her hair that often because of the "no poo" (no shampoo) movement, which is supposed to be more "natural"...

• Haha
Reactions: 1
I just think her body doesn’t function as it should! Either something has been diagnosed and she doesn’t want to disclose (she did give us reason to believe that was the case on a reply to a comment on one of her videos) or she just doesn’t understand basic hygiene 🤢

Did anyone else pick up on one of hollys thoughts in her bullet journal about education?

she said something along the lines of ‘education is often thought of as a privileged ‘gift’, but it’s just ones way of discovering themselves and the world’.....

WHAT? You’re telling me this girl doesn’t think her education was a privilege?? That her spending 3 years at Cambridge in some of the nicest rooms available in Queens wasn’t a privilege? The fact that she was able to discover part of who she was through university rather than anything else???

it angers and astounds me that this girl at the age of 22 is trying to put down her privilege. Not only in the education sector but also on everything she’s said on BLM. She’s the least down to earth person I’ve encountered. She comes across as down to earth initially but once you actually get into her head it’s ludicrous. She’s still a child.

Last edited:
Reactions: 15
Every moment from her very first day in Nursery to her applications now were and are 100% privileged! If she really doesn’t see that then wow ...

Reactions: 5
Wow she has a lot of Amazon affiliate links under her latest video.

• Wow
Reactions: 2
I watched her sporadically through her Cambridge years and never caught up woth her hygiene habits. I can't believe she doesn't shower after working out that regularly, not even to just rinse off. That's just rank.

I liked watching the uni content but foundnit very odd that she did absolutely nothing outside coursework and dance. From ehat I remember, she barely left her room apart from going to a handful of dance socials. I thought she'd find herself a bit more on her solo trip but she seems to be exactly where she was. I wonder how she'll cope with a new environment.

Reactions: 3
I watched her sporadically through her Cambridge years and never caught up woth her hygiene habits. I can't believe she doesn't shower after working out that regularly, not even to just rinse off. That's just rank.

I liked watching the uni content but foundnit very odd that she did absolutely nothing outside coursework and dance. From ehat I remember, she barely left her room apart from going to a handful of dance socials. I thought she'd find herself a bit more on her solo trip but she seems to be exactly where she was. I wonder how she'll cope with a new environment.
I don’t know if this has been mentioned, but is she slightly autistic? My partner’s son is and a lot of her behaviours remind me of him

I don’t know if this has been mentioned, but is she slightly autistic? My partner’s son is and a lot of her behaviours remind me of him
She’s never mentioned it before but if she hasn’t been checked out then she should! Would clear up a lot of her behaviours!!

Reactions: 3
I don't know, wouldn't like to diagnose as it's not an area even near any of my expertise and I have no experience with someone on the spectrum myself. She just seemed very controlling about her environment and her diet. It seemed odd because she looked like she was getting along fine with her fellow dance club friends - they even went out together and she seemed to be having a good time. But seeing her never interacting with her flatmates/people from her staircase or her floor stuck out as strange. Eventually I had to stop watching because as much as I admire her study discipline, I would go mad if I sat through her eating microwaved bland veggies with a bowl of unseasoned grains and tahini one more time. I think she is very prejudiced and anxious towards change and has a bit of a superiority complex to go with it.

Did she get a confirmation for her masters degree? Maybe London will be better for her.

Reactions: 4
I don't know, wouldn't like to diagnose as it's not an area even near any of my expertise and I have no experience with someone on the spectrum myself. She just seemed very controlling about her environment and her diet. It seemed odd because she looked like she was getting along fine with her fellow dance club friends - they even went out together and she seemed to be having a good time. But seeing her never interacting with her flatmates/people from her staircase or her floor stuck out as strange. Eventually I had to stop watching because as much as I admire her study discipline, I would go mad if I sat through her eating microwaved bland veggies with a bowl of unseasoned grains and tahini one more time. I think she is very prejudiced and anxious towards change and has a bit of a superiority complex to go with it.

Did she get a confirmation for her masters degree? Maybe London will be better for her.
I would hope it would be... but if she didn’t grow at all during a solo trip through oz.... albeit I think getting away from her family would be hugely beneficial

I would hope it would be... but if she didn’t grow at all during a solo trip through oz.... albeit I think getting away from her family would be hugely beneficial
Unfortunately it's a very easy commute to London for her, and not all that expensive. I hope she decides to move to London but I honestly wouldn't count on it.

