Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

HotesTilaire

VIP Member
Even on the Sali Hughes threads people who have put all that shit on their face get bored with it, then give up and just wash it with a wet flannel in the end. It’s all marketing palaver.
Although I do have a quartz roller because it feels lovely on your face (or on your feet on a hot day)
My relative isn’t going to pull through. I said goodbyes and got home for a rest, as I’ll need to be back in a few weeks for the funeral. I’ll probably be having a grunk, but if you don’t see me around, that’s why.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 51
Sideboard Cat says hello to everyone. She doesn't seem to be upset about being away for a few weeks which is good. She's been asleep in the bedroom all afternoon ignoring me, after eating treats and killing a spider. Tough life.

sideboard cat says she's happy to be home.jpg

Talking of things that are scary, I drove for the first time in nearly ten years today and it was terrifying. My mum wants me to try a couple more times to get my confidence back before making a decision but I don't think I want to do it again. I felt like I wasn't far off going round a roundabout constantly screaming with my eyes closed 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 50

Wooh

VIP Member
Oh hi.

Today was my nephew's 30th birthday, except that he died last year, just before his 29th.

So I've been on a scientifically calculated mind numbing but still going to work programme Wed night till now to avoid that hurt.

Normal systems of responsibility returning tomorrow.

~It will all be okay some time, probably soon~

• Heart
Reactions: 48

HotesTilaire

VIP Member
Hello canal, you lovely bunch.
I hope you’re all well, thanks for thinking of me
Unfortunately we have had to organise the funeral. I guess “luckily” I got to see my relative when I was up in Liverpool. Due to the circumstances we have embroiled ourselves in a legal claim for medical negligence.
It’s been nice popping in here and there, usually late night, my sleep has gone a bit wrong as well. I have only eaten pizza and Jaffa cakes for a week. 5/10 would recommend if you only want to eat circles.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 48

EllaEm87

VIP Member
I got a 2:1 today and have been put forward to join the NMC register. Fraus, I’m a real nurse 🥰

• Heart
Reactions: 47

MistyWindows

VIP Member
Hello everyone! I definitely do not want to distract from the @kachoochoo cat in question so have been avoiding posting for a few hours 😅 do not want a Jack like Elevenife! More like a joint happy/sad post hopefully?
It was my birthday yesterday! (As in 03/07), honestly it was a hard day because it was my first without my elderly dog and my (supposed OH (yuck)).
I shall attach my beloved below, I had her for eighteen years, I was very attached to her from a young age and this ‘anniversary’ felt very strange to me!
2F7123F4-5A26-4F39-9F17-431FDE88D546.jpeg

75384DB4-158F-4284-B577-F993F603253A.jpeg

And it has been a bitter sweet day. I had a good morning with my mum and sister, my best friend then came over, but I’m still sad? I know how privileged that will sound (she was a dog not a human, I know a lot about human loss too) but Jesus Christ, I miss her so much and it’s played on me all day.
can anyone else relate? I’m so sorry if it’s triggering.

• Heart
Reactions: 46

Jay-cloth Cow

VIP Member
Good luck @Kittypops ! As others have said, remember that you are interviewing them as much as they are you too. As someone who interviews people fairly often, I would recommend checking out the STAR technique - a great way to describe experiences you've had in context, I love it when people use it, gives a deeper understanding to situations interviewers might not really understand if they aren't directly to do with the role.

Thought you guys would appreciate this, when we were walking JC pup last night we met two spaniels, their names were Sally and Jenny. What amazing dog names 🤣. JC pup isn't really interested in other dogs, she doesn't mind them but would rather lick and chew the owners to death (she LOVES people) but she really liked Sally, they live a few doors down from us so we are going to arrange some play dates ❤

Also, JCC has some big news - me and Mr C got engaged! I'm going to be a married frau! Although we distressed Mr Cs grandparents a bit as when they asked when the wedding will be, I said we want to get the kitchen done first (the one now, though fine is v much an old person's style, our house was probate so very much decorated in the way 80 year olds like 🤣) and his grandad said 'well that's not very romantic, just make sure you get married before I die' 🤣🤣 tbh he will probably outlive us all, he is 86 and has a much more active social life than we do!!

• Heart
Reactions: 45

Sideboard Bob

VIP Member
Someone close to me is very unwell at the moment, and this evening I’ve just had some wine been distracting myself. I feel so stupid, but I just don’t know what to do with my thoughts just now.

I was going to say I don’t know why I’m sharing this here, but then, this site has been a great distraction, but also just full of lovely people and lols.

