Food and Drink #28

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Let me gues...the Ragdoll, right? šŸ˜‚
Spot on šŸ˜‚ my wife showed me a video of Mr Beans last night, we bought them one of those flappy battery powered fish you can get and while the others loved it he's just there backing away slowly and meeping at it. I think Ragdolls are barely cats though I love him dearly. The other Ragdoll is similar (we have a new one now, a stray we share with a neighbour, I couldnt actually tell you which one it was now I think, tho suspect that one rather than the boy because the stray is a bit skittish)

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 23
Spot on šŸ˜‚ my wife showed me a video of him last night, we bought them one of those flappy battery powered fish you can get and while the others loved it he's just there backing away slowly and meeping at it. I think Ragdolls are barely cats though I love him dearly
Oh, bless. Susan screams at the ceiling and will smell the walls sometimes. I would love to swap lives with her.

• Haha
Reactions: 28
Oh, bless. Susan screams at the ceiling and will smell the walls sometimes. I would love to swap lives with her.
There's something about the bigger fluffier breeds, I swear. Mr Beans and his ladyfriend are the same. The other two are mostly normal. Sometimes I wonder if they can see things we can't

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 19
No way Tunnelly, I found a copy of Molecular Cell Biology in the shop I went in yesterday which was one of the textbooks on my course. Biochemists around the country giving up in unison. I'd have keeled over if it was Stryer šŸ˜° if you come across a copy please softly, gently shred it for the benefit of everyone.

I'll try not to catspam but here's a great example of catmouflage. I noticed her while I was sat on the sofa (which is why she looks so far away) and fortunately not when I went to put my feet up on that chair.

View attachment 1376184
having black cats is a nightmare at times isn't it, why I chose to get a second one after how many times I almost had a heart attack at not being able to find my first one :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 22
There are never too many pictures of Sideboard Cat! She has eyes that see things, she stares into my soul.

My cat is watching Wimbledon upside down on my bed. She is not bright. She does enjoy tennis, football, rugby and F1. Forgive my hand but at least there are no dubious fingernails on display.
IMG20220628210459.jpg

• Heart
Reactions: 25
I wanted to talk about this on the MT but then thought it was too off topic and a bit me-raily. But I wish people realised that it can actually be nice being single. And sometimes just taking time to not be with anyone is a really positive thing.

Donā€™t get me wrong, Iā€™m so happy for everyone I know in happy relationships, itā€˜s a beautiful thing. But Iā€™ve been single for a couple of years now, and Iā€™m ok with it. Also my head isnā€™t in the right place just now.

Sorry, I donā€™t know where Iā€™m going with this, itā€™s just really dawned on me that ā€œsocietyā€ thinks if youā€™re not in a relationship, you must be looking for one, but thatā€™s always the case.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 40
I wanted to talk about this on the MT but then thought it was too off topic and a bit me-raily. But I wish people realised that it can actually be nice being single. And sometimes just talking time to not be with anyone is a really positive thing.

Donā€™t get me wrong, Iā€™m so happy for everyone I know in happy relationships, itā€˜s a beautiful thing. But Iā€™ve been single for a couple of years now, and Iā€™m ok with it. Also my head isnā€™t in the right place just now.

Sorry, I donā€™t know where Iā€™m going with this, itā€™s just really dawned on me that ā€œsocietyā€ thinks if youā€™re not in a relationship, you must be looking for one, but thatā€™s always the case.
No apology needed. You always express yourself so well. ā¤

I think that pairs well with the phrase ā€œyouā€™ll find love when you least expect itā€.

Why do you need to ā€œfind loveā€? Who says? Everyone navigates life differently. Some people are with one person for 50 odd years. Some people are with one person for a while, that relationship ends for whatever reason and then they are fine being on their own. Others are always on their own, others are sometimes with people, sometimes not. Why does it matter?

The MT tonight has left a horrid feeling, and then sadness from Instagram means it is just an odd night. I donā€™t know why it is horrid. Not ick, just horrid.

• Heart
I wanted to talk about this on the MT but then thought it was too off topic and a bit me-raily. But I wish people realised that it can actually be nice being single. And sometimes just talking time to not be with anyone is a really positive thing.

Exactly @Sideboard Bob, when my husband & I split I constantly got told Iā€™ll meet someone else soon and to funnily enough get myself on Tinder but as I think Iā€™ve said on here I really enjoy being single and having my little flat to myself and not having to justify treating myself to a new bath mat or an ornament.
Iā€™m actually meant to be going on a date on Friday and seriously thinking of rearranging him because itā€™s Stranger Things day, it sounds awful but Iā€™m kind of regretting accepting the offer I donā€™t think my heart is in it.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 27
No apology needed. You always express yourself so well. ā¤

I think that pairs well with the phrase ā€œyouā€™ll find love when you least expect itā€.

Why do you need to ā€œfind loveā€? Who says? Everyone navigates life differently. Some people are with one person for 50 odd years. Some people are with one person for a while, that relationship ends for whatever reason and then they are fine being on their own. Others are always on their own, others are sometimes with people, sometimes not. Why does it matter?

The MT tonight has left a horrid feeling, and then sadness from Instagram means it is just an odd night. I donā€™t know why it is horrid. Not ick, just horrid.
Thatā€™s sweet of you to say, thank you, so do you Tunnely ā¤

Thatā€™s exactly it yes! And all the situations you describe are so normal, but sometimes itā€™s not seen that way, and itā€™s a shame you know?
Iā€™m just here for everyone doing whatā€˜s right for them and delighted for anyone that finds happiness in their own way.