• Sad
Reactions: 4
Agreed. I think she’ll decide to live at home if she studies in London.
It’s probably cheaper to commute than to rent in London.

it’s a shame because she really thrives when she’s given space and independence. Although, could be a repeat of Cambridge where she locked herself in her room and didn’t do anything or talk to anyone

Her whole locking herself in her bedroom at Cambridge is so odd.
I really hope she does move out and get out from under her mums thumb, but I reckon it would just be a repeat of Cambridge.
Its such a shame because I thought she really came out of herself in Australia and behaved more like a grown up. Except for the dehydration thing, that was stupid. Think back to one of her first q&a’s and if I’m correct she sort of leant towards describing herself as asexual didn’t she? And now from she’s come home she’s said she could see herself with somebody. Australia was definitely a big learning curve for her

Being the same age as Holly I don’t think she grew or matured at all.
She still acts and thinks like the 2016 Holly.
Like many privileged influencers that don’t have to struggle for stuff like education or work their thought process stays unchallenged and however awesome some experiences may look (ex Australia) they are actually very sterile and “vanilla” .

Like, for the average student a trip to Australia would probably be an once in a lifetime experience and personally I would try to see everything , taste the local dishes etc

Last edited:
Okay so Holly’s last Instagram caption was just 🙄🙄

She starts by disclaiming that she’s not preaching by posting the caption she did. Ridiculous! Her username is VEGANhollyg, and she then goes on the textbook definition of a preachy rant about veganism. Just because you put a disclaimer there doesn’t mean it’s not preachy.

Then, she goes onto use the quote about the Oxen, and how people forget the Oxen eats grass. You simply cannot compare the human digestive system to that of multi-compartment stomached animals. It defeats the whole purpose of the quote. Yes, you can interpret the quote to mean something, but at its basic level, the quote makes no sense at all.

And finally, she addresses the whole ‘veganism is restrictive’ line by saying she tried a load of stuff while being vegan, therefore it’s not restrictive. I mean, come on??!?? In no way is Holly trying mushrooms a valid example of how her diet isn’t restrictive. Vegan diets don’t have to be restrictive, but hers is. She’s not adventurous with food, is in no way a foodie, and on top of being restrictive, her meals are so repetitive. She can’t give us that crap.

Attachments

She starts by disclaiming that she’s not preaching by posting the caption she did. Ridiculous! Her username is VEGANhollyg, and she then goes on the textbook definition of a preachy rant about veganism. Just because you put a disclaimer there doesn’t mean it’s not preachy.

Then, she goes onto use the quote about the Oxen, and how people forget the Oxen eats grass. You simply cannot compare the human digestive system to that of multi-compartment stomached animals. It defeats the whole purpose of the quote. Yes, you can interpret the quote to mean something, but at its basic level, the quote makes no sense at all.

And finally, she addresses the whole ‘veganism is restrictive’ line by saying she tried a load of stuff while being vegan, therefore it’s not restrictive. I mean, come on??!?? In no way is Holly trying mushrooms a valid example of how her diet isn’t restrictive. Vegan diets don’t have to be restrictive, but hers is. She’s not adventurous with food, is in no way a foodie, and on top of being restrictive, her meals are so repetitive. She can’t give us that crap.

Holly being out of touch with the people again. Veganism is cheap for you Holly because you still eat a restrictive diet, and are probably deficient in fats and protien. I'm not saying you can't eat a healthy vegan diet on a budget, but I wouldn't trust her evaluation of an affordable diet

Reactions: 7
Holly being out of touch with the people again. Veganism is cheap for you Holly because you still eat a restrictive diet, and are probably deficient in fats and protien. I'm not saying you can't eat a healthy vegan diet on a budget, but I wouldn't trust her evaluation of an affordable diet
And I imagine her parents pay for a lot of it too, and they're cooking vegan for most of the family. Veganism is a lot more prohibitive when you're cooking for one on a student's budget or similar.

I couldn’t even struggle through that mess so thanks for your summary! We all know if she was vegan or not her diet would be restrictive, it’d just be in a different way. She has some serious issues surrounding food that she needs to deal with

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.