Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

MaineCoonMama

VIP Member
My marriage isn't the greatest. We get along okay but we are more like housemates. I'd happily live on my own with Pooh and Susan if I could afford it. I spent a fair chunk of my early 30s single and I've lived by myself before plus I enjoy my own company. I'd love to never have to listen to another motoring YouTube channel for the rest of my life.

• Heart
Reactions: 35

Jay-cloth Cow

VIP Member
How well do you know her OH? Would you be able to message him, not to tell him about the drink/drugs but tentatively ask how she is, you'd noticed she didn't seem herself the other day, is all ok etc? Might open the door to a discussion without you betraying her confidence, and get her OH looking a bit closer if he hasn't noticed anything (some men can be very oblivious!)
I know him really well - he was actually my friend first, introduced me to his new gf a few years ago and I basically stole her to be my friend. That's a good idea, could say she seemed off then I haven't heard from her since despite multiple messages. Tbh that's what I'd do if I'd been to see her and she was the way she was/is being now if I hadn't found out what was going on.

So glad I have you guys to ask this as I feel like I'd be breaking confidences asking people IRL so thank you xx

• Heart
Reactions: 34

Kittypops

VIP Member
Thinking of you @HotesTilaire you are doing the right thing. There'll be unimaginable beuoracacy in store, so vent here at any time.

I hope everyone is doing ok and same goes for all cattos, doggos and animal kingdomos that are frau/herr adjacent.

❤ ❤ ❤

well, I was unsuccessful, it went to an internal candidate :( but I remain determined to find something else. Thank you everyone for the excellent advice and the rallying "you can do its", I've saved some for the next one of us who needs it too xxx

ETA sorry, that sounds really negative, Hotes, hope you don't face bureaucracy

Last edited:
  • Heart

OwlRightsReserved

VIP Member
Somehow, I was convinced that a spontaneous camp would be nice last night so we drove to a loch ( really 🔺 myself here). It was extremely windy but not terrible. My tarpo was roundly mocked, but we did see a wee sheepo that made me think of @Falkor. We thought they might be Scottish Blackface but not sure?

Screenshot 2022-06-26 at 19.12.14.png

And saw a very beautiful rainbow!
Screenshot 2022-06-26 at 19.14.05.png

• Heart

PunkyMonkey

Chatty Member
@heretoreaditall2019

Didn't want to derail the main thread, but, got excited that you're about Soho work-wise. Babes, same! I bet we've seen each other without ever realising it!

If you see a miserable mare riding a pastel green Pendleton, give me a wave! xxx
If either of you get a hard stare from a female paramedic give me a hand signal of some description!

NB preferably not the universal chest clutch or choking signs. I'd like to keep work and Tattle separate if at all possible but I will save your life if I absolutely have to.

• Haha

Jay-cloth Cow

VIP Member
So nice to hear about a visitor's trip to Oz. Unbelievably, about once per winter, it snows quite close to me and we all go mad and make day trips to run around. Hehe. Did you go north as well. To Cookie land?
Oz is my favourite place I've ever been to - I cried on the plane home cos I didn't want to leave 🤣 was only there for 2 weeks so did Melbourne, Phillip Island, Great Ocean Road and Sydney, but would love to go back and see more. I actually had a job interview in Melbourne (stayed with friends, one of whom was my boss in a previous life and he put me forward without telling me 🤣) so I could have been an honorary Aussie frau!!

Mr C broke my heart today! I was in the office and he was WFH, he sent me this - that door is my office where I WFH, he always works from the dining room - pup apparently kept going to the door, scratching at it and whining 😭

Attachments

• Heart
  • Sad

Into_the_tunnel

VIP Member
I'm glad she's ok! But...you picked her up? She looks quite sturdy and a bit hefty. (Not body shaming 💖)
Ever since I had a bowel resection I haven't been able to pick up more than a few kilos. I can pick Sue up if I'm having a good day but not the boys.
She is 12kg at the moment. Not too heavy. She is a tank but on smol legs.

It must be hard not to pick up the fluff balls. If had your fluff balls nothing would get done. Ever.

🔺There is a cat issue going on here which we are finding sad but it is very 🔺 and related to my neighbour. We just want to scoop them (well one, the more resilient one has sorted himself out it seems) up and cuddle them back to life.

I also want to apologise for not liking or commenting on every post. Last week the Twitter crossover, her ED and constant weight baiting got to me. I thought I was honestly on the mend, but that doesn’t seem to be the case and seeing posts about her losing a stone doesn’t help. In fact, it exacerbates the situation. The problem is, this place is so nice, but when I see a load of spoilered comments, it is just too tempting, I can’t help myself looking and then follows a spiral of disorder.

I don’t what the answer is. I feel so guilty not commenting when you have interviews and mice and shitty times. I just want to ❤. I feel so lost stuck in this cycle. I don’t want to get better for me but I do for Mrs T and for our life if that makes sense. Sorry.

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Sad

kachoochoo

VIP Member
a shy boi is becoming less shy

(I'm not doing the best at keeping up with everyone here, but i will eventually!)

