Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Bellamerrell

VIP Member
Anyone watch. A Vegan Cambridge graduate who has major obsessive restrictive eating and exercise issues. Charges £43 per hour (3 extra for paypal payment which is technically against the law) and thinks if she doesnt spend 15 hours per day been productive her life is a mess. She is 22 but looks and acts 12 and i cannot fathom why people are openly paying to take her advice.

Her sister Emily also has a youtube channel Lemonem she is another bizarre case, she is 25+ yet posts the cringiest tik toks ever

• Heart
Reactions: 12
I disagree, I moved back home after uni and worked straight away and now saving to buy a house. I think renting is just pretty pointless and you’ll more likely never own a house if you rent so I understand where she’s coming from in that sense.
But don’t get me wrong, it would do her the world of good to move out, she needs a social life and her family dynamic seems extremely strange and she’s very babied
Check your privilege 😂 Renting is absolutely not “pointless”. Millions of people are doing it.

Not everyone is able to move back to their family home after uni (the room may not be available anymore) or there may be no job opportunities.
Renting also allows you to experience living in a new area without committing to it long term.

im renting now and still managed to save for a house deposit.

• Heart
Not sure how to directly reply yet haha, but your idea fwooper about her only wanting to eat the "purest" and "cleanest" form of the vegetable definitely has merit, given how it is also how her family eats and we know their views on taking medications etc. It could be definitely a form of perfectionism. Honestly her and her family's food reminds me of those jokes about how the British colonised the world for spices and then never used any.
I wonder if her weird food combos are also due to just growing up with such bland food and thus doesn't know what spices and flavours go together?

3calico3

VIP Member
In her mind, she probably thinks: ‘why should I get criticism? I’m being so productive, I went to Cambridge, i never waste my time with watching crap on TV, I have a YouTube Channel, a tutoring business, I’m a VeGan’. So, when she does get criticism, it breaks down her own version of herself (which is something she actually NEEDS so she can really reflect on herself and get some help!!).
That reminds me of something someone said on another forum: if attending Oxbridge is the most interesting thing about you, then you're doing something wrong.

That also applies to Jack Edwards - Oxbridge want people to grow from them to bigger and better things, not use their institution as a status symbol for years to come.

not fussed at all

It’s really weird! She’s obsessed with productivity but it’s so fruitless because she’s not having any fun or ya know, learning anything about herself, it’s just repetition repetition repetition. I’m a few years older than her and definitely lead a rather more hedonistic lifestyle (which isn’t hard I guess :p) but my twenties have been lots of ups and downs and learning curves. She seems to just REALLY want for that never to happen.
She just needs therapy man

• Heart

Johngail245

I’m low key happy for the studytube content to come
It will be the same routine. Her alone in her flat, eating boiled unseasoned veg. Doing 3 seconds of stretches on a yoga mat. Spending 800990 hours sending one email. ‘Studying’ for 14 hours when she could have finished her notes in 4 hours. But no, she has to drag it out for productivity

• Haha
  • Heart

CalatheaLater

Chatty Member
Oh man I don't know how everyone else feels but I am so bored by her content atm. Two videos in as many days about getting up early and labelling it as productive (I haven't actually watched them). Hun, you are awake for the same hours of the day if you sleep between 9pm-5am or midnight-8am, getting up early does not mean you are productive.

• Heart

KawaiiSloth

Chatty Member
I think she is scared of getting a 'real' job as it will mean going far out of her comfort zone and having to interact with people daily, so she's trying to do everything in her power to avoid that (i.e. tutoring from her bedroom, dragging out the Narna clothing brand that reached it's peak in 2017, staying in education for as long as possible even though her study plans are not in line with her career plans, continuing to film productivity vlogs to try and fill this void in her that a normal job would actually fill!).

Reactions: 11

fwooper

VIP Member
I'm reading her replies to the comments on that video and... yikes. In one of her replies she says "Oil is not a health food!!!", which I think says it all. The person she replied to never said oil was a health food, just that a diet that includes oil in moderation is perfectly healthy - which is true and backed by every major nutrition foundation. It's worrying that she seems to have the mentality that any food which isn't a "health food" (whatever that means) shouldn't be a part of your diet. I feel like she needs to watch the YouTube channel Pasta Grannies - it's full of sprightly 90+ year old grandmas pouring glugs of olive oil into all of their cooking, it's great haha.

It's also surprising given her education that all her sources for why oil is unhealthy are cherrypicked from nutritionfacts.org and other vegan YouTube videos (I say this as a vegan!!). She knows that kind of cherrypicked research would be unacceptable for the many academic essays she will have written during her degree, so why doesn't she apply the same scientific approach to the information she distributes to her followers? Would've been interesting to see her do a Nutrition masters though. The courses certainly would not have affirmed any of her weird oil-free/salt-free/joy-free diet beliefs; so would she just have rejected that information and doubled down, or could it have forced her to reconsider her views?

Last edited:

kingdomhearts

Does anyone else cringe when she’ll just start eating lettuce or something else on its own and she’s moaning and rolling her eyes into the back of her head like it’s THAT GOOD? It’s lettuce.

• Haha

not fussed at all

yeh exactly, my parents basically forced me into therapy when I was younger because I was a total mess, I don't recall ever really seeing her parents in videos but (and this sounds quite harsh) from the impression I have of how Holly is I get the impression they are quite strange tbh...
They'd probably consider themselves 'traditional', but the worst thing for me was when Emily said she "doesn't believe in birth control". Sorry, but there's nothing to "believe" in. It exists, it's reasonably effective - it's not really open for interpretation.

They are reallllllllly weird.

• Wow

schmetterling

Of course Holly is only wearing Jewellery and looking ‘put together’ because it’s a sponsorship/partnership 😭😭 Ffs will this girl ever realise that dressing slouchy and comfy isn’t a personality trait 😫
She’s the final boss battle when you complete r/notliketheothergirls

• Haha

not fussed at all

I think cancer actually makes more sense than nutrition. She was always good at the sort of subjects you'd need to study cancer, but I genuinely couldn't trust any nutritional advice she would provide (she evidently hasn't recovered from her ED and the sort of advice she pushes, I really don't agree with). But I hope she feels more settled.

CalatheaLater

Chatty Member
Just saw somebody on twitter offering free tuition to low income folk who are doing autumn exams due to the A level results mess. It would be great to see Holly do something like that but I doubt she will, becuase her tuition is clearly aimed towards high achievers with money to spend (and who probably won the system this year with regards to A level results)

hpprotego

Chatty Member
It is an eating disorder thing though, isn't it?
Holly falls under a lot of the symptoms for an eating disorder in general to be honest.

1. Furry arms
2. Obsessing over food (vegan vegan vegan vegan)
3. Eating the same thing every day (barely varying)
4. Exercise.... every. Single. Day. Even when injured.
5. She clearly doesn’t get her period.
6. Pale skin, can’t tan easily.
7. Thin and scraggly hair
8. Only seems to eat when others aren’t around/at unusual times (unless it’s a special occasion).
9. Her personality revolves around her food (once again, obsession)
10. She is still very skinny. Less so than before, but still very very small.

so yeah. maybe not a full blown eating disorder but she has a bad relationship with meals and her self image overall.

• Wow

whatshesaid123

Chatty Member
I wonder whether she actually wants to do an MA or she just doesn't know what else to do with herself... She's flip-flopped so much
I think she’s not passionate enough about the subject, she seems to care more about productivity and the act of studying rather than the content. I’m in my second year at uni and know what I want to do for a masters. Not that you have to know straight away but I think holly isn’t really in love with the subject enough to take it further at MA level

• Heart