Food and Drink #28

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I will also anticipate facturday, so as (cat people )a lot of us probably know, cats don't miaow at each other, they use non verbal things, they do growl/hiss etc but not miaow. Cats have learned to miaow on a pitch that is at the same pitch as a baby's cry, hence humans instinctively respond/react to it. Are cats the best (most manipulative) animal? I would say yes :ROFLMAO:
My cats don’t meow, they just yell at me if they want something 😂

Facturday! Camels 🐪 have two sets of eyelids, the ‘inner’ one is see-through so they can still see when they’re closed and keep the sand out their eyes 👀

@Lurkeryaar I’m sorry to hear that, I’m sure something else will come alone dearheart 🤍

the turn from a few weeks ago is back on at the pub over the road

I SHAN'T live tattle again, but, imagine if you will, a beautiful summer's evening here, beverage in hand, balcony door wide open and you hear the faint strains of an acoustic sweet home alabama 😬
Oh god no 💀 that reminds me of a busker who played over the road from the cafe I used to work at, we had loads of outdoor seating so we were outside most of the time. In the summer he’d be there all day every day and he played Here Comes the Sun at least once an hour. I’ve hated that song ever since 😑

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 20
5F3E0D76-5040-4930-806D-A1EB866DC227.jpeg

If I focus on the palm trees it’s like I’m on holiday and not at Southend seafront 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 25
Despite not leaving the house much and wearing a mask if I do, I've managed to catch some kind of lurgy again. I think my husband brings them home from his friend's house? His friends wife is a primary school teacher and we all know schools are full of germs. I have a sore throat, cough and swollen eyes. I look pretty, you guys.
I don't have any facts for facturday as my brain is not working properly. Send tea with honey-os and some patience as I am a cranky old MCM today.

• Heart
Reactions: 26
I got a 2:1 today and have been put forward to join the NMC register. Fraus, I’m a real nurse 🥰

• Heart
Reactions: 47
Saw this today and it really resonated. “It’s ok to not want to deal sometimes”.

4FE4EDA6-1ECF-44D0-A06B-982B190C5B6E.jpeg

I got a 2:1 today and have been put forward to join the NMC register. Fraus, I’m a real nurse 🥰
Omg congratulations! 🥳 Delighted for you, we know how hard you’ve worked for this!

• Heart
Reactions: 25
Fabulous - we need lots of wonderful nurses. It’s an amazing job and the people who do it are incredible. Well done.
(I was the kid from Jonny Briggs - ‘my mum, who’s a nurse’)

• Heart
Reactions: 22
That’s such good news. Celebratory waves across the country. What is the next step? Do you get to choose where to apply to? Sorry if this seems clueless. Education is a bubble of weirdness and employment things.

🎉🎉🎉🎉❤❤❤

• Heart
Reactions: 19
Whheee, well done! I have nothing but love for nurses after having had a few hospital stays. You're a fabulous human being and I'd hug you if I weren't so far away. Much love ♥

• Heart
Reactions: 18
Despite not leaving the house much and wearing a mask if I do, I've managed to catch some kind of lurgy again. I think my husband brings them home from his friend's house? His friends wife is a primary school teacher and we all know schools are full of germs. I have a sore throat, cough and swollen eyes. I look pretty, you guys.
I don't have any facts for facturday as my brain is not working properly. Send tea with honey-os and some patience as I am a cranky old MCM today.
Sorry you feel so rotten. Students are burning stuff so I can only send burnos.

❤
My fact is crap. Apparently the numbers on a toaster refer to minutes rather than toastiness.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
That’s such good news. Celebratory waves across the country. What is the next step? Do you get to choose where to apply to? Sorry if this seems clueless. Education is a bubble of weirdness and employment things.

🎉🎉🎉🎉❤❤❤
Thank you everyone, I’m feeling the love 🥰

I’m doing a rotational posting as I don’t really know where I want to go! I’ll be doing 6 months on a renal/ transplant ward, 6 months on a gastro/ HPB surgical ward then 6 months in ED. I got to chose those specialities and I much prefer surgical to medical. Following 6 months of ED I can go back to anywhere I was previously, stay where I am or chose something completely new in the same trust as a permanent placement. It’s all so exciting!

• Heart
Reactions: 24
Huge congratulations!! I have so much respect and love for nurses after receiving such good care in hospital. Even if your future patients may not always say it, they appreciate you ♥ (p.s you should try and get a job on the🔺 haematology wards at UCLH as that's where all my faves are 😉)

• Heart
Reactions: 22
Huge congratulations!! I have so much respect and love for nurses after receiving such good care in hospital. Even if your future patients may not always say it, they appreciate you ♥ (p.s you should try and get a job on the🔺 haematology wards at UCLH as that's where all my faves are 😉)
Haematology is such an interesting branch of medicine! Sadly UCLH is a little far from me as I’m a Devonshire Frau!

Reactions: 21
Thank you everyone, I’m feeling the love 🥰

I’m doing a rotational posting as I don’t really know where I want to go! I’ll be doing 6 months on a renal/ transplant ward, 6 months on a gastro/ HPB surgical ward then 6 months in ED. I got to chose those specialities and I much prefer surgical to medical. Following 6 months of ED I can go back to anywhere I was previously, stay where I am or chose something completely new in the same trust as a permanent placement. It’s all so exciting!
Well done, that's brilliant news and so well earnt. The Canal are so proud. Treat yourself to a big old ice lolly!

• Haha
Reactions: 19
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.