Ugh Iā€™m sorry to hear that, I understand about the MT, but Iā€™m sorry about the sadness from Instagram too.

Exactly @Sideboard Bob, when my husband & I split I constantly got told Iā€™ll meet someone else soon and to funnily enough get myself on Tinder but as I think Iā€™ve said on here I really enjoy being single and having my little flat to myself and not having to justify treating myself to a new bath mat or an ornament.
Iā€™m actually meant to be going on a date on Friday and seriously thinking of rearranging him because itā€™s Stranger Things day, it sounds awful but Iā€™m kind of regretting accepting the offer I donā€™t think my heart is in it.
Oh gosh yes, I can imagine itā€™s not fun hearing that, even though people who say it probably mean well.
Thatā€™s it yes, Iā€™m feel lucky to live alone (plus Bobcat)! And itā€™s so good to hear that youā€™re enjoying your life as it is just now.

He canā€™t be that good a date for you if he doesnā€™t know Friday is Stranger Things day. Imagine you explained, and he ended up being relived because he was also wanting to stay in and watch it though.

• Heart
Reactions: 20
Um, ladies, I put you out on the sparse hill because I didn't want you piling on too much weight from the richer grass in my fields.

They obviously didn't get the memo. Lady nearest the camera is Not-So-Little Nine!

20220628_222553.jpg

And hopefully my neighbour will have enough time to cut and bale this when he does his own fields next to it - should get about half my winter hay needs off this if he can :)

20220628_183324.jpg

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 32
Oh, well, if you insist on cat spam. Here she is displaying very poise, much grace.

cat tongue.jpg

Lads I'm doing a chaos again, send wasted NHS time-os. The side effects from my new medication I was confident would go in another week did not go so I'm back on my old medication. I'm only joking about wasted NHS time as I still obviously wasn't well and needed help but I do feel a bit silly and very, very sweaty. My fingertips are visibly glistening, so that's nice. On the plus side I've nearly finished a little microslop drum & bass version of Landslide. I capped it at 1:45 because nobody asked for it and, let's face it, nobody wants it šŸ˜‚

You're right Sidey B. Sometimes people end up defined by their partner or lack of, maybe there's a general perception (especially for over 30s) that if you're single you must be in some way defective? Fortunately I don't feel under any pressure to be in a relationship although I want one eventually, I'm also quite clearly not in the right space for it now either. Ultimately it's a good thing for people to be comfortable by themselves and not rely on being made complete by another person. Sorry if this didn't make sense.

• Heart
Reactions: 38
I was extremely happy being single for years. Watching friends go through the grind of dating apps and constant first dates looks exhausting and demoralising for the most part. I decided ages ago not to actively look for a relationship and that suited me fine.

(Mr Pixie was a literal love-at-first-sight situation for me, though I'd never inflate his ego by telling him that :ROFLMAO: I still didn't pursue him though - he made a move several months after we met and I was so surprised that my feelings were reciprocated that I decided to give things a go)

• Heart
Reactions: 27
He canā€™t be that good a date for you if he doesnā€™t know Friday is Stranger Things day. Imagine you explained, and he ended up being relived because he was also wanting to stay in and watch it though.
He doesnā€™t watch, I think Iā€™ve found the only person on the planet who doesnā€™t watch it.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 19
Until recently , I had been happily single ( with the odd casual thing ) for 10 years . Then I started going on a few dates with a few people , and one of them is worth giving up my happy single life for . That said , itā€™s very early days, he hasnā€™t properly met my kids yet, nor me his , and although we have both said we want to see where it goes, I wouldnā€™t be heartbroken if it all fizzles out , and I end up single for another 10 years .

in contrast, one of the other people i was seeing before oh ( šŸ¤®) and I became exclusive, had bounced from relationship to relationship since she was 21 , and pretty much was the walking lesbian stereotype of planning the names of our new fur babys, and if we would move in to her place or mine by the end of the first date .

• Heart
Sidey T, would you please congratulate the Pet Slop Boys on their epic Glastonbury set at the weekend next time they're in your studio?

• Haha
Oh, well, if you insist on cat spam. Here she is displaying very poise, much grace.

View attachment 1376996

Lads I'm doing a chaos again, send wasted NHS time-os. The side effects from my new medication I was confident would go in another week did not go so I'm back on my old medication. I'm only joking about wasted NHS time as I still obviously wasn't well and needed help but I do feel a bit silly and very, very sweaty. My fingertips are visibly glistening, so that's nice. On the plus side I've nearly finished a little microslop drum & bass version of Landslide. I capped it at 1:45 because nobody asked for it and, let's face it, nobody wants it šŸ˜‚

You're right Sidey B. Sometimes people end up defined by their partner or lack of, maybe there's a general perception (especially for over 30s) that if you're single you must be in some way defective? Fortunately I don't feel under any pressure to be in a relationship although I want one eventually, I'm also quite clearly not in the right space for it now either. Ultimately it's a good thing for people to be comfortable by themselves and not rely on being made complete by another person. Sorry if this didn't make sense.
Ugh I hope you feel better soon. I want to hear your microslop!!!

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.