Food and Drink #28

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I love how many fraus like the Office!
This video of Steve made me very happy earlier so I thought I’d share!

My best friend who came over for my birthday has just tested positive for COVID, I didn’t expect a present at all but this 😅
Send paracetamolos

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 25
You're right dear heart @Emmapism you've made me feel better about it thank you x I can still bash out a few pull-ups so it could be worse. The fact that I even want to do anything at all is positive in itself and I'm really glad that I have all the equipment I need at home so I don't have to face the gym yet. I will be going tomorrow with my mum but I'm training myself at home first then will train her so all I have to do is stand about in gymwear saying KEEP YOUR CHEST UP FFS. My plan is to go on a mad bulk to put back on all the weight I lost so the 80% cake body composition sounds ideal.
Tbh I am always really impressed when you talk about the stuff you can do in the gym! Wishing all the best for getting your strength back to where you want to be 💪

And well done @Kittypops ! Interviews are so stressful, but you got there and got through it. Crossing fingers for a good result!

I have applied for a few jobs and am waiting to hear back 😶

• Heart
Reactions: 21
Went to my first meeting this evening and it went ok. Was convinced until about a minute before the Zoom started that I wasn't going to go and that I was being ridiculous but I went and it was really very much ok. I'm going to go to another meeting.

@Lurkeryaar just in case you still wanted some more info: it wasn't too religious. I'm a cradle Catholic so I'm not personally unfamiliar with religious sentiment, but there was nothing denominationally specific or anything. It was welcoming!

• Heart
Reactions: 26
You got through it!!

Fingers all crossed for Wednesday. Are you doing something relaxing to calm down (not adding up random foods to £19.96 or whatever)?
Aw, thank you, tonight I'm mainly vegetating and currently wondering if it's too early to go to bed and read. No random calculations whatsoever, apart from the fact I found 2p on the pavement today :)

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Went to my first meeting this evening and it went ok. Was convinced until about a minute before the Zoom started that I wasn't going to go and that I was being ridiculous but I went and it was really very much ok. I'm going to go to another meeting.

@Lurkeryaar just in case you still wanted some more info: it wasn't too religious. I'm a cradle Catholic so I'm not personally unfamiliar with religious sentiment, but there was nothing denominationally specific or anything. It was welcoming!
Well done for going!!! The first is really the hardest, I have been toa couple of different12 step groups, including OA, and I remmeber in my first few times I never spoke, people were really patient and when I finally did they were very (in a non obvious way) very congratulating. From what I have seen the relgious element (in the UK at least) has probably been toned down a lot, whenever I had seen them in US movies etc it seemed really relgious-esque but I never got that vibe here, keep going I have found it invaluable

• Heart
Reactions: 17
Tbh I am always really impressed when you talk about the stuff you can do in the gym! Wishing all the best for getting your strength back to where you want to be 💪

And well done @Kittypops ! Interviews are so stressful, but you got there and got through it. Crossing fingers for a good result!

I have applied for a few jobs and am waiting to hear back 😶
Hope you hear back soon, Lurkey, sometimes they take ages and you've long given up, or start questioning whether you sent it correctly. Fingers crossed for you too.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Screenshot_20220704-154402_Instagram.jpg

I saw this today and thought of you lot. Whoever would have thought that a slop slinger from Southend would have brought such a lot of kind, clever, thoughtful, funny and wise ninnies together?

• Heart
Reactions: 30

My best friend who came over for my birthday has just tested positive for COVID, I didn’t expect a present at all but this 😅
Send paracetamolos
Good luck, hope you don’t have covid 🤞

Well done for going!!! The first is really the hardest, I have been toa couple of different12 step groups, including OA, and I remmeber in my first few times I never spoke, people were really patient and when I finally did they were very (in a non obvious way) very congratulating. From what I have seen the relgious element (in the UK at least) has probably been toned down a lot, whenever I had seen them in US movies etc it seemed really relgious-esque but I never got that vibe here, keep going I have found it invaluable
I had great problems with the god aspect of AA at first. I kept going because I was desperate. Eventually I realised it’s spiritual not religious, a huge difference.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
Such cute cats @kachoochoo 😻 I particularly like sleepy gal!

