Holly Gabrielle

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
That's not enough for someone who's sedentary, let alone someone as active as she is. Can she not see how ridiculous it is? And as someone who's had an ED (though arguably still does), you'd have thought Holly would be more mindful about triggering people and want to set a good example.
I don’t think she realises anything actually. I think she’s become very good at convincing herself that what she does is okay and normal, or her whole world would come crashing down. It’s sad to see because I’m sure Holly is really lovely. Her habits are just awful though and she shouldn’t be giving out advice. I wish she could see that.

SHE ALSO NEEDS TO LEARN HOW TO GODDAMN PROCESS HER EMOTIONS!

Last edited:
Reactions: 6
Good luck to her finding an open dance studio in London; I've been taking my ballet classes on Zoom for months now lol.

Reactions: 6
The tight bun has ruined her hair, there def is some thinning in the front. She should check what happened to Jojo Siwa’s hairline, having had a tight ponytail for some years now.

Reactions: 2
The tight bun has ruined her hair, there def is some thinning in the front. She should check what happened to Jojo Siwa’s hairline, having had a tight ponytail for some years now.
That whole thing with Jojo though is completely different to Holly.

Holly’s hair is thin and straggly because of her malnourishment and eating disorder. Her hair gets continually worse because she’s still under feeding herself for the amount she does.

There’s a distinct difference between having your hair up as part of your public ‘look’ like Jojo (she obviously doesn’t have it up all the time) vs. Holly who is underfed, and as a result her hairstyles have a more profound effect on her hair.

Reactions: 1
That whole thing with Jojo though is completely different to Holly.

Holly’s hair is thin and straggly because of her malnourishment and eating disorder. Her hair gets continually worse because she’s still under feeding herself for the amount she does.

There’s a distinct difference between having your hair up as part of your public ‘look’ like Jojo (she obviously doesn’t have it up all the time) vs. Holly who is underfed, and as a result her hairstyles have a more profound effect on her hair.
Sure, but still tight buns damage hair roots. Her ED history and bad relationship with food further contribute to this phenomenon.
She had her waist long hair in a tight bun throughout her Cambridge years. Can you imagine the constant weight on her head?
Tension alopecia is a thing. Her front hair roots may stay dormant even if she starts eating properly.

Reactions: 5
Sure, but still tight buns damage hair roots. Her ED history and bad relationship with food further contribute to this phenomenon.
She had her waist long hair in a tight bun throughout her Cambridge years. Can you imagine the constant weight on her head?
Tension alopecia is a thing. Her front hair roots may stay dormant even if she starts eating properly.
Holly wears her buns reaaally tight no way that can be good for her roots 😬 Also wish she'd stop shilling function of beauty and invest in some decent hair care products. I've seen a few reviews recently talking about how function of beauty lead to more hair loss than usual. I'm surprised her sister uses it as she's really into her skincare

Reactions: 4
the fact that Holly said on her recent video that on her down/low days she won’t want to be around her family or talk to anyone seems so sad to me. If anything, she should really try and talk about it. I get talking to family can be tricky but at the end of the day it needs to be done. She really doesn’t seem to know how to just talk and process, and fully be comfortable with herself. It’s sad to watch.

• Sad
Reactions: 8
the fact that Holly said on her recent video that on her down/low days she won’t want to be around her family or talk to anyone seems so sad to me. If anything, she should really try and talk about it. I get talking to family can be tricky but at the end of the day it needs to be done. She really doesn’t seem to know how to just talk and process, and fully be comfortable with herself. It’s sad to watch.
Exactly, or she could try writing down her feelings into a diary/journal if she doesn't feel ready to talk about it. She seems to enjoy bullet journalling, but only for productivity reasons. It can be really useful to track emotions/mental health as well.

idk, i also get the impression that maybe that isn't the norm in her family. they don't seem like the type to talk about really personal/intimate feelings. even though i actually really enjoyed the q&a she did with her mum, i was kinda surprised by their awkward body language whenever more personal questions came up. they answered those as quickly as they could lol and holly seemed very uncomfortable when her mum talked about her love life in her youth. maybe i'm weird like that but i love hearing my parents stories. :LOL:

Reactions: 3
Her latest vid:
  • lot of moaning about her foot injury and her justifying still exercising through it
  • no mention of the MA application
  • sad food (a smoothie, lunch at 4:30 pm, a sliver of cake)
  • why is her fridge so empty all the time?
  • the usual 'uber-productivity' dross

• Sad
Reactions: 8
What’s her plan if she doesn’t get on this latest course? The Cancer research has one, wasn’t it? Was it just the one in London she applied for (since deciding nutrition wasn’t the one for her)??

