Food and Drink #28

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Hello everyone! I definitely do not want to distract from the @kachoochoo cat in question so have been avoiding posting for a few hours 😅 do not want a Jack like Elevenife! More like a joint happy/sad post hopefully?
It was my birthday yesterday! (As in 03/07), honestly it was a hard day because it was my first without my elderly dog and my (supposed OH (yuck)).
I shall attach my beloved below, I had her for eighteen years, I was very attached to her from a young age and this ‘anniversary’ felt very strange to me!
2F7123F4-5A26-4F39-9F17-431FDE88D546.jpeg

75384DB4-158F-4284-B577-F993F603253A.jpeg

And it has been a bitter sweet day. I had a good morning with my mum and sister, my best friend then came over, but I’m still sad? I know how privileged that will sound (she was a dog not a human, I know a lot about human loss too) but Jesus Christ, I miss her so much and it’s played on me all day.
can anyone else relate? I’m so sorry if it’s triggering.

• Heart
Reactions: 46
Hello everyone! I definitely do not want to distract from the @kachoochoo cat in question so have been avoiding posting for a few hours 😅 do not want a Jack like Elevenife! More like a joint happy/sad post hopefully?
It was my birthday yesterday! (As in 03/07), honestly it was a hard day because it was my first without my elderly dog and my (supposed OH (yuck)).
I shall attach my beloved below, I had her for eighteen years, I was very attached to her from a young age and this ‘anniversary’ felt very strange to me!
View attachment 1390369
View attachment 1390372
And it has been a bitter sweet day. I had a good morning with my mum and sister, my best friend then came over, but I’m still sad? I know how privileged that will sound (she was a dog not a human, I know a lot about human loss too) but Jesus Christ, I miss her so much and it’s played on me all day.
I can relate for sure, my fellow Cancerian! Happy birthday for the 3rd. ♥
18 years is a long time, especially when you have such a close relationship.

• Heart
Reactions: 22
I can relate for sure, my fellow Cancerian! Happy birthday for the 3rd. ♥
18 years is a long time, especially when you have such a close relationship.
Thank you so much my lovey!
yeah it’s very weird even to talk about after she’s been gone for nearly a year.
I hope you’re all good down under 🤍

• Heart
Reactions: 17
What a beautiful, beautiful little Doggo @MistyWindows! Our lovely vet had to put our lovely elderly rescue cat to sleep a three years ago next week because she had kidney failure. I still tear up when I think about her and I still miss her lying against the back of my legs in bed sometimes as every night that’s where she’d sleep. I’m sure anyone who’s lost a beloved pet can relate. It’s hard, especially after eighteen years. It’s wonderful to have had that time with them, but it hurts like duck when they’re gone.

Here she is tucked behind me in her little leg nook, on the sofa this time ❤
22CDDC69-5E69-469B-A3FA-2B95BF31C5A0.jpeg

Sending pre-Independence Day huggos to you, and happy birthday-os from the US of A where it’s still your birthday. x 🇺🇸 ❤ 🎂

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 26
View attachment 1390369
View attachment 1390372
Happy birthday for yesterday. It was nice you had some time with family and you friend ❤.

She looks so lovely and I am so sorry for your loss. You might have see I spoke about pet loss earlier in the thread and referenced someone called Emma Nicolet. She lost her dog about 20 months ago and although she recently got a new rescue, regularly cries on Instagram about her old dog.

Personally, I think it is really important to normalise the grief around losing a pet. It can be so raw and felt for years after the event. You had her for 18 years, no wonder you feel it so deeply. We still cry over tunnel cat.

When I think about things like this, I remember we have our pets for all of their lives but only some of ours. We have to make their lives as good and full as possible.

Here is tunnel cat, living what he thought was his best life.

00E7797D-87B7-40E6-8ABF-157BBF5F4ECA.jpeg

• Heart
Reactions: 33
Belated happy birthdays, Sweety T and MistyWindows. I don't think it sounds privileged at all to be sad about losing a pet, grief is grief and they really are like part of the family, especially when you've had them for so long.

jordishaw, your post about the candle from the other day made me well up a bit, and I'm not normally an emotional person at all. What a beautiful way to express your feelings and I'm so sorry for your loss ♥

I've been incredibly fortunate in that so far in my life I haven't lost anyone I loved before their time, so to speak, though it's been a close call on a few occasions. It's not something I take for granted and knowing it's a possibility is a perpetual fear in the back of my mind. I'm forever telling people how much I love them to the point where I probably sound mildly unhinged, but I'd so much rather be sure that they know, than try to play it cool and risk ever having to live with the regret.