Send paracetamolos
Fingers tightly crossed you haven’t caught it 🤞🏼 I’ve felt unwell with it since last weekend and finally feeling a bit more normal today. I’ve had it before but it’s been much worse this time. Paracetamol have definitely helped though so do stock up just in case!

• Heart
Reactions: 19
When I think about things like this, I remember we have our pets for all of their lives but only some of ours. We have to make their lives as good and full as possible.
Oh gosh, this made me well up (in a good way). Aren’t humans funny in the way we get so attached to little furry animals who we can’t even verbally communicate with.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
View attachment 1392349
I saw this today and thought of you lot. Whoever would have thought that a slop slinger from Southend would have brought such a lot of kind, clever, thoughtful, funny and wise ninnies together?
Oh Benjamin Button. I love this piece of writing so much.

ETA Chaos unintended double post incoming!!! 😞
Send paracetamolos
The USA has ruined this terrible joke for me because paracetamol is called acetaminophen here

Why can’t birds find headache tablets in the rainforest?
Altogether now: because the acetaminophen paracetamol 🦜

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 21
I really am in awe of gym Frau. I come from a very sporty family- I have newspaper clippings of my great grandfather swimming in the St Lawrence river in Montreal. Father played for the Montreal Canadiens hockey reserves. Mum was a swimming instructor, brothers play footy and cricket yet I am a dedicated bookworm/gentle walker. If I wasn't a carbon copy of my mum I'd swear I was adopted.
Anyhoo, it's a gorgeous winter day here, I'm going to drop some pasta off at the street food bank and go look at some ducks.
Fingers and eyes crossed for the Canal job seekers. Blessed be ♥

• Heart
Reactions: 28
I really am in awe of gym Frau. I come from a very sporty family- I have newspaper clippings of my great grandfather swimming in the St Lawrence river in Montreal. Father played for the Montreal Canadiens hockey reserves. Mum was a swimming instructor, brothers play footy and cricket yet I am a dedicated bookworm/gentle walker. If I wasn't a carbon copy of my mum I'd swear I was adopted.
Anyhoo, it's a gorgeous winter day here, I'm going to drop some pasta off at the street food bank and go look at some ducks.
Fingers and eyes crossed for the Canal job seekers. Blessed be ♥
My mum is a long-distance runner, and my dad was a big rugby player until a certain age, but I didn't do any sport until I was 30. Went for a run on a whim one day, couldn't even manage 1km, and felt so embarrassed that I started a Couch to 5K programme the next day.

I ran for a couple of years until I injured my knee in a half-marathon, but I never really enjoyed it - I just liked the feeling of having finished. When I got into yoga, something clicked - I love that a good yoga programme combines cardio, strength, and flexibility, and I'm so happy whenever I feel myself making progress.

I hike a lot too, and I love it so much, but summer here is not the best time. Speaking of which, our mosquitos seem to have evolved this year, the plug-in does nothing... 😖

• Heart
Reactions: 23
My mum is a long-distance runner, and my dad was a big rugby player until a certain age, but I didn't do any sport until I was 30. Went for a run on a whim one day, couldn't even manage 1km, and felt so embarrassed that I started a Couch to 5K programme the next day.

I ran for a couple of years until I injured my knee in a half-marathon, but I never really enjoyed it - I just liked the feeling of having finished. When I got into yoga, something clicked - I love that a good yoga programme combines cardio, strength, and flexibility, and I'm so happy whenever I feel myself making progress.

I hike a lot too, and I love it so much, but summer here is not the best time. Speaking of which, our mosquitos seem to have evolved this year, the plug-in does nothing... 😖
I keep trying Yoga but it keeps aggravating my back… I love how it feels when I do it, but for some reason I think I just am a non-yogi. 😔.

Running is my love. I started it at uni to help with rowing and apart from the obligatory stress fracture and a major Achilles issue have done it ever since. Sometimes slow and sporadically (like after covid) and sometimes too much (like 80 miles a week).

I don’t think that the “it’s one hour of your day” mentality helps though or “running/walking cured my depression”. When I was getting back after injury, it was the most soul-destroying thing- ruminating over every niggle, feeling so unfit, looking at my times being so slow. If you are very ill, getting yourself up or to a class is simply out of the question.

