Food and Drink #28

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I can't speak to alcoholism, and I've only just started on my Anonymous journey, but all the love @Jay-cloth Cow. I don't know what I'd do in that situation, either (all the fraus here have such wise advice) but I'll be thinking of you ♥

• Heart
Reactions: 24
@Jay-cloth Cow that is a massive and scary burden to carry around. With my work hat on I'd have a duty to tell someone in that setting,because of the risk of harm to your friend. My gut says it's worth risking the friendship if telling her boyfriend means she'd have to look at her behaviour.
Sending hugs

• Heart
Reactions: 23
@Jay-cloth Cow I get that your friend is your priority just now, but please make sure you look out for yourself too, it can’t be easy seeing someone you care about going through that.

Like others have said, you’re a wonderful and considerate friend and she is lucky to have you looking out for her.

• Heart
Reactions: 23
Lads I almost forgot to celebrate Sideboard Cat's seven year adoptaversary! I can't remember which photo I shared before of her when she was a kitten so you might be getting recycled material. I think she was 12 weeks old here? How was that seven years ago (obviously I know how, relentless linear passage of time etc.)

tiny sideboard cat.jpg

• Heart
Reactions: 40
Lads I almost forgot to celebrate Sideboard Cat's seven year adoptaversary! I can't remember which photo I shared before of her when she was a kitten so you might be getting recycled material. I think she was 12 weeks old here? How was that seven years ago (obviously I know how, relentless linear passage of time etc.)

View attachment 1402019
Happy adoptaversary beautiful Sideboard Cat 🐈😻🎉 I hope you’re having a lovely day, being very sweet to your owner and having fun with your funny toys!

Also sorry for the double post but

Just want to say @Into_the_tunnel I hope you’re ok. You don’t have to respond or anything, it’s just that I know JM’s words (understandably) got to you the other day.

Thinking of you lovely, and I really hope you’re being kind to yourself.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 27

View attachment 1402019
What a cutie!

I managed to get interviews for both jobs I applied for, please send good luckeroos for next week please 🤞

• Heart
Reactions: 29
Happy adoptaversary beautiful Sideboard Cat 🐈😻🎉 I hope you’re having a lovely day, being very sweet to your owner and having fun with your funny toys!

Also sorry for the double post but

Just want to say @Into_the_tunnel I hope you’re ok. You don’t have to respond or anything, it’s just that I know JM’s words (understandably) got to you the other day.

Thinking of you lovely, and I really hope you’re being kind to yourself.
Thank you❤. Sending the biggest hug xxx

Please don’t reply to this, I really don’t want a derail like before. Her comments were too much and I saw my username mentioned on Twitter and I got really angry. For Silver, for the repeated crossover, for just everything. I had my account set up for deletion but have thought better of it, time away is probably best.

You are all fab. Hugs to those who are finding things hard. JM can moan about Rishmate now ❤.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 30
Going to spend a bit of proper time reading everyone's comments here today (addiction frau).

In the meantime, I had these today - M&S, FANCY - (see picture), their name made me 🦉🍾 wish I'd thought to take a photo of them in the packet because, reader, they weren't square...

❤ To all, lots and lots of ❤

Attachments

• Heart
Reactions: 20
still need to catch up here ❤ to anyone who needs it

if, like me, anyone else misses the old real cheese niknaks from our childhoods,
20220708_214040.jpg
these are pretty close

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 24
@kachoochoo you really are living the dream, in the house of four cats, AND the niknak replacements!

I saw this and thought of here, Tor dot com has a series of reading over all the Point Horror classics!

It’s also a really great website for anyone who’s into sci-fi and fantasy.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
They look just like Twisties! Do you have Twisties o'er there?
PS love your nail polish colour.

thank you! it's revolution. don't know if you get revolution in the upside down, sali hughes might know

sorry, I don't know about twisties but I was referring to an old snack that used to come in better flavours

if twisties are corn-based knobbly things, then yes. like the knobbly versions of cheetos. they're called niknaks in the UK and when I was a kid, there was a better version of the cheese flavoured option. the "real cheese" flavour hasn't existed for many years, but it was my favourite when I was little so I just wanted to share something similar ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 16
still need to catch up here ❤ to anyone who needs it

if, like me, anyone else misses the old real cheese niknaks from our childhoods, View attachment 1402767these are pretty close
Oh my days those look amazing!
I’ll be honest tho, Nic ‘n’ Spicy Niknaks raine supreme for me.
Flaming Hot Cheetos are my absolute favourite but I can only ever find the bullshit ‘jumbo twirl’ ones in the UK! #sendcheetos

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 12
Flaming Hot Cheetos are my absolute favourite but I can only ever find the bullshit ‘jumbo twirl’ ones in the UK! #sendcheetos
Petrol stations and vending machines are the only places I can get them! Flaming Hot Cheetos sustain me at work some days.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 16
We had Niknaks in South Africa when I was growing up, and they were a real SA thing. I have now gone down a Niknak-shaped rabbithole and discovered that they are completely different from British Niknaks, and there have been legal battles to stop them being imported into the UK due to the name (apparently the British ones are Nik Naks and SA are Niknaks).

Sometimes I read tit like this and worry that this nugget of utterly irrelevant information has just pushed something more potentially useful out of my brain forever (goodbye cosine rule).

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 20
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.