Food and Drink #28

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
FWIW I always appreciate your contributions. You come across as a genuinely kind, decent person when you highlight your concerns about Jack, and you're also so very knowledgeable on so many things.

I would tell you to please never think twice before posting, but that would be denying your thoughtful nature, which is one of the reasons your posts are so valuable.
Totally agree CL!

@Into_the_tunnel I never think you come across as naive, you often post things that offer a different perspective, which always makes me (and I’m sure others) think.

I love it when people aren’t afraid to say “hang on a minute, maybe we‘re missing something/we‘ve got this wrong/ etc“.

@Silver Linings is great for that too, we’ve not forgotten you lovely x

• Heart
Reactions: 32
I always appreciate your posts @Into_the_tunnel and you are articulate & polite.

I have learnt a lot from the threads, and am still learning more. It's hard sometimes to get over a good point, but so many of you manage it. I like to think it's made me more empathetic and more rounded in my views.

I have sporadically looked at other threads, and wow, some posters are really strong with opinions or often downright rude. I've only ever posted on this and the MT for fear of attack!

And please, more Tunnel Dog! I love her hair so much, she can rock any style. I really do enjoy seeing all the pets - although I will admit I like mammals and have mild reptile phobias...

• Heart
Reactions: 24
Thank you. ❤ It’s just been a weird few days, exacerbated by the MT. It is also difficult to express oneself without hurting or annoying others- I don’t want to always come across as the “naive one” or the one who continually bangs the same drum.

(Hotes, thinking of you and Traumy S-piddly weights came into the shop- it’s like we are selling stuff for you, obviously not the piddly bit, I mean the weights!)
I really like your posts. I find them very thoughtfully put across and insightful. Also bang on side splitting funny - don’t stop.

I guess what I’m trying to say is ~thankyou for all that you do~ 🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰
😜

Thank you. ❤ It’s just been a weird few days, exacerbated by the MT. It is also difficult to express oneself without hurting or annoying others- I don’t want to always come across as the “naive one” or the one who continually bangs the same drum.

(Hotes, thinking of you and Traumy S-piddly weights came into the shop- it’s like we are selling stuff for you, obviously not the piddly bit, I mean the weights!)
I really like your posts. I find them very thoughtfully put across and insightful. Also bang on side splitting funny - don’t stop.

😜

😜

😜
Oh chaos!
So good I said it twice

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 25
Agree with @Orphan_Black that Lacura is fab. Their eyeshadow palettes are great Urban Decay dupes too.

If you only do one thing for your skin, make sure it's apply SPF every day. I do this every morning and moisturise with Lacura Q10 cream at night. I also use Paula's Choice Salicylic Acid as I get a lot of sebum build up. But aside from makeup remover that's it. Any more steps and I know I won't follow them.

Also - hi everyone 👋 Been following along.

Thoughts are with you @HotesTilaire at the mo xxx
So behind still catching up sorry but so glad you said this - the only essential thing is a daily SPF. It’s preventative and can also reverse sun damage apparently! The rest is just a nice to have 🙏🏻

Well done on driving TS you’re a champion, sending love Hotes. See you in 6 pages 😱

Ps earlier was looking for a grey Calvin Klein bralet and thought of this thread ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 19
Thank you all- here is a pic of tunnel dog looking like I haven’t given her enough love for the day. Obviously I have.

AA1B2F2B-90E7-490F-B232-E789B8F4EC13.jpeg

• Heart
Reactions: 41
Awww, look at that face! Why do dogs have such manipulative eyes? And the mop. The mop gets me every time.

• Heart
Reactions: 20
Awww, look at that face! Why do dogs have such manipulative eyes? And the mop. The mop gets me every time.
That mop prevents me doing anything other than cuddling her most of the time. She’s just stolen my my handkerchief* and is twirling it around her head.

* I know this sounds posh but I get fed up with sneezing into tissues.

• Heart
  • Haha
@Into_the_tunnel You’re definitely not annoying. I always find your posts thoughtful and interesting. Plus tunnel dog is a legend!

I still have covid and somehow feel worse today even though it should be done by now. Please send covid go away-os!

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 25
@Into_the_tunnel You’re definitely not annoying. I always find your posts thoughtful and interesting. Plus tunnel dog is a legend!

I still have covid and somehow feel worse today even though it should be done by now. Please send covid go away-os!
Sending away os. Heard it isn’t nice at the moment. Mrs T has lots off at school.

Felicity Cloake of Wilf fame has it too. I might treat myself and go and get her book in hardback today. Just because it’s been an odd few weeks and her writing is always therapeutic.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
I have Richard E Grant and Bob Odenkirk’s books on my wish list at the moment so I’m contemplating buying one of those to cheer myself up. I haven’t read anything from Felicity Cloake but the cover of One More Croissant For The Road looks lovely so that may have to go in my basket too!

• Heart
Reactions: 15
That mop prevents me doing anything other than cuddling her most of the time. She’s just stolen my my handkerchief* and is twirling it around her head.

* I know this sounds posh but I get fed up with sneezing into tissues.
Proper handerkerchiefs are one of life's small luxuries, plus they remind me of one of the nicest people I ever worked with - he always seemed to have a pristine spare to hand over if someone else needed one (the job occasionally involved tears). (Not hugely triangulating, such a lot of jobs do!)

• Heart
Reactions: 22
Damn made a decision to buy Richard’s and then realised it isn’t out until September. My brain was thinking Sept 29th was yesterday 🤦🏻‍♀️

• Sad
Reactions: 14
Dodged a bullet peeps.

The Alanis concert that we didn’t book years ago because it was
a) on a school night
b) too expensive
c) involved going out of the NE and doing normal things

was cancelled. Gig gods telling us to sit at home, watch Lorraine and never leave the NE again.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 23
6DC1EC45-2230-4E61-B0DA-656A8DE498CF.jpeg
Just posting a picture of this for anyone who needs it. Been an odd day.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 35
Get well soon @Toffee finger have you tried a kipper, or maybe going on a yomping tour of your local chippers?

I'd never be able to resist Tunnel Dog's eyes :love: My mum experienced the same thing with Sideboard Cat who has come home very spoiled and looking a bit chonkier than when she left.

Has anyone seen Thomasina Miers' most recent book Meat-Free Mexican? It looks good, I might take a trip to this quaint smol independent book shop called Waterstones tomorrow.

• Heart
I hope you all don’t mind if I share an early #fact? It’s to celebrate that on this day 25 years ago (😮), the Prodigy realised The Fat Of The Land. I love that album, and found a fact about a sampling chaos.

The Prodigy sampled a song on the album by The Jedi Knights. The Jedi Knights found out and tried to sue them.

However, Liam Howlett had chosen this sample because he knew Jedi Knights had actually sampled it from another record, without permission! So the Prodigy’s record label had bought the rights for the original sample, and in turn, threatened to sue The Jedi Knights.
To add to the chaos, GEORGE LUCAS then ended up suing The Jedi Knights for the use of their name!

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 31
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.