Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

wisebutwild

VIP Member
From today's Guardian .........

The Mail on Sunday will pay the Duchess of Sussex just £1 in damages for invading her privacy by publishing a private letter she had sent to her father.
The nominal sum is set out in court documents that also formally confirm that the newspaper – and its sister website MailOnline – has accepted defeat and will not be taking the long-running case to a supreme court appeal.

The outlet will also pay an unspecified sum for the separate case of infringing Meghan’s copyright by publishing large chunks of the letter.
Mark Stephens, a media lawyer, suggested that the nominal settlement for the privacy aspect suggested a weakness in that aspect of Meghan’s case: “Normally for that kind of invasion of privacy you would expect £75,000 to £125,000. It does show that the curation of her reputation was an area where she had effectively invaded her own privacy.”
The newspaper’s publisher has also agreed to pay a confidential sum in damages for copyright infringement. The Mail on Sunday also faces having to cover a substantial part of Meghan’s legal costs, which could be more than £1m.
https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2021/dec/02/how-meghan-took-personal-risks-mail-on-sunday-privacy-victory
The duchess had always said that her three-year legal battle against Associated Newspapers, the publisher of the Mail on Sunday and sister website MailOnline, was more about principles than money.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 51

Chita

VIP Member
“She was pregnant and fragile” Oh FFS - I worked until the day I gave birth with two of my four pregnancies and had to take care of my family and house with all of them. All of us here who gave birth did it without hot and cold running servants and zero responsibilities. She was strong enough to fly to the US for her shower, but too fragile to deal with second or third hand gossip?

You want to bet that Harry made a comment about enjoying Rose’s company or how nice she looked and that set Megs off (internally, she still couldn’t show her true self until she had the wedding ring firmly on her spindly finger) She was furious that he didn’t get her an invite to the state dinner. She had managed to wedge herself into every other event, in contravention of protocol, but he failed her here

The gloves are definitely off now and things will continue to leak about her and how everyone in the UK felt about her

Harry sitting next to Rose at a function she wanted to attend herself will be enough reason for her to smear Rose.

Had he been seated next to a different woman, then THAT woman would probably have been targetted by her.

If someone else has something she wants, they become a target.

Classic narc behaviour.

Last edited:
  • Sick
Reactions: 50

Palpatine

VIP Member
❤ to all those who are ill. I too must report that I’m under the weather with the dreaded Rona! No illness has ever beaten me and this fucker is getting short thrift as well.

As for the Cali cunts, I hope a huge sink hole opens up and devours their alleged house before they can sell it :devilish:

• Heart
  • Wow

ChipDex

VIP Member
From the Express, based on Scrotie stuff.

Why should the US press have the same access as the British press to the UK's Head of State and working family members? Just because an American has married the 6th in line. :rolleyes:

Would anyone expect Biden to include the DM, The Sun and the Mirror as part of the White House press pack?

All these articles that Scrotie contributes to aren't working if he trying to repair her reputation. They're just reinforcing the fact that Smeg really made no effort to understand the RF or her role within it.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Wow

ChipDex

VIP Member
As you say Hazzno gets away with everything and I agree that his "strategy" has worked so far. If PC's extending olive branches I don't believe his motive is love or worry for his son. The RF need to close this down before HM goes and have been far too slow to see the dangers of both H and PA. It's a sick joke for PC to praise Noballs's climate change efforts, and a slap in the face for people who try and do their bit in their small way with recycling and stuff. We know that Noballs is a liar and a polluter, and we know that Charles knows it too but he is insulting our intelligence. He's a slippery man I.m.o. and this shows how out of touch and arrogant he is.

With the bullying allegations, the RF knew of them a long time before and covered them up. I don't believe for a minute that the independent solicitors are still toiling away taking statements - we all knew months ago from reports in the press that both H&M reduced staff to tears. It will quietly go away, and we've already seen the path being paved and the thin end of the wedge. (Afia outside Court saying it's not true, newspaper reports that it was a "culture clash", people rescinding their bullying allegations).
I could be wrong but doubt much will come of it now.

There are so many issues involved, but the bottom line is that in exposing others, the RF expose themselves. In the old days they could get away with it but not now. Noballs and Minge have been allowed to crack the whip from day one and now the RF are paying the price for giving into blackmail. So it's a stalemate.

The blinkered lack of consideration and instinct to protect their Royal family has for me been quite scary. RF mental health and resilience is taken for granted, and attacks, death threats and ridicule even of the little ones is tolerated. These are families with children, but they are fair game and Minge the Manipulator of their hateful army of sugars is never investigated let alone stopped. The most robust fight-back was a muted "Recollections may vary".