Sorry, rant over. MT is 😞

• Heart
Reactions: 26
I keep trying Yoga but it keeps aggravating my back… I love how it feels when I do it, but for some reason I think I just am a non-yogi. 😔.

Running is my love. I started it at uni to help with rowing and apart from the obligatory stress fracture and a major Achilles issue have done it ever since. Sometimes slow and sporadically (like after covid) and sometimes too much (like 80 miles a week).

I don’t think that the “it’s one hour of your day” mentality helps though or “running/walking cured my depression”. When I was getting back after injury, it was the most soul-destroying thing- ruminating over every niggle, feeling so unfit, looking at my times being so slow. If you are very ill, getting yourself up or to a class is simply out of the question.

Sorry, rant over. MT is 😞
I’ve just started back doing couch 25k. I wish I could run 🏃‍♀️ 🙏 Got quite well into it in 2020 then knee hurt a bit. Physio said I can run again but being about 4 stone overweight I am a bit scared. However after a couple of years of doing workouts from home with weights etc I realise I’m not very fit at all (recent hike up a hill in Cumbria on our hols ended with me in tears 😭 😬). So embarrassing!! This 53 year old lady needs to get fit !!

MT is beyond grim this morning thought I’d come over here as I’m so 😳.

• Heart
Reactions: 24
Bit weird to share it with ninnies but I have a referral to a clinic next week and am having a moment about it. Sure it’s precautionary and probably nothing but keep feeling a bit

Oh no! I am holidaying in Spain 🇪🇸 soon and I thought I might have gone overboard with the anti mosquito stuff but maybe I haven’t…

• Heart
Reactions: 25
Good luck @Kittypops ! As others have said, remember that you are interviewing them as much as they are you too. As someone who interviews people fairly often, I would recommend checking out the STAR technique - a great way to describe experiences you've had in context, I love it when people use it, gives a deeper understanding to situations interviewers might not really understand if they aren't directly to do with the role.

Thought you guys would appreciate this, when we were walking JC pup last night we met two spaniels, their names were Sally and Jenny. What amazing dog names 🤣. JC pup isn't really interested in other dogs, she doesn't mind them but would rather lick and chew the owners to death (she LOVES people) but she really liked Sally, they live a few doors down from us so we are going to arrange some play dates ❤

Also, JCC has some big news - me and Mr C got engaged! I'm going to be a married frau! Although we distressed Mr Cs grandparents a bit as when they asked when the wedding will be, I said we want to get the kitchen done first (the one now, though fine is v much an old person's style, our house was probate so very much decorated in the way 80 year olds like 🤣) and his grandad said 'well that's not very romantic, just make sure you get married before I die' 🤣🤣 tbh he will probably outlive us all, he is 86 and has a much more active social life than we do!!

• Heart
Reactions: 45
Good luck @Kittypops ! As others have said, remember that you are interviewing them as much as they are you too. As someone who interviews people fairly often, I would recommend checking out the STAR technique - a great way to describe experiences you've had in context, I love it when people use it, gives a deeper understanding to situations interviewers might not really understand if they aren't directly to do with the role.

Thought you guys would appreciate this, when we were walking JC pup last night we met two spaniels, their names were Sally and Jenny. What amazing dog names 🤣. JC pup isn't really interested in other dogs, she doesn't mind them but would rather lick and chew the owners to death (she LOVES people) but she really liked Sally, they live a few doors down from us so we are going to arrange some play dates ❤

Also, JCC has some big news - me and Mr C got engaged! I'm going to be a married frau! Although we distressed Mr Cs grandparents a bit as when they asked when the wedding will be, I said we want to get the kitchen done first (the one now, though fine is v much an old person's style, our house was probate so very much decorated in the way 80 year olds like 🤣) and his grandad said 'well that's not very romantic, just make sure you get married before I die' 🤣🤣 tbh he will probably outlive us all, he is 86 and has a much more active social life than we do!!
Omg congratulations you two! 💒🥳 That‘s lovely news!

• Heart
Reactions: 17
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.