Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.
Josie's business plan, the Cotswolds edition:
  • Identify the need for a product
  • Incorporate the need onto a social media post "oh no, I dropped my camera and it's falling apart, whatever will I do"
  • Let it gain some views and interaction over a day or two. Let the Aga Army make recommendations for companies & products.
  • Email a number of brands mentioned by the Aga Army. Alert them to a potentially lucrative marketing opportunity. Show them the social media post and Aga Army comments.
  • Await a response
  • Positive response: make a social media post about the amazing new product. Provide an affiliate link. Mention regularly over the next few posts to bump interest and maximise affiliate link revenue "we just love relaxing on the garden with this amazing rose wine by mirawhatever"
  • Negative response: bash the company on social media and behave like a spoiled brat
  • And repeat. Every hour. Every day.
She also does it with brands she wants to partner with: Samsung, Daylesford, Waitrose, Dyson, Aga etc. I suspect she's been passively begging for a new Thermomix too. What next? Has to be a Kitchen Aid mixer, surely?

I bet she tries to set up a partnership with an energy company this autumn to get free heating.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 16

Pippa M

VIP Member
New here, I have been reading for a while and have been entertained by these posts.I originally thought they bought the house to use to use as a wedding venue for summer weddings