We sit here like frightened mice. HM's health suffering stress. Will Minge ruin Catherine's birthday? Will Noballs attack his father in his Memoir with hints of his mother's murder? It should have never been allowed to come to this, and PA and Noballs are perfect examples of RF Ostrich Thinking and inability to look after their own.
BIB

I still wonder what Hazza did, said or threatened in order to marry her. I just saw that Wild About Harry cover of hers again the other day, with her pouting like a screenshot from that burger-grilling video she did. And that was right before the engagement. I can't believe Hazza wasn't told to get rid right there and then, any threats to call the family racist be damned.

When W & K split, she was offered huge amounts to do an interview and she always refused. But imagine if she'd got back with Will and then gone and done a sultry cover story like Smeg - hair all over the place, bare-shouldered and a huge headline "Why I'm Still WILD ABOUT WILLY". William would have absolutely been told no way was he getting back with her. I know the stakes are higher for William, obviously. But Hazza was still going to be a senior Royal and the probable choice of Regent for George if something awful happened. So, how on earth did the RF let their guard down so badly? And why?

And your second paragraph, particularly about the children, concerns me too. After Oprah, and Smeg trashing Kate, those little Cambridge kids, above Hazza in the LoS, were getting death threats, along with their mother. But the Harkles were still referred to as "much loved family members", and even now there is talk in other places that the RF themselves are going to be very low-key about Kate's 40th to avoid upsetting You Know Who. Why????? Any sort of concession to Hazza is not going to protect any of them from the venom he'll unleash in that book. He's being paid big bucks to spill the tea, all of it, and he'll have to deliver because he needs that cash.

Grey-rocking is an effective approach, but only up to a point. And we're there. As soon as your silence is viewed as passivity, and you're getting into the realm of death threats to kiddies, someone actually breaking into Windsor Castle with a crossbow on Christmas Day to do harm to HM because RACISM, and the nasty side of Twitter cheering the intruder on and mocking the RF, you've crossed the Rubicon, and need to change strategy fast.

JMO.

• Heart
  • Wow

freda19

VIP Member
Brilliant advice from many of you, thank you so much. It's really comforting.
I'll bookmark this page for rereading tomorrow, when I feel calmer.
😘😘😘😘😘😘😘😘😘

• Heart

Chita

VIP Member
These rumours have been around for a while - as I recall it was allegedly when the 6s stayed with the Cambridges over Christmas and M didn't feel that they were attentive enough.

What the 6s didn't know was that Catherine had had a phone call telling her that her brother had attempted suicide and her family were trying to keep it very quiet so didn't tell the 6s. She couldn't go and see her brother because it would have attracted attention but obviously she would have been distracted and stressed. I think that under normal circumstances W would have kicked butt - but he was probably trying to support his wife and keep things calm. However they certainty got the measure of her as she's never been invited to stay again.
I didnt know that about the Middleton brother!

If Harry exploded and ranted at William and Catherine with a smug Meghan smirking by his side I would imagine William's reaction would not be to mirror Harry's ranting but to be calm about it.

I think he would say something diplomatic and refuse to engage in an argument or shouting match.

Then he'd be cool and arrange for the separation of the households and politely tell his brother and that woman to feck off and never darken his towels again. (Groucho Marx joke, sorry)

We know their royal households were linked as a team and we know the ties were severed and the Archeholes left the firm and the uk.
I dont think William did that by yelling. He'd have been all chill and ok if thats how you are going to be, then feck off I don't need the drama.

And there's nothing a spoiled and entitled brat and his narcissistic wife hate more than not getting their desired reaction when they've baited someone into a slanging match.

William knows that and won hands down.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 49

ChipDex

VIP Member
Oh no! :ROFLMAO:

Their latest PR attempt - sensitive Hazza being shocked about Uncle Andy's bad attitude to staff - has just hit a brick wall........:poop:

Screenshot from Twatter:

Screen Shot 2022-01-06 at 12.55.56.png

ETA: Adding actual Twatter link as well

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart

VC10

VIP Member
“She was pregnant and fragile” Oh FFS - I worked until the day I gave birth with two of my four pregnancies and had to take care of my family and house with all of them. All of us here who gave birth did it without hot and cold running servants and zero responsibilities. She was strong enough to fly to the US for her shower, but too fragile to deal with second or third hand gossip?

You want to bet that Harry made a comment about enjoying Rose’s company or how nice she looked and that set Megs off (internally, she still couldn’t show her true self until she had the wedding ring firmly on her spindly finger) She was furious that he didn’t get her an invite to the state dinner. She had managed to wedge herself into every other event, in contravention of protocol, but he failed her here

The gloves are definitely off now and things will continue to leak about her and how everyone in the UK felt about her
I'll tell you how everyone in the UK feels about her - 😀

We don't fucking like her.