20220707_202808.jpg

• Heart

binkbonk

Hi all, finally found this thread. Haven't grunked or anything but just wanted to share this recipe I've made a few times, it's the nicest cheesecake I've ever had. Hopefully it's legible! I had to stop making it so often because "keeping some in the freezer for when friends come over" somehow turned into "having a big slice every night after dinner". According to the book you can half the recipe in a 20x20cm tin or quarter it in a bread loaf tin, but I haven't tried that
IMG_20220629_143433.jpg

After reading through this thread and seeing some lovely black cats I can't not share a few pics of my two
Screenshot_20220629_150519.jpg
Screenshot_20220629_150506.jpg
Screenshot_20220629_150400.jpg
Screenshot_20220629_150451.jpg
Screenshot_20220629_150349.jpg
Screenshot_20220629_150430.jpg

Screenshot_20220629_151346.jpg
Screenshot_20220629_150412.jpg
Screenshot_20220629_151357.jpg
Screenshot_20220629_151406.jpg

Last edited:
  • Heart

Into_the_tunnel

VIP Member
Hello everyone! I definitely do not want to distract from the @kachoochoo cat in question so have been avoiding posting for a few hours 😅 do not want a Jack like Elevenife! More like a joint happy/sad post hopefully?
It was my birthday yesterday! (As in 03/07), honestly it was a hard day because it was my first without my elderly dog and my (supposed OH (yuck)).
I shall attach my beloved below, I had her for eighteen years, I was very attached to her from a young age and this ‘anniversary’ felt very strange to me!
View attachment 1390369
View attachment 1390372
And it has been a bitter sweet day. I had a good morning with my mum and sister, my best friend then came over, but I’m still sad? I know how privileged that will sound (she was a dog not a human, I know a lot about human loss too) but Jesus Christ, I miss her so much and it’s played on me all day.
can anyone else relate? I’m so sorry if it’s triggering.
Happy birthday for yesterday. It was nice you had some time with family and you friend ❤.

She looks so lovely and I am so sorry for your loss. You might have see I spoke about pet loss earlier in the thread and referenced someone called Emma Nicolet. She lost her dog about 20 months ago and although she recently got a new rescue, regularly cries on Instagram about her old dog.

Personally, I think it is really important to normalise the grief around losing a pet. It can be so raw and felt for years after the event. You had her for 18 years, no wonder you feel it so deeply. We still cry over tunnel cat.

When I think about things like this, I remember we have our pets for all of their lives but only some of ours. We have to make their lives as good and full as possible.

Here is tunnel cat, living what he thought was his best life.

00E7797D-87B7-40E6-8ABF-157BBF5F4ECA.jpeg

• Heart
Reactions: 33

Emmapism

VIP Member
I don't know if I've mentioned this before but my fella said to me pretty early in our dating life 'you can't rely on me to make you happy' and on the surface that sounds harsh but he's Eastern European and sometimes things get a little lost in translation 😂

But it really resonated with me. Your partner should add to your life and make it better (my love definitely does) but your happiness/contentment/satisfaction should only ever come from you. If you're always looking to others to 'make you happy' you never will be.

• Heart

Lurkeryaar

VIP Member
Thanks for the new thread Poca!

You lot will be pleased (or maybe not, sorry 😉) to know that I survived my first trip to the gym. It's a lot nicer and bigger than my old one, which only had one of each machine so I was always a bit worried about my "favourites" being used or broken. Looking forward to enjoying going again 💪

• Heart

Hollaaa

VIP Member
Aw Hotesy T, thinking about you.

I had my weekend away with no signal or wifi. I think the done thing is to wank on about how edifying it is to be free from our self-made technological prisons, but it was actually highly inconvenient for lots of boring reasons - not least when it came to reporting the cow that escaped and started to munch on a field of potatoes.

Anywayyyyy, here's a picture of my ginger boy giving my foot a high five in his sleep.
WP_20140627_001.jpg

• Heart
No way Tunnelly, I found a copy of Molecular Cell Biology in the shop I went in yesterday which was one of the textbooks on my course. Biochemists around the country giving up in unison. I'd have keeled over if it was Stryer 😰 if you come across a copy please softly, gently shred it for the benefit of everyone.

I'll try not to catspam but here's a great example of catmouflage. I noticed her while I was sat on the sofa (which is why she looks so far away) and fortunately not when I went to put my feet up on that chair.

catmouflage.jpg

• Heart

Valiofthedolls

VIP Member
A really good Irish mate of mine out here has recently moved to a small town close to the Mississippi-Louisiana border. The first Aldi in 100s of miles has just opened there and apparently there is UPROAR locally about the trolleys needing a coin and you having to take your own bags or pay for them. Like, people trying to get the council involved to pass ordinances against it level uproar. Anyway, he sent me these reviews last night that I thought you might enjoy.

3B346EF3-6DA0-4309-98D0-23FC5CE518D4.jpeg

F264F893-A9E1-481E-A249-847F0351359B.jpeg

• Haha

Jay-cloth Cow

VIP Member
morning Fraus, just wondered if anyone had any advice - looked to see if there was a thread on this kind of thing anywhere but couldn't find one. Am worried about a friend right now - went to her house earlier in the week to see if she had a dress I could borrow for a wedding this weekend, she seemed out of sorts, when I was looking in her wardrobe I found 6 empty vodka bottles hidden in there. I questioned it, she broke down and told me she's secretly drinking at least half a bottle a day, and is taking cocaine to try and seem sober in front of people. She told me I was under no circumstances allowed to tell anyone especially her OH, that she's just going through a rough patch at work and it's helping her cope. Since then she won't reply to any of my messages. I'm really worried and am considering calling her OH to tell him - tbh I'd rather her not speak to me than continue doing this but also I know people need to want to stop to be able to. Had a look online and am considering calling al anon for advice. Would that be too pushy? I want to help but don't know how, or how much would be an acceptable level of involvement. It's so hard!

Sorry for bringing the mood down, hope everyone is doing ok xx

• Heart
  • Sad

MaineCoonMama

VIP Member
You guys.. I've had such a week. It cost us $300 to take Pooh to the vet, it was my (late mum's birthday on the 1st and I'm missing her. I'm overwhelmed. Thank @PunkyMonkey and @BubbleDuck. I hope your kindness comes back tenfold and your gods bless you.

• Heart