Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Bellamerrell

VIP Member
I physically do not understand Holly, she is saying its her target to spend 15 minutes at day to herself and she will struggle ? Sorry what Holly, even as a busy full time working parent with a long commute its still easy enough to get 15 minutes to yourself. What exactly is she doing all day ever day that makes her so busy ? I just dont get it at all, so is this why she never has friends or cant have a partner as she does not physically have time. Besides shaving her entire body and exercising for hour on ends and scamming vulnerable students out of overpriced tuition she doesnt really do a great deal else.

Reactions: 11

CalatheaLater

Chatty Member
Her latest vid:
  • lot of moaning about her foot injury and her justifying still exercising through it
  • no mention of the MA application
  • sad food (a smoothie, lunch at 4:30 pm, a sliver of cake)
  • why is her fridge so empty all the time?
  • the usual 'uber-productivity' dross
Screenshot (11).png

"Balanced vegan diet". I can't ever get over how depressing her fridge is

• Wow
Reactions: 11
Agree about Paige. She explained that although astrophysics is her passion, it’s such a competitive industry and so she’s decided to be realistic.

holly on the other hand, has no real career interests and is just trying to study and be “productive”as long as possible

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 10

schmetterling

Ergh, why does holly regress so much around Emily? If I didn’t know she was a graduate I’d think she was a 13 year old going through her ‘rawr Im so random xD’ phase

• Haha

3calico3

VIP Member
I've long stopped watching her videos, as I found the repetitive format very frustrating/boring. It's always: start video with a comment about the camera/lighting/her appearance (usually her hair), time lapses of her tutoring/learning German/cooking, talk about her bland af food choices, and then some mention of her pets (and the way she says the family dogs' names grates on me). That's it.

Her flip-flopping about what she wanted to do in the future was the last straw for me: medicine, then teaching (?!), then nutrition (including her obsession with studying abroad), and now cancer research. I just can't with it all. From someone who's doing a PhD right now: jumping into something for the sake of it, and without knowing what something fully entails is just asking for trouble later down the line. You should only go into MA/MSc/PhD level study if you are pretty certain about the field you are passion about. If you aren't, it's a huge waste of time, money, and energy that only privileged people can 'write off'.

• Heart

hpprotego

Chatty Member
Still just can’t get over that in her video she works out right before bed (in her bedroom, when she has Workout space elsewhere in the house....) and gets all hot and red in the face and (probably?) sweaty, AND DOESNT SHOWER! Not even a rinse down of her body. She gets into her PJs and hops into bed, into bedsheets which she doesn’t change for 6 weeks 🤢🤢🤢

• Sick

ECH

VIP Member
Important points from her video:
-She's not moving in with Emily as she fears moving in together might damage their relationship
-She's heard nothing about her masters
-She's going to start dancing again if she studies in London
-She is thinking about doing a PhD but doesn't really like lab work

Also I don't know if it was me but she seems to have a pretty serious bald spot on the side of her head, which makes me really worry about her eating

jerihoam

Summary of new video: she spends the whole time complaining about how hard it is for a young person to "get on the property ladder", while simultaneously revealing the fact that her and Emily have enough money for a deposit and had a house lined up to buy pre-COVID 🤦‍♀️ When people say it's hard to get on the property ladder these days, they're not on about 22 year olds with enough money to buy a house straight out of uni...!

She doesn't mention renting at all in the video, and doesn't seem to realise this is how most people first move out of home.

• Wow

not fussed at all

She doesn't (she doesn't even watch youtube all that often). I remember when she was at Cambridge she put up a video called "why I don't watch TV or read books" where she essentially said she was proud of this fact. Becuase of the backlash she took it down less than a day later if I remember correctly.

She must think watching TV is a waste of time. I used to think that about video games, until my boyfriend pointed out video games have stories just like books and TV shows, so why judge them to be a waste of time? A lot of the media I consume is so I can keep up with conversations at work! Imagine how dull a conversation with her must be, she doesn't even keep up with the news :sleep:
Fair enough not liking TV (I love TV personally, but I get it). However, how can you be proud of the fact that you go to one of the best research universities in the world and take no steps whatsoever to further your knowledge in other areas whatsoever. She is unquestionably hardworking, but academically curious? I wouldn't say so. Reading is one of the best ways you can develop your knowledge of your subject and the world around you - presumably one of the main aims of an Oxbridge education. Not just to say "I went to Cambridge".

Presumably.

• Heart

3calico3

VIP Member
she believes that veganism and yoga can cure most illnesses and that's a very problematic point of view for a doctor...one can see that she preaches that veganism is what cured her (still on-going) ED, so i'm curious about what will she pursue with her master in oncology, holistic remedies for cancer and stuff like that? will she be taken seriously by her colleagues at UCL?
That reminds me of how she always chews on a clove of garlic to 'cure' a tooth abscess she has/had. For goodness sake, go to a dentist! I know scores of people have a phobia of dentists, but come on!