• Heart
Reactions: 44

Django

VIP Member
20220627_074601.jpg

This is Pickle dog. She was chucked out of a car in our little village nearly four years ago and is a darling but those teef 😁

• Heart
Reactions: 43

Kittypops

VIP Member
May I call upon the might of the ninnies today?

I have a job interview this morning for something I really, really want to get.

With the power of the fraus standing shoulder-to-shoulder with me, a mere simple kitten, I would feel able to shine and be the best version of myself.

I'm really nervous, typing this from the bath, unable to read my research notes one more time.

Thankyou

• Heart

jordishaw

Chatty Member
Dearest @Wooh, we can't go over it, we can't go under it, we just have to go through it - and it hurts, every time. There's a Jewish mourning ritual of lighting a special candle that will burn for 24 hours on the anniversary of a loved person's death, and it's one I felt very ambivalent about until someone told me what I should have realised on my own, it's not meant to make you feel better but just gives you a way of sitting with your grief and loss. I've done it for over 30 years now for one of my children and now feel as if it's helped me learn the shape of her loss in my life, which is difficult to put into words, but I can't imagine any other way of carrying it. I wish you long life and strength to carry what you need to.

• Heart

Kittypops

VIP Member
Interview done, thank you everyone for your wise words and kindness, you lovely canal.

You were all there in the interview room, I ~ think ~ it was only me who could see you all. Everyone looks exactly like their avatars!

It's one of those where i really have no idea if it will lead to a second stage interview, i reckon i said 90% good stuff.

Keep doing big 'ahhhhhh' breaths now.

Thank you ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 42

Into_the_tunnel

VIP Member
Thank you all- here is a pic of tunnel dog looking like I haven’t given her enough love for the day. Obviously I have.

AA1B2F2B-90E7-490F-B232-E789B8F4EC13.jpeg

• Heart
Reactions: 41

Emmapism

VIP Member
Ooooh girl that looks delicious. I love a turnover. Anyone had the apple ones that M&S do? Top tier.

I found out today I got it! 2 and a half month contract- starting next month when I'm back from my holiday.

Chuffed 😊

Thinking of lovely @HotesTilaire & @Wooh x

• Heart
Reactions: 40

Sideboard Bob

VIP Member
I wanted to talk about this on the MT but then thought it was too off topic and a bit me-raily. But I wish people realised that it can actually be nice being single. And sometimes just taking time to not be with anyone is a really positive thing.

Don’t get me wrong, I’m so happy for everyone I know in happy relationships, it‘s a beautiful thing. But I’ve been single for a couple of years now, and I’m ok with it. Also my head isn’t in the right place just now.

Sorry, I don’t know where I’m going with this, it’s just really dawned on me that “society” thinks if you’re not in a relationship, you must be looking for one, but that’s always the case.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Please add me to the list of frauen encouraged by the bravery of the canal to go and get their smear test. It was fine although I did have to sit down for five minutes afterwards to ensure I wasn't about to pass out. There was a bloke in front of me in the waiting room who got called by one of the doctors and as they went into the consulting room I heard the doctor say 'are you two together?'. The bloke looked back utterly confused and the doctor said 'I thought you were with that guy, you've got very similar tattoos'. I am currently re-working this into a doctor shouting something like 'WHAT ARE YOU? BIRDS CAN'T HAVE TATTOOS' at me as all the other patients cackle and dance in a circle around me, after which I will expect cashos to heal the withered husk of my self-esteem.

• Heart
  • Haha
Lads I almost forgot to celebrate Sideboard Cat's seven year adoptaversary! I can't remember which photo I shared before of her when she was a kitten so you might be getting recycled material. I think she was 12 weeks old here? How was that seven years ago (obviously I know how, relentless linear passage of time etc.)

tiny sideboard cat.jpg

• Heart
Oh, well, if you insist on cat spam. Here she is displaying very poise, much grace.

cat tongue.jpg

Lads I'm doing a chaos again, send wasted NHS time-os. The side effects from my new medication I was confident would go in another week did not go so I'm back on my old medication. I'm only joking about wasted NHS time as I still obviously wasn't well and needed help but I do feel a bit silly and very, very sweaty. My fingertips are visibly glistening, so that's nice. On the plus side I've nearly finished a little microslop drum & bass version of Landslide. I capped it at 1:45 because nobody asked for it and, let's face it, nobody wants it 😂

You're right Sidey B. Sometimes people end up defined by their partner or lack of, maybe there's a general perception (especially for over 30s) that if you're single you must be in some way defective? Fortunately I don't feel under any pressure to be in a relationship although I want one eventually, I'm also quite clearly not in the right space for it now either. Ultimately it's a good thing for people to be comfortable by themselves and not rely on being made complete by another person. Sorry if this didn't make sense.

• Heart
Reactions: 38