Food and Drink #28

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I hope you all don’t mind if I share an early #fact? It’s to celebrate that on this day 25 years ago (😮), the Prodigy realised The Fat Of The Land. I love that album, and found a fact about a sampling chaos.

The Prodigy sampled a song on the album by The Jedi Knights. The Jedi Knights found out and tried to sue them.

However, Liam Howlett had chosen this sample because he knew Jedi Knights had actually sampled it from another record, without permission! So the Prodigy’s record label had bought the rights for the original sample, and in turn, threatened to sue The Jedi Knights.
To add to the chaos, GEORGE LUCAS then ended up suing The Jedi Knights for the use of their name!
I ❤ facts

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 18
20220627_074601.jpg

This is Pickle dog. She was chucked out of a car in our little village nearly four years ago and is a darling but those teef 😁

• Heart
Reactions: 43
I’m late on the catch up but just to echo what everyone else has already said @Into_the_tunnel you never come across as anything but genuine in your posts.
@Toffee finger I hope you feel better soon.
And I love all the canal pets they’re all gorgeous.

• Heart
Reactions: 23
Hey Canal!
I’ve had a very bad day, if I’m honest my self confidence is rock bottom right now.
I would absolutely love some cheering up, plz send cattos or doggos.
In the mean time have some bonus Cece
F984AE73-0813-478B-AEF2-CCA7759BCB05.jpeg

• Heart
Reactions: 38
@MistyWindows i can’t even see my post now lol
Sorry I’m not helping here am I ! Any here it is or maybe this is a third video exactly the same as the other two . WFK

Attachments

• Heart
Reactions: 16
I’ve been to a Royal show 🔺 and saw lots of sheepos….amongst other animalos.

Apologies @Falkor I wasn’t paying a lot of attention to breeds but this one made me think of Badger:

BCC945D2-869E-4FEA-A731-6395A7E4FF17.jpeg

Then there was this sheep….I’m really sorry but it made me think of a cow in terms of its head 🐮🐑

BE176632-0468-4C36-A108-7B57ADBCB675.jpeg

There were so many breeds/varieties of sheep:

30B90EEA-9075-4046-A0E6-A7009610AE2A.jpeg

This one made me think of the sheep from the Usbourne books Farmyard Tales:
06C1BD97-EA10-4627-9017-EE72414C6554.jpeg

The picture does not do justice as to how much of a unit this sheep was.
8B6D6439-2389-42B2-86D1-9C8AAEF74095.jpeg

I love these sheep - behind are some (sorry photo doesn’t show how much) that are so yellow in colour.
A5BB65D7-BA9C-4B52-B6AB-A5309B10D5D5.jpeg

I love the fringes on these two!
23482642-B55F-48F3-A7E2-50DCC6317E57.jpeg

Also pigs…..can we add pigs into the fold? Little Beds imaginatively named this one ‘Grunty’
1CED73C8-1FA0-4C97-94AB-25C0F2B89868.jpeg

• Heart
Reactions: 30
This is a long-shot but does anyone remember a children’s book (maybe from the 50s or 60s?) where a little girl had a treasure box?

It was filled with things like a tiny music box, a little kaleidoscope, shiny buttons, maybe a little doll? It was so cute! I remember loving all the details as a kid. I can’t even remember if the treasure box was the main story or just part of it.
I am WAY behind as I save this thread for when I have time to fully catch up properly, so apologies if this has been answered, but are you thinking of My Naughty Little Sister?

In the story where she gets measles Mrs Cocoa Jones brings a get better box to her that definitely has at least some if not all of those things in it (and I also remember a length of sparkly material from a real pantomime fairy’s dress!)

• Heart
Reactions: 14
IMG_20220629_101454.jpg
Mine desperately need a bath but I am delegating that job to someone else in the family 😂
I feel so guilty washing the dog. He makes a half hearted attempt to run away when he sees the lead (arthritis) but then just gives in. The look of absolute defeated resignation on his face is both sad and hilarious. Here's him in his favourite place instead, his pile of cushions (there's three more out of shot)

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 33
View attachment 1382611
I feel so guilty washing the dog. He makes a half hearted attempt to run away when he sees the lead (arthritis) but then just gives in. The look of absolute defeated resignation on his face is both sad and hilarious. Here's him in his favourite place instead, his pile of cushions (there's three more out of shot)
Awww, I love elderly pets. He looks so sweet.
I had to take Pooh to the vet today (he's fine, got some antibiotics for a cough) and there was a puppy there called Douglas.
Douglas, I was trying so hard not to laugh.

• Heart
Reactions: 26
I am WAY behind as I save this thread for when I have time to fully catch up properly, so apologies if this has been answered, but are you thinking of My Naughty Little Sister?

In the story where she gets measles Mrs Cocoa Jones brings a get better box to her that definitely has at least some if not all of those things in it (and I also remember a length of sparkly material from a real pantomime fairy’s dress!)
We figured it out, but still, thank you!! Omg I’d forgotten about the sparkly material. I loved all those little details.

Awww, I love elderly pets. He looks so sweet.
I had to take Pooh to the vet today (he's fine, got some antibiotics for a cough) and there was a puppy there called Douglas.
Douglas, I was trying so hard not to laugh.
Doug the dug! 🐶

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 13
View attachment 1382611
I see these videos on the internet with dogs loving their life when they are being washed and wonder where it all went wrong. He is beautiful though. Floppy ears of love.

( I got into a humdinger on another thread yesterday. Got told I was virtue signalling, was lying when I said I did psychology as a career and they signed off with- after looking at my posting history- implying I couldn’t do anything else because I was on here too much. Deleted now obviously 🥺)

Toffee Finger - is your covid improving?

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 25
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.