I had a lovely day yesterday - some very good friends who I haven't seen for years as they live abroad turned up unexpectedly and took me out for a pub tea, then we came back to mine and chilled with coffee and just chatted for ages, and it felt like we hadn't spent any time apart. I totally adore them both - they're just the coolest people, and years ago they helped me turn my life around when I was in a really dark place, so I feel massively indebted to them (although if they heard me say that they'd tell me not to be daft!) It was the perfect way to end five days of not being able to see anyone.
View attachment 1382611
I feel so guilty washing the dog. He makes a half hearted attempt to run away when he sees the lead (arthritis) but then just gives in. The look of absolute defeated resignation on his face is both sad and hilarious. Here's him in his favourite place instead, his pile of cushions (there's three more out of shot)
A former housemate had a Maine Coon and we had to shower him once when he got fleas. He was NOT happy 😂 The results were hilarious - with all the floof flattened down he looked like an almost normal-sized cat stuck on top of reeeeally long stilts!

• Heart
Reactions: 25
May I call upon the might of the ninnies today?

I have a job interview this morning for something I really, really want to get.

With the power of the fraus standing shoulder-to-shoulder with me, a mere simple kitten, I would feel able to shine and be the best version of myself.

I'm really nervous, typing this from the bath, unable to read my research notes one more time.

Thankyou

• Heart
Reactions: 43

With the power of the fraus standing shoulder-to-shoulder with me, a mere simple kitten, I would feel able to shine and be the best version of myself.

I'm really nervous, typing this from the bath, unable to read my research notes one more time.

Thankyou
The power of Mariska compels you

• Heart
Reactions: 24

Thankyou
Omg you can do it / you’ve got this! 💪🏻💪🏻 Re reading research notes - it’s like an exam sometimes there’s more value to be had in a break and bit of relaxation beforehand than cramming more in & stressing yourself out. You know your stuff & now it’s just about getting it out there! Let us know how it goes dear heart 🙏🏻✨ Also remember it’s as much about you making sure you like the job, company, and colleagues as it is them assessing you for the role! And make sure you do something lovely for yourself afterwards as it’s a surprisingly high stress event!

• Heart
Reactions: 31

Thankyou

Honestly, you lot are ♥

• Heart
Reactions: 19
Good luck @Kittypops. I second the always wise emoji queen HTRIA - try and remember it's about you checking the fit for you as well as them assessing you. Plenty of jobs look amazing on paper, but you are there to check out the vibe too. Agree on it now being time to take a breath and make sure you have everything ready. You aren't going to significantly change where you're at in your readiness now, and I'm sure you are ready, so the best thing you can do for yourself is to make sure you're feeling as calm as you can be when you go in. You know your stuff, so just try and enjoy talking about it.

You lot are all lovely btw - I might have had a tear in my eye during that grunk. x

• Heart
Reactions: 29

Thankyou
YOU CAN DO IT 💪💪💪

• Heart
Reactions: 19

Thankyou
Best of luck @Kittypops - sending positive vibes from the universe from Universal ❤
Please let us know how it goes.

• Heart
Reactions: 22
@Kittypops I don’t have the ability to time travel (yet)* so unfortunately missed being able to wish you pre-interview good luck, but I hope it went well for you this morning and you’re chilling a bit now it’s over.

*Send Deloreanos and Doc Brownos

The power of Mariska compels you
i LOVE that! I watch SVU as even with all the “especially heinous” crime, there’s Olivia Benson. She’s just so very comforting. Lovely Liv Benson, and all is right with the world. (I also enjoy Carisi’s grey hair, but that’s a different matter).

• Heart
Reactions: 17

Thankyou
I really hope you get it too lovely one! From my experience, any decent employer knows how scary interviews are and takes that into account! If not they’re a twit to be honest 😂
7BDBE5BC-C478-48C8-9AB1-814596555F3C.jpeg

In terms of pet death, this quote has always stuck with me a lot 🤍

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 27
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.