😎😎😎😀

• Haha
  • Heart

The Wicked Lady

VIP Member
I for one am looking forward to Meghan's wellness book and to be honest I think some of you could show a bit more respect.
Wellness is really important and who better to guide us than ex-Royals, celebrities and influencers? They all have their own lived experiences and their own truths. Remember the book by ex-King Constantine of Greece? 'A study of colonic irrigation among the liberal elite'. The chapter on wellness retreats was ground-breaking.
I think we have so much to learn from Meghan, she is an expert on veganism, yoga and getting up at 5am to deal with emails. Personally, I am looking forward to the bit on how to get money without working because that would really help my well-being. I want to know more about libel trials, rich fathers-in-law and how to not pay for my clothes.
I am also excited that there will be a sequel to 'The Bench'. I hope it will be written in narrative verse or rhyming couplets, have lots of drawings and not too many words. Perfect. 🤩

• Haha
  • Heart

wisebutwild

VIP Member
Fighting talk from Piers ......

The 56-year-old has now hit back at Meghan by branding her a “stinking hypocrite” and claimed he will hold both her and Prince Harry to account.

Speaking to The Sun, he said: “Pushy little Princess Pinocchio tried her utmost to cancel me, and she will be in for a very unpleasant surprise when I emerge, like Lazarus, from my den.

“It was a pretty bruising experience on Good Morning Britain but I’m now working somewhere where I’m free to express my opinions.”

• Heart
  • Haha

freda19

VIP Member
"If" Fark had some sort of physical/developmental disability, the bint might actually get some respect from me if she were to own it, bring awareness to & champion said disability. That would be a good & valid platform for her & might actually show her "compassionate" side, & that she actually gives a damn about others.
Let's hope that its not the case and that Fark is fine - he's got enough to deal with having that pair of vapid, entitled, duplicitous twunts as parents.
Sorry but I disagree. Why should she get a bye ball if her child is developmentally challenged?:unsure:
Do you think she would give a shiny shit if one of yours or mine was in that position?
Anyway I disagree that her stepping up for 'slow' children would make her saintly.It would give her a convenient hook to latch onto for publicity.
Just like Katie Price, who has lost custody of 4 of her children so is struggling to get herself noticed. BUT LOOK! she has a disabled son! that'll do nicely thank you ... so the poor kid gets hauled out of his secure residence and shoved in front of cameras to perform like a trained seal. She has him swearing on camera! :mad:Disgusting creature. Anyway, I bring her up because that would be smeggy (minus the swearing) if she had a disabled child. "Don't diss me, I'm a mom to a disabled child you cunts! That gives me a licence to be a bastard, break the law and flog stories on my hard life."
No thanks. If farch is disabled I wish him nothing but love but his maw can go fuck herself.

• Heart

kev1974

VIP Member
£1 damages says it all. Hilarious and total humiliation for HFEW.
Even if the other part (copyright) is a few £100grand. The most amusing thing is that Scobie and the Sussex Squad all boasted about how she would be getting "substantial damages" and all went on about how she was going to be taking millions of dollars from MOL. Think again, morons! :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
  • Heart

ChipDex

VIP Member
I’m gutted that they’re not taking it further. Presumably their lawyers felt it was no longer worth it.

But £1 in damages 😂😂😂😂😂 That has made my day!
:ROFLMAO:

Reminds me of Hazza vs the MoS and the Judge only gave him £2,500 in costs instead of the £35,000 he was after :)

And the reply to Angela's tweet :ROFLMAO:

Screen Shot 2022-01-05 at 12.26.06.png

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart

Kittypops

VIP Member
I am wondering if you all think I should give up swearing on the thread and use Cockney eloquence instead as wondering if my foul mouth offends some of you!!

It would be fucking difficult for me but just need to know especially as we have several new users here.

Bollocks to the Gringers if this is my last swear word!!
Dont you fucking cunting arseing dare @Nuttynana

But if you do, I'm opening a book to see how long it lasts, place your bets now everybody!

• Haha
  • Heart

Chita

VIP Member
The thing is, PWB has shown himself to be a traitor to his country and his family. He should not be "forgiven" and allowed back into public life. I'd never trust him again.

He said on film, "I dont even like the UK" - or words to that effect.

So if that's how he feels, why should he ever be allowed back into public life?
Answer is, he shouldn't.
Neither should his arrogant Uncle Andrew.

• Heart
Reactions: 48