Holly Gabrielle

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It’s really weird! She’s obsessed with productivity but it’s so fruitless because she’s not having any fun or ya know, learning anything about herself, it’s just repetition repetition repetition. I’m a few years older than her and definitely lead a rather more hedonistic lifestyle (which isn’t hard I guess :p) but my twenties have been lots of ups and downs and learning curves. She seems to just REALLY want for that never to happen.
She just needs therapy man

• Heart
Reactions: 12
I cannot believe she didn't have it for her eating disorder, which explains why she hasn't really recovered
I also can't believe her family didn't force it. Doesn't matter if it's not for you, therapy isn't meant to be fun. And not that you ever really recover from an ED, but there's got to be a healthier alternative than the way she eats and behaves currently.

Reactions: 3
I also can't believe her family didn't force it. Doesn't matter if it's not for you, therapy isn't meant to be fun. And not that you ever really recover from an ED, but there's got to be a healthier alternative than the way she eats and behaves currently.
yeh exactly, my parents basically forced me into therapy when I was younger because I was a total mess, I don't recall ever really seeing her parents in videos but (and this sounds quite harsh) from the impression I have of how Holly is I get the impression they are quite strange tbh...

yeh exactly, my parents basically forced me into therapy when I was younger because I was a total mess, I don't recall ever really seeing her parents in videos but (and this sounds quite harsh) from the impression I have of how Holly is I get the impression they are quite strange tbh...
They'd probably consider themselves 'traditional', but the worst thing for me was when Emily said she "doesn't believe in birth control". Sorry, but there's nothing to "believe" in. It exists, it's reasonably effective - it's not really open for interpretation.

They are reallllllllly weird.

• Wow
Reactions: 11
They'd probably consider themselves 'traditional', but the worst thing for me was when Emily said she "doesn't believe in birth control". Sorry, but there's nothing to "believe" in. It exists, it's reasonably effective - it's not really open for interpretation.

She also had that very irritating video where she said (paraphrasing because I can't be arsed to find it) something like 'depression is a choice'

• Sick
  • Angry
Reactions: 7

This sounds like they're anti vaxxers... I have legitimately never heard anyone say that about birth control... don't agree with maybe (also ridiculous) but not to believe in.... if Holly shares these views how the hell could she study something medical?!

This sounds like they're anti vaxxers... I have legitimately never heard anyone say that about birth control... don't agree with maybe (also ridiculous) but not to believe in.... if Holly shares these views how the hell could she study something medical?!
I mean she's said that she doesn't believe humans were designed to eat meat, despite the fact we have canine teeth... I don't think she can reason past her own biases and weird upbringing.

• Wow
Reactions: 4
They dont believe in antibiotics either do they. Emily was against Isotretinoin for ages, but now she is finally on it so maybe she is changing her ways.

• Wow
Sorry but how could Holly possibly want to be a doctor with such stupid views? Imagine going to your GP and them going "you do have an infection, but you know what, eat some garlic instead" like piss off man. For a pair with Cambridge degrees, pretty bloody thick if you ask me - which you didn't, but Jesus Christ that's ridiculous

• Heart
Reactions: 19
Sorry but how could Holly possibly want to be a doctor with such stupid views? Imagine going to your GP and them going "you do have an infection, but you know what, eat some garlic instead" like piss off man. For a pair with Cambridge degrees, pretty bloody thick if you ask me - which you didn't, but Jesus Christ that's ridiculous
exactly, the more i learn about her and her family odd believes the more i understand why she got rejected from medicine at cambridge

That's the thing about Cambridge though-you do get a lot of incredibly smart people there, but a lot of them are purely book smart and have no common sense or intelligence about life beyond academia.

Reactions: 6
I mean she's said that she doesn't believe humans were designed to eat meat, despite the fact we have canine teeth... I don't think she can reason past her own biases and weird upbringing.
And this is exactly why it is for the best she didn’t get into medicine school. Can you imagine a teenage girl going to her as a GP worried about birth control or struggling with an ED... Holly wouldn’t be able to give the correct advice to the patient; it would be a biased response. Fancy a GP saying they don’t believe in birth control?! Or not recommending therapy for struggling with an ED? A friend of a friend is a religious GP for example, but their religious bias stays at home, when they act as GP they act in the interests of the patient. I may sound harsh here but I can imagine Holly telling patients that they need to go vegan.

