Holly Gabrielle

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
2 things from the new video:

-Did Holly go to an all girls school? It seems like she did.
-She got a call re. customer service - has she been applying for normal jobs?

• Wow
Reactions: 2
Given Holly's turbulent trajectory after graduation, I don't see any career that would suit her completely. That in itself isn't a problem, since not everybody fits in a perfect little box. However, it does mean she needs to work on her flaws so she doesn't perform poorly at work. If she wants to be a cancer researcher, then she needs to develop an interest in lab work. For teaching and medicine, she definitely needs to become more open-minded. I wonder if Holly has ever considered an office job. She loves to work, regardless of what she's working on (given how she rewrites notes on topics she has already mastered). I think she would find fulfillment in doing administrative tasks all day long.

Reactions: 8
I don't think Youtubers/Influencers who bring out "sustainable merch" seem to realise that promoting their audience to buy extra clothing actually goes against being sustainable, even if it's sustainably sourced. It's not like her hoodies and t-shirts are necessities that people don't have already, they are definitely "added extras" that her audience is only prompted to buy because it's from Holly. It is more sustainable to not keep producing more merch and just let your audience live with what they have or shop through thrifting (which you could get way more for the price of one of her items). It you have something spectacular to add to the fashion market sure, but these are literally plain coloured clothes.
That's a good point, which I hadn't thought of!

2 things from the new video:

-Did Holly go to an all girls school? It seems like she did.
-She got a call re. customer service - has she been applying for normal jobs?
@not fussed at all I assumed the phone call about customer service was one of those telephone surveys that you sometimes get from companies.

• Haha
Reactions: 1
Holly went to Dartford Girls Grammar
Why does YouTube attract all these middle class people who went to grammar schools/ privately educated/priveliged af people 😂 maybe it just gives them the confidence to believe they’re worth people watching them/ paying for their crappy merch 🙄

Reactions: 5
Yeah me too, just wondering if/when she’ll address it.
She's mentioned it in her instagram captions on her grid a couple of times. Today she said she called but they didn't have anything to update her with. With there being a massive issue with undergrad admissions across the UK I wouldn't be surprised if this had a knock-on affect to postgrad admissions

Of course Holly is only wearing Jewellery and looking ‘put together’ because it’s a sponsorship/partnership 😭😭 Ffs will this girl ever realise that dressing slouchy and comfy isn’t a personality trait 😫

Reactions: 3
Of course Holly is only wearing Jewellery and looking ‘put together’ because it’s a sponsorship/partnership 😭😭 Ffs will this girl ever realise that dressing slouchy and comfy isn’t a personality trait 😫
She’s the final boss battle when you complete r/notliketheothergirls

• Haha
Reactions: 11
So has anyone here watched her "Stories about Boys" (?) video in full and can maybe give me a short summary? Cause I tried watching it myself, I really did, but for some reason it just made me cringe real hard. Maybe the fault lies with me, but Holly talking about boys/sex always seems to make me cringe😬

Reactions: 3
So has anyone here watched her "Stories about Boys" (?) video in full and can maybe give me a short summary? Cause I tried watching it myself, I really did, but for some reason it just made me cringe real hard. Maybe the fault lies with me, but Holly talking about boys/sex always seems to make me cringe😬
I just couldn’t really watch it either to be honest. As much of a riveting story I’m sure it is (not), I just couldn’t be bothered. Highly doubt it was anything exciting though- Hollys still at the stage where she’s making having guy friends a big deal.... so yeah.

I havent seen it yet, is it worth at watch? no doubt she probably only said a few platonic words to some guy who was working on commission 😂😂 and she is making it sound like they recreated every page of Kama Sutra

• Haha
Reactions: 1
I watched it, it was really her just talking about the different men she spoke to whilst in Aus.

I feel like the whole point of the video was about how she'd never had a proper conversation with a man before her Aus trip, and she was a bit anxious about talking to men, but she felt it was good for her to be able to open up and speak to men in even a platonic way. On the whole I thought it was good for her to talk about coming out of her shell. However, I think it shows how sheltered she is that she makes such a song and dance about just having conversations with people. There were no juicy stories...

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 7
I don't know why she was saying at the beginning of the video that she "couldn't believe she was sharing these stories" because she literally just talked to some boys in a completely platonic way. There was no romance or flirting involved at all.

Reactions: 8
I get she went to an All girls school so minimal contact with males their, surely she had youngish male teachers or TA's though, plus any extra curricular. I'm genuinely amazed it took her 22 years to talk to a person of the opposite sex, most teenagers would of had a part time job with guys, lived with guys in halls, had guy friends on their course and in societies etc. What about the trade men who would come round to your house to do jobs, Matt's friends, her dads friends and surely Emily has had boyfriends in the past. I cannot understand how sheltered Holly is

I get she went to an All girls school so minimal contact with males their, surely she had youngish male teachers or TA's though, plus any extra curricular. I'm genuinely amazed it took her 22 years to talk to a person of the opposite sex, most teenagers would of had a part time job with guys, lived with guys in halls, had guy friends on their course and in societies etc. What about the trade men who would come round to your house to do jobs, Matt's friends, her dads friends and surely Emily has had boyfriends in the past. I cannot understand how sheltered Holly is
She’s probably just trying to make it another personality trait so she has something other than productivity to make videos about.

Also seemed to me like she was kinda copying UnJaded Jade in that whole ‘Gap Year + Boys’ Story video.

Did anyone else see the feet boomerang she posted on her insta story? It could just be me but feet pics are so unnecessary to share on social media she’s so odd.. especially w creeps who have foot fetishes she really does lack common sense

Reactions: 4
Did anyone else see the feet boomerang she posted on her insta story? It could just be me but feet pics are so unnecessary to share on social media she’s so odd.. especially w creeps who have foot fetishes she really does lack common sense
Imagine having to explain to Holly Gabrielle what a foot fetish is...

• Haha
Reactions: 9
I’m so baffled at how she didn’t manage to make a single male friend throughout her entire degree at University. Especially doing nature sciences, which last tome I checked, had a male majority even in biology. Or even a neighbour or friend in college, the entire point of Cambridge colleges, to meet people doing different subjects who you live with. I’m surprised she didn’t apply to one of the female colleges.

Reactions: 14
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.