Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

IReportedJosie

Did we all hear this right?
Hey everyone,

I am the girl who emailed Mirabeau about Josie. I just wanted to say thanks for all the support. I have not gotten any hate mail, just dozens of messages reiterating that others agreed with me. At this point it is clear Mirabeau does not care. Both Josie and Mirabeau will continue to behave unprofessionally.

Since Josie has tried to make me famous, I just want to know when I should be on the look out for the paparazzi?!

• Heart
Reactions: 38
Bum! I actually posted this on other thread. Things have moved fast.
Hi Guys, we have had a nasty lurgy in the house or maybe THE Lurgy, who know's, they aren't testing.
Anyway, what have I missed? I feel cheeky asking but really don't have time to catch up and there has been a huge amount of pages. I caught up on the latest 2 videos this morning.
Hope everyone else is well!
Well... where do we start:
  • Her mother has morphed into a ghost and there's been sightings in and around the cotswolds
  • Charlie's sister has broken lockdown rules and visited the new house. She's very 'instagram vs reality'
  • Charlie is now an expert in gardening. And wooden spoons
  • The dogs are pissing all over the house
  • They've killed all their plants
  • They've begged for every appliance and piece of furniture under the sun
  • They've painted the lawn in white gloss
  • Charlie seems to be stuck in a pair of pink shorts and sleeps in the dog basket
  • They've bought appliances that would be better placed on the international space station
  • They want to be parents to ducks. Eventually.
  • They have no furniture

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 28
My thoughts on WE NEED TO TALK

Josie is clearly a very black and white thinker. She has been held to account by comments on the lockdown and sustainability (i.e. social issues affecting everyone) and rather than addressing them in a calm and mature way, has decided to mobilise her Aga Army into defending her.

Some observations:

Firstly, she confuses accountability with negativity. She has little capacity to recognise that most of the recent comments - the ones I’ve certainly seen - have actually been made in the spirit of constructive criticism. It IS reckless to mix households during a global pandemic. It IS confusing to her audience that she promotes the constant consumption of plastic clothes yet publicly shames Amazon and Waitrose for using excess packaging. Ironically, constructive criticism is the very thing she endorses as an acceptable form of commenting on her channel (see point 4).

Secondly, she lazily jumps on the ‘haters gonna hate’ bandwagon to deflect her bad behaviour and shut down accountability. This is, of course, picked up by her Aga Army who have come out in force with basic drivel about negative commenters being ‘haters’ or ‘trolls’ who are always ‘sad’, ‘rude’ or ‘jealous’. Back to that black and white thinking I was talking about. In fact, I’m going to research the academic literature on how influencers deflect accountability by hiding behind the “haters gonna hate” narrative. It’s a clever tactic and one I think is also adopted by Meghan Markle.

Thirdly, she thinks people who hold her to account on social issues of great importance have nastiness inside them. She seems to think that she makes us feel negative and that causes us to be negative towards her. Like she’s my negativity conduit or something….? No Josie, you have a platform designed to influence people. You have a responsibility to act in a sensible and law abiding way. You have been breaking lockdown rules. You are being disingenuous and dishonest and breaking the law. You deserve to be held to account. That is not nastiness.

Fourthly, she says she is happy to receive constructive criticism if she has said something stupid or done something stupid. She says she’ll acknowledge it and wont delete the comments. Well, we clearly have different views about what stupid is 🤷‍♀️ because she has been utterly stupid by breaking lockdown rules.

Finally, on the topic of the pandemic and her breaking lockdown rules: living with a pandemic isn’t about making decisions that are the best for your family and loved ones, as she says. It’s about making sacrifices so we can help others who are less fortunate. It’s about having care for everyone, not just yourself. Her attitude reeks of privilege. I won’t go on.

• Heart
Reactions: 27

PettyBettyBoop

VIP Member
Oh NO NO NO.....this one ..can it be real? If it is she was caught in one of the scams that abound these days.She will never ever see the $50 million or the funds she had to advance to them....Hyacinth Love, if you see this do be careful...the world is sadly full of cheaters in one form or another.

I hope so ! But the ice cube bit wont be noticed by Josie ...... I am sure she will congratulate Hyacinth and fume that she "gets" $50 mill lol...as if.
When you troll you troll 😂

Guys I wrote this. LOL i always get weird emails from unknown supposed relatives that I inherited over 500 million dollars. I wanted to troll and talk about the ice cubes and how relative the Secret is in helping things just pop up in the middle of thin air lol

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 24

Hilary

I don’t think alcohol should be advertised on Instagram. There’s too many young easily influenced people on there and the audience is mainly young. Even if you’re not a follower the posts often show up in sponsored posts. This isn’t just based at Josie but if she had first hand experienced the hurt, devastation and ruin that alcohol causes she would not advertise & promote it. How can you use it as a valid reason to break lockdown rules on one hand but then promote it on the other? It’s a massive trigger for so many people who are trying avoid it. All these pretty pink strong wines in pretty pink glasses, sipping away in pretty pink clothes in the countryside is glamourising alcoholic. It sells the idea that drinking this wine will make you successful & posh like your favourite influencer & have a little piece of the perfect instagram life they show, ‘drink this wine and you can be like me’! The truth for many couldn’t be further from this.