Last edited:
  • Sick
  • Wow

ECH

VIP Member
She's just a weird mix of looking like a teenager but there are times when her hair and her style choices make her look like a middle aged woman.

• Haha

xekatinaz

before we take a deep dive

[does anybody else find the dad super attractive and sweet or is it just me?]

• Haha
  • Wow

lemonlime

VIP Member
Paige is great. I saw some people criticising her for not pursuing her passion for astrophysics but imo she made a sound choice by taking a good job offer which came straight out of uni. Holly obviously doesn't have to copy this path but she comes off as clueless and juvenile half the time. I hope she gets the help she clearly needs. Nobody can help a person who is in denial.

hpprotego

Chatty Member
I have never seen a boring salad like that in the UK and I'm inclined to say the family is just weird! They all eat (and enjoy?) plain boiled parsnips and leeks for god's sake! I have never seen those vegetables prepared that way before watching her videos 🤮
The dad didn’t seem too pleased about being given all that vegan food though. When Holly addresses her dad in the video saying ‘vegan for the day’ or something he just looks so ‘meh’ about it. I just agree though, the family is strange. Whenever I make salads it’s piled high with seeds, nuts, fats (and meats because I’m not vegan) with homemade dressings etc. Hollys plate was so so sad.... she has a problem

Oh, and another thing which came to mind. Does anyone else think Holly always seems to be working towards some sort of ‘set end goal’ to life?

Majority of her video titles contain something along the lines of ‘FINALLY GETTING MY LIFE ON TRACK’ or ‘FINALLY FIGURING OUT MY LIFE PLANS’. It’s like she thinks there’s one answer to her entire life, or like her life is like some sort of biology question that has a right or wrong answer. It’s just painful to see her put herself in such a tight box, describing her life as being defined by one decision about a masters, or by a food/diet choice. She behaves like a 12 year old whose life is just school, extra curriculars, and home. It’s silly.

Last edited:

emm

VIP Member
she's not interested in her subject, she's not interested in films, telly, literature, music, politics...gosh what does she talk about when she hangs out with her friends?? about food/veganism? i think that's her only interest in life, and the two friends she met in london with...(surprise) have also vegan ig accounts! that's a bit obsessive isn't it?
EDIT: nothing wrong with being vegan, but looks like it's her only way to connect with other people and have stuff in common!
I think this must be a consequence fo her family... they have no books etc in the house, no objects of any kind, and her mum is clearly vegan. I've said it before but there is something sooooo odd about the family

hpprotego

Chatty Member
I think she’s just really scared. Scared of the future. Education is all she’s known so she’s just continuing with that.

• Heart

hpprotego

Chatty Member
Holly always tries to play down her privilege when it comes to money and her family. Like, sure, your family might have it’s dysfunctions, but all families do! She’s super lucky to be in the position she’s in where she’s clearly got enough money to put down a deposit for a house so why is she complaining about how hard it is? It’s like she’s trying to act like she’s your average 22 year old but she just isn’t!! She’s clearly minted, but yet behaves like a 12 year old 😂😭

Reactions: 9

not fussed at all

Hey! Kept up regularly with her thread on GG, but since that's shut down, time to move over here! Holly does services in personal statements and tutoring, which is a bit odd. Not exactly sure what qualifies her to charge so much for tutoring. Yeah, she was first in her class at Cambridge, but I find the best students tend to make the worst teachers? And she's written what, 3 personal statements in her life?

CalatheaLater

Chatty Member
So where do we think the main problem is? Was this a day someone was due to go shopping or do her parents just not eat that sort of stuff? Or are the girls expected to get their own food? It’s opened many questions
She's shown similar shots of her fridge over and over, and they all look this depressing. The women in the family eat vegan, and the top two fridge shelves are sparsely populaed with vegetables (shown later on in this vlog). I'm assuming they keep some vegetables out of the fridge and eat canned beans and rice/pasta/oats, and of course some frozen stuff. But there's what, two meat pasties and some yogurts in the fridge for the men who are not vegan?

There's never any cheese/eggs/meat/pickles/jams/condiments (or vegan counterparts/repacements). I think it shows how basic their whole family must've eaten before and after veganism. I doubt their parents were cooking full nutritious meals when they were kids.

schmetterling

Seeing Holly dance to WAP was the last thing I needed on a Tuesday night
The second hand cringe... The fact she looks about eleven years old and like she has no idea what the song means makes it even more embarrassing 😫 I cannot believe she's TWENTY-TWO