Okay so this video from 3 years back popped up into my recommendations on YT. And oh my god...

look at the comments underneath! People are genuinely concerned about the fact Holly just doesn’t (and still doesn’t) cook with oil because it’s not a ‘health food’. If that isn’t the textbook definition of how not to recover from an eating disorder then I don’t know what is.

she also responds extremely defensively to the comments. If that’s how she responds to people when they question her on her actions/beliefs, or if someone else’s beliefs don’t align with hers, then no wonder she didn’t get into medicine!

She hasn’t changed her meal repertoire since around her second year of uni. It’s always been smoothies, smoothie BOWLS, and boiled veg with some beans & maybe a nut butter. She barely snacks- and if she does it’s on something like a plum. She barely even makes that ‘nice-cream’ (blended frozen bananas) anymore, although maybe that’s for the best because too many bananas can wreak havoc on your bowel movements 😫

• Wow

Okay so this video from 3 years back popped up into my recommendations on YT. And oh my god...

look at the comments underneath! People are genuinely concerned about the fact Holly just doesn’t (and still doesn’t) cook with oil because it’s not a ‘health food’. If that isn’t the textbook definition of how not to recover from an eating disorder then I don’t know what is.

she also responds extremely defensively to the comments. If that’s how she responds to people when they question her on her actions/beliefs, or if someone else’s beliefs don’t align with hers, then no wonder she didn’t get into medicine!

She hasn’t changed her meal repertoire since around her second year of uni. It’s always been smoothies, smoothie BOWLS, and boiled veg with some beans & maybe a nut butter. She barely snacks- and if she does it’s on something like a plum. She barely even makes that ‘nice-cream’ (blended frozen bananas) anymore, although maybe that’s for the best because too many bananas can wreak havoc on your bowel movements 😫
restricting is literally the definition of an eating disorder... "internal body organs" as opposed to the external organs we have? she doesn't come across as remotely intelligent in this

Reactions: 4
How did she not fail Biochemistry ???
God i only got half way through that video, even what she says in it is contradictory. fat is necessary so she eats nuts, but then she criticises olive oil as it is a fat... i cannot believe she got into cambridge and did a science degree no less!

I’m part of the studygram community and let me tell you i have seen several premed/bio students end up in a naturopath “school” after a medschool rejection. Most of them are also vegans and religious.
Holly reminds me so much of these brainwashed people, she just checks boxes at this point.

Gee in that vid Shen sounds like a Holistic “doctor” in the making

Apparently fat-soluble vitamins are not a thing for holly 🤷🏻‍♀️

“ I find information for myself, I don’t just go to a blog post and look for anecdotal ‘research’ I will look at studies if need be or I will read review from scientists ..”

Proceeds to cite YouTube videos and a blog

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Angry
i come from a mediterranean country and we cook a lot white virgin olive oil, so when i saw this video (the one at the bottom of this post), in which she cooked a vegan burger in an oven i was APPALLED. i mean why? how?? she needs fats in her body, i don't mean she has to spread butter all over her foods but a bit of oil from time to time wouldn't hurt at all! and the comments...oh my...don't get me started. first of all, why does she expose her life on the internet but then is incapable of accepting any polite criticisms? i cannot understand how stubborn she is.

Reactions: 2
i come from a mediterranean country and we cook a lot white virgin olive oil, so when i saw this video (the one at the bottom of this post), in which she cooked a vegan burger in an oven i was APPALLED. i mean why? how?? she needs fats in her body, i don't mean she has to spread butter all over her foods but a bit of oil from time to time wouldn't hurt at all! and the comments...oh my...don't get me started. first of all, why does she expose her life on the internet but then is incapable of accepting any polite criticisms? i cannot understand how stubborn she is.

her food must be sooooo bland, she doesn't seem to season anything either

Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.