Her latest vid:
  • lot of moaning about her foot injury and her justifying still exercising through it
  • no mention of the MA application
  • sad food (a smoothie, lunch at 4:30 pm, a sliver of cake)
  • why is her fridge so empty all the time?
  • the usual 'uber-productivity' dross
Screenshot (11).png

"Balanced vegan diet". I can't ever get over how depressing her fridge is

• Wow
Reactions: 11
Especially given that fridge is for the whole family. Why is there not any food in it?
So where do we think the main problem is? Was this a day someone was due to go shopping or do her parents just not eat that sort of stuff? Or are the girls expected to get their own food? It’s opened many questions

Reactions: 3
So where do we think the main problem is? Was this a day someone was due to go shopping or do her parents just not eat that sort of stuff? Or are the girls expected to get their own food? It’s opened many questions
She's shown similar shots of her fridge over and over, and they all look this depressing. The women in the family eat vegan, and the top two fridge shelves are sparsely populaed with vegetables (shown later on in this vlog). I'm assuming they keep some vegetables out of the fridge and eat canned beans and rice/pasta/oats, and of course some frozen stuff. But there's what, two meat pasties and some yogurts in the fridge for the men who are not vegan?

There's never any cheese/eggs/meat/pickles/jams/condiments (or vegan counterparts/repacements). I think it shows how basic their whole family must've eaten before and after veganism. I doubt their parents were cooking full nutritious meals when they were kids.

Reactions: 9
Especially given that fridge is for the whole family. Why is there not any food in it?
It’s so strange how their house generally is some,toy, every time I see it in the background all I can think is that it’s the house of someone who’s about to move put and has removed most of their stuff already. That fridge is insane

Reactions: 4
I think there’s something weird about the family tbh. The empty fridge, the lifeless home, the way they never got help for holly’s ED.. and she’s hinted before that her family don’t have the smoothest relationship. Seems like Holly would be best if she moved away

Reactions: 7
4D6040CD-431D-4425-B72D-9F65784F9D9B.jpeg

‘I am grateful for my family for looking out for me, even though somehow I always seem to take offence and interpret their intentions negatively’

If I’m being perfectly honest, from that, the whole idea of Hollys family not talking to her about their concerns isn’t Holly’s family’s issue, but Holly’s.

Seems like she can’t take the concerns in a good way, and actually take them on board. I can imagine her being a pretty defensive person when it comes to her routines and habits. It’s nice to see her family look out for her, but worrying to see how dismissive Holly is of her own reactions.

Saying ‘I somehow’ just sounds like she’s brushing over her actions, and not really thinking through them. Holly, there’s a reason why you behave like that and you need to get to the bottom of it.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Exactly, or she could try writing down her feelings into a diary/journal if she doesn't feel ready to talk about it. She seems to enjoy bullet journalling, but only for productivity reasons. It can be really useful to track emotions/mental health as well.
My relationship with my parents improved vastly when I moved out. They are nice people, and listen to me if I need to talk about emotions (this was like 7 years ago btw), but being under their roof as an adult just made things tense and odd. As soon as I moved out it was nice to meet them for walks at the weekend, etc, rather than being in their space. What works for some adults with their parents doesn’t work for others, I really sense Holly will thrive a bit more once she permanently moves out. If she goes to do a masters or not, she should permanently move out now. I just hope she doesn’t go to uni for a year then move back in at home again afterwards, else the cycle starts again. In my view, she should go to uni, then secure a flat to rent once uni ends to avoid the necessity of coming home. When I was at home after uni, looking for a job I had no money and no choice but to come home to my parents, which caused me a good few months of depression because our relationship was sour at the time and I was stuck, financially. Holly doesn’t have the financial excuse if her tutoring fees are anything to go by.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.