Last edited:
  • Heart

Iris1969

VIP Member
I don't live in the Cotswolds but do live in the country. The farmers are the bloodline, the heartbeat and the clock. If you were a hermit with no technology, you would know exactly what week of the year it was by what was going on in the fields.
There is a lot of goodwill in the country in bad weather, death or tragedy that's all we have got to rely on....goodwill. Josie could lose that.
I feel personally affronted for that farmer because of her public humiliation.
Breathe Appleblossom, feckin breathe!
What she hasnt thought about is that because of the info she has put online that poor farmer could be named in 10 minutes! Not that anyone here would do that but others could and that is sh1tty.
Who in their right mind moves to their forever home and publicly insults their neighbour within the first month of living next to them?

Doesn't she know how tight-knitted these rural communities are and how hard it is to fit in, especially when you are a townie? 🥴

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha
I grew up with AGA in my parents house and never really gave it a second thought. We also just referred to putting something in the oven, like using the word hoover instead of saying 'just going to dyson the house'. I've been taking a shot everytime she uses the word AGA and I've only just sobered up enough to type this

• Haha
  • Heart

Iloveflowers

I am very sorry for anybody who has difficult family circumstances. Probably nobody on this site (or anywhere) has a "perfect" life. Many have to deal with depression, alcoholism, unemployment, poverty - the list is so long ... However, the rules laid down by our government under the current Covid pandemic are the same for all ... Do not break lockdown, stay at home, do not go into the house of another person. Regardless of the individual circumstances of anybody, that is the message. Josie and Charlie broke this rule and are trying to excuse it. It's not a case of being adult enough of make their own decisions ... it's against the law.

• Heart
Reactions: 23

pearandfreesia

First time poster.

If she says "area of outstanding natural beauty" one more time, I might jump off the roof. I grew up near where she lives and know the area like the back of my hand. Her particular area / village is known locally for being full of strange, inbred backwards people and is generally avoided. Some of the local area is pretty rough and run down. The surrounding countryside is very, very generic English and would only take your breath away if you've never seen a tree before.

I know from speaking to a couple of friends that people locally have looked them up online and are perplexed / laughing.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 23

PettyBettyBoop

VIP Member
Wow Josie your monologue was so inspiring that I cried not seeing an Amazon link to the book- The Secret.why?? I wanted to make you slightly richer because I think you deserve it. I want you to always be rich and make content. Always. I want to see all your shopping sprees, you’re hauls, your ADs, you surpassing regulations and just live with no backlash. Thank you for the advice about thinking positive. I want to see you always do what you say not our actions. Please censor us from that. You are 💯 on the ball. Being bullied by being called a hypocrite or acknowledging certain things not being right is right on the ball. Im sorry we shouldn’t ever have to voice our hurtful opinions. You don’t deserve that. I’m sorry you haven’t experienced waking up each day scared for your life because someone has decided on the daily to destroy you character, accuse you of false things, impersonate you so badly that you’ve gotten death threats and even at a point contemplating suicide. So glad your definition of bullying is so simple. I’m so happy you are happy.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 21

Iris1969

VIP Member
I wonder if Busty has seen the one photo of her with no makeup on in the leggings bahahahhaha
Hi Scarlett 😂

20200526_221330.jpg

Ok Scarlett, do you really want to challege us?

Let's talk about the Zimmermann scam, the stealing of other people's content, the smearing of a neighbouring farmer, the smearing of a follower who was right about Josie's alcohol promotion, Josie who is constantly failing to disclose ads, gifts, vouchers and sponsorships, the lockdown rules that were broken....

Do you want me to go on?

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 21

Alightened

VIP Member
Bloody hell she boils my piss😡😡. Sitting there in her car with that condescending, supercilious look on her shiny face talking about the universe and The Secret bringing her everything she wants because she puts out good vibes and therefore she receives. NO, you beg online for stuff love, there's a big difference. In fact, you beg so much in your vlogs you might as well sit on a bench in your oh so gorgeous village with a bloody begging bowl😏

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 20

beautyblogger123

VIP Member
Truly, her little rant was the equivalent of a toddler stamping her feet.
There is no discussion, there is no talk. There is Josie, playing a part demanding we all worship at the designer-shoe clad feet.
Here's a thought J - perhaps people aren't as dumb as you wish they were, perhaps they see through your fake floral facade. Instead of a sophisticated, successful gal boss, all I see is some emotionally-stunted show-off who can't bear to stop showing off despite tens of thousands of people dying in your own country. This isn't a case of hate or trolling, it's a case of getting called out.

• Haha
  • Heart

beautyblogger123

VIP Member
Did anyone else get irrationally angry when she's complaining about working 'hard'??
You've JUST moved into a nearly 2 million pound house before the age of thirty by filming yourself wearing mountains of free granny tat, and we're meant to feel sorry for you?!?!??!?!
How these idiots earn more than doctors, nurses, lawyers and teachers combined kills me

• Angry
  • Heart