Holly Gabrielle

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Most of them are in for such a shock when they hit the real world... I recruit people and I'm way more interested in people skills and practical ability than what uni someone went to. TBF I looked at people today who went to 'low rank' unis that I'd never even heard of, like Huddersfield and Bolton, and they're already earning over 50k.
I second this from experience. I applied for a job that didn't require a degree, but my degree was pretty relevant to the role. I got the job, but I only started at the baseline of the pay scale - when I spoke to my colleagues about it, they said that my qualifications were probably why I got the job (as well as being a nice person obviously), but experience is why you get the higher pay.
A lot of studytubers don't appreciate the value of experience yet.

Reactions: 2
Why does she dedicate an entire section of every vlog to her pets' poo? It is disgusting and not something anyone wants to hear about, just clean it up and get on with your day

Reactions: 1
Holly Gabrielle #2: 12 or 22? who knows but she vlogs her pets poo

pahahaha lmao so lame but I make myself laugh

• Haha
Reactions: 15
Why does she dedicate an entire section of every vlog to her pets' poo? It is disgusting and not something anyone wants to hear about, just clean it up and get on with your day
I don't get why she bothers vlogging about her dogs at all - I love dogs, don't get me wrong, but they don't seem very well trained (if at all). They are always jumping all over her and not obeying commands, and I feel like she actively encourages that behaviour.

Reactions: 5
I don't get why she bothers vlogging about her dogs at all - I love dogs, don't get me wrong, but they don't seem very well trained (if at all). They are always jumping all over her and not obeying commands, and I feel like she actively encourages that behaviour.
they dont seem treated very well, in one vlog the first time of day they could come in kitchen was almost evening ! You never see them snuggled on Holly's bed or sofa

• Heart
they dont seem treated very well, in one vlog the first time of day they could come in kitchen was almost evening ! You never see them snuggled on Holly's bed or sofa
They seem to have a room that they are kept in during the day, with just dog beds/crate and food bowls. I would have said that maybe her parents don't believe in having animals roam around the house, but they let their cat do that...

• Heart
They seem to have a room that they are kept in during the day, with just dog beds/crate and food bowls. I would have said that maybe her parents don't believe in having animals roam around the house, but they let their cat do that...
they lock the dogs in that room all day and it’s just a big empty space.Then they only seem to get interacted with during walks

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 9
Hello long time viewer but first time writing anything!
I genuinely don't understand why they keep their dogs locked up, it seems a bit cruel. I understand if they didn't want them in the house most of the time but why can't they just let them out into the garden? If you have a dog and a large garden, you should have fences/a hedge to keep them in anyway. I wonder whether them being untrained and "naughty" is due to them just not getting enough stimulation.

Also I've been watching her since her first year at Cambridge off and on and I still can't get over her horrible boiled vegetable dinners - boiled sweet potato and rice is what you give a sick dog. Tbh I think it must be a disordered eating thing. I've heard of people who are struggling with an eating disorder making what little food they do eat as unappetising as possible in order to not feel like they want to eat it/eat as little as possible. Could possibly be that?
I do feel for her in that her family seems not to be open to mental health issues or therapy and so I guess it would make it quite difficult for her to reach out especially if she feels veganism has "cured" her when it's really just another manifestation of the original disorder.

Reactions: 8
Anyone think Hollys interaction with her dad in the last section of her recent blog was just strange? Like.... he clearly just wanted to get on with what he was doing and obviously didn’t want to watch Holly cut up a passion fruit (because she’s 22, and cutting a passion fruit isn’t exactly the most exciting thing to watch). And then she left in the clips of her basically being told off/sternly spoken to as if she was a hyper-active 12 year old.... just odd

I'm just watching her latest vlog.. there is a part when she is eating just a single brazil nut.. not like a handful/bowl as most people would. jesus. that interaction with her dad is odd, also her accent seems to change and become almost east london ish?

