Holly Gabrielle

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Anyone notice on her instagram story how the photo of her and Emily in France shows just how fury Hollys arms are? Now I’m not saying this to say she needs to shave or anything, but more to point out that that’s a clear sign of malnourishment. Your body grows literal fur to try and keep you warm.
Lanugo it's called - very common among people with eating disorders! Not saying she has one, but yeah, spot on :(

• Wow
Reactions: 6
Holly defo used to be a very good dancer- but she also used to have a severe eating disorder alongside it which is what gave her that ‘dancers body’. I’m glad she didn’t continue with it, it’s good for her mental health for sure. But it’s definitely taken its toll and I think there’s a lot of emotional baggage she needs to unload from that part of her life.

Reactions: 3
It's really nitpicking but I even noticed in her London vlog that when she ate at the food truck at Boxpark she went for just the veg and rice when there were 3 different options that had tofu and veg for only an extra £1. What's the betting she just went for the veg because it's less calories.

Reactions: 8
It's really nitpicking but I even noticed in her London vlog that when she ate at the food truck at Boxpark she went for just the veg and rice when there were 3 different options that had tofu and veg for only an extra £1. What's the betting she just went for the veg because it's less calories.
100% She obviously avoids any "processed" food even if it's vegan. Even though tofu has been around for thousands of years it probably doesn't fall into her whole foods diet (which is conveniently low calorie)

Also hope she doesn't live in that overpriced student accomodation if she lives in London; the noise from the wind was terrible and from the sounds of it it was boiling hot (I worked in a similar student accomodation and we ALWAYS had complaints about how hot the building was because it was so densely built. Imagine it is the same with all student accomodation blocks).

Reactions: 2
That is one sorry looking shopping basket...

Screen Shot 2020-08-29 at 03.40.23.png

Also, I'm finding her editing style a bit OTT now - the stupid effects - are they meant to be funny? Because they just make me cringe. It feels like she's regressing rather than maturing and growing up.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2
There’s definitely a lack of calories here. Sad to see, she keeps explaining away her diet.

• Sad
That is one sorry looking shopping basket...

View attachment 226412

Also, I'm finding her editing style a bit OTT now - the stupid effects - are they meant to be funny? Because they just make me cringe. It feels like she's regressing rather than maturing and growing up.
I find her background music really annoying. I don't know where it's from- a Nintendo game maybe? But influencers use that particular music to try and mock themselves or appear funny if they're doing something silly. But Holly just uses it over a clip of her doing a workout in her bedroom. Or when she's struggling to chop up fruit or vegetables properly... how very quirky of her!

• Haha
Her vlogs are becoming annoyingly over-edited ..
anybody wanna comment on the sunglasses ?

I think on average there were 2 edits/second

Reactions: 1
Has anyone seen PaigeY's new video? She did astrophysics at Cambridge and will be starting an actuarial grad role soon. She spoke about the fact that just having Cambridge on your CV isn't enough, you need to network, put yourself forward for opportunities and just generally be more than a degree etc etc. She also (to me) made a really smart choice about going into work rather than continuing on with her education. The comparison to Holly is quite profound and I feel like she could stand to learn a lot from Paige's attitude.

Reactions: 17
Paige is great. I saw some people criticising her for not pursuing her passion for astrophysics but imo she made a sound choice by taking a good job offer which came straight out of uni. Holly obviously doesn't have to copy this path but she comes off as clueless and juvenile half the time. I hope she gets the help she clearly needs. Nobody can help a person who is in denial.

Reactions: 10
Agree about Paige. She explained that although astrophysics is her passion, it’s such a competitive industry and so she’s decided to be realistic.

holly on the other hand, has no real career interests and is just trying to study and be “productive”as long as possible

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 10
Agree about Paige. She explained that although astrophysics is her passion, it’s such a competitive industry and so she’s decided to be realistic.

holly on the other hand, has no real career interests and is just trying to study and be “productive”as long as possible
Exactly, and Paige can always study more astrophysics for fun or even go back in a few years to do a masters. Right now, she's definitely making a sound choice with the job. Experience on a CV is everything these days.

Reactions: 9
Does Holly actually want to do cancer research? She's more than entitled to change her mind at her age, but we've been from medicine to teaching, nutrition to cancer research - just seems like she's settling on something because it's expected that she goes back to university and then when it comes to it, it's just not what she wants so she does something else.

Reactions: 7
I think Holly would do well in some kind of science communication role. Yes, you still have to be good at networking. But this is something she could work on with experience.

I think Holly would do well in some kind of science communication role. Yes, you still have to be good at networking. But this is something she could work on with experience.
And we have some really good PG programmes in science communications in the UK; Imperial, Manchester, Edinburgh, Bristol - to name a few! I think she'd actually be really good at networking. We live in an age where you can get so many good opportunities with a good LinkedIn profile and taking a chance by reaching out to people. She would need to stop attempting to WAP, however...

I'd actually thought medical education, but depending on the path she went down there may still be the initial issue of patient contact. I think she'd have a terrible bedside manner, but she's definitely clever enough and probably a good teacher of the material.

Nah, has she ever made a video on her channel about biology or science or anything of the type? Even when she did a video for the study tube project, I believe it was about veganism rather than her subject. Think of how many people she could help by making a video explaining a tricky a level biology topic, so many more than she helped by tutoring. I think she even mentioned once that she wanted to go into science communication but I don’t see any evidence for passion for it in her channel

Reactions: 4
Nah, has she ever made a video on her channel about biology or science or anything of the type? Even when she did a video for the study tube project, I believe it was about veganism rather than her subject. Think of how many people she could help by making a video explaining a tricky a level biology topic, so many more than she helped by tutoring. I think she even mentioned once that she wanted to go into science communication but I don’t see any evidence for passion for it in her channel
I’ve always found that odd to? Like she’s spoke about liking tutoring because of giving back (?) liking helping (?) wanting it to be accessible, but hasn’t even made 5 min videos on a level biology or something?
people would still go to her if they wanted a tutor, it’s a different requirement to just needed a recap for an exam

Reactions: 5
Totally agree with this. From experience, SciComm is something people tend to be passionate about from late undergrad years onwards, and Sally Le Page and Simon Clark are good examples of this, they posted high quality videos about Science throughout their PhDs. Holly doesn't show the passion. I think she just needs a normal job that will keep her busy and productive. I think becuase her parents don't have "conventional" office jobs (and I doubt she went to job fairs at uni) she hasn't seen other opportunities for herself.

Reactions: 5
I really just think Holly is doing her masters to continue her current routine.

Like she says, she doesn’t like change and doesn’t cope with it well, so at least if she goes back to university for a year she can hold off on any major changes to her routine.

The main issue with this (as everyone has been saying) is that she just doesn’t show any passion for the subjects she’s mentioned! Rather than being excited by what she’ll be learning, she seems more excited to continue with her routine. It’s still all about control for her!

A3F6B2DC-1F2F-4941-9B31-AE166560DCB7.jpeg

Also, ‘my 3 days in London were enough for me for now’...... IF SHE GETS IN SHE’LL BE LIVING THERE??!??? Sorry but if she feels like she’s still super content at home for the moment then why is she even bothering with a masters in London anyway? Everything she says is contradictory!!!

Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.