I'm just watching her latest vlog.. there is a part when she is eating just a single brazil nut.. not like a handful/bowl as most people would. jesus. that interaction with her dad is odd, also her accent seems to change and become almost east london ish?
I mean she is from east London so I get why her accent can sometimes sound like that, but we’ve become so used to hearing the affected Australian/English accent so maybe Hollys ‘real’ accent is how she talks to her family!

I mean she is from east London so I get why her accent can sometimes sound like that, but we’ve become so used to hearing the affected Australian/English accent so maybe Hollys ‘real’ accent is how she talks to her family!
Ahh I didn't know this! I find people changing their accent in this way so annoying tbh

Hello long time viewer but first time writing anything!
I genuinely don't understand why they keep their dogs locked up, it seems a bit cruel. I understand if they didn't want them in the house most of the time but why can't they just let them out into the garden? If you have a dog and a large garden, you should have fences/a hedge to keep them in anyway. I wonder whether them being untrained and "naughty" is due to them just not getting enough stimulation.
That would explain why the dogs get so excited when anyone so much as looks at them. I bet that they got two dogs (presumably from the same litter too) because they knew that leaving a single dog in a blank room would cause issues with loneliness. I know people who only allow their dogs in certain rooms (e.g. no dogs in bedrooms), but to isolate them in such a bleak-looking space all the time? Very odd.

Reactions: 7
That would explain why the dogs get so excited when anyone so much as looks at them. I bet that they got two dogs (presumably from the same litter too) because they knew that leaving a single dog in a blank room would cause issues with loneliness. I know people who only allow their dogs in certain rooms (e.g. no dogs in bedrooms), but to isolate them in such a bleak-looking space all the time? Very odd.
yeh especially as they could easily let them in the garden, as someone else said, I feel so sorry for them

To be fair brazil nuts are very calorie dense and insanely high in selenium so having just 1-2 is a day is recommended. A bowl of brazil nuts would not be advisable haha.

I watched another what I eat in a day from her and her dinner was a plate of beans, boiled veg and rice. It was all unseasoned until she said she was going to 'spice' it up a bit... so she proceeded to sprinkle on turmeric, put three olives on the side, drizzled a bit of tahini and put a blob of sauerkraut on there. Like in what world is that 'spicing' up your dinner?! I don't know what the psychology behind the bland food is, but I have a feeling it isn't necessarily that she intentionally wants the food to taste bad, but is more of an obsession with eating 'clean' and believing that you have to eat the vegetable in its pure form for it to be healthy. Also, the meal I just mentioned was served up to her entire family which makes me think her family has always eaten bland food. If she grew up with boiled veg and unseasoned food then it could explain why she doesn't go outside her comfort zone with flavours.

• Sick
Reactions: 7
To be fair brazil nuts are very calorie dense and insanely high in selenium so having just 1-2 is a day is recommended. A bowl of brazil nuts would not be advisable haha.

I watched another what I eat in a day from her and her dinner was a plate of beans, boiled veg and rice. It was all unseasoned until she said she was going to 'spice' it up a bit... so she proceeded to sprinkle on turmeric, put three olives on the side, drizzled a bit of tahini and put a blob of sauerkraut on there. Like in what world is that 'spicing' up your dinner?! I don't know what the psychology behind the bland food is, but I have a feeling it isn't necessarily that she intentionally wants the food to taste bad, but is more of an obsession with eating 'clean' and believing that you have to eat the vegetable in its pure form for it to be healthy. Also, the meal I just mentioned was served up to her entire family which makes me think her family has always eaten bland food. If she grew up with boiled veg and unseasoned food then it could explain why she doesn't go outside her comfort zone with flavours.
yeh true, tbh I wouldn't have a bowl either, but something about just 1 with nothing else, no piece of fruit or anything, just seemed weirdly depressing. That combo of food sounds vile, how do tumeric and saurkraut go together?? Maybe if you've always eaten bland food is does taste good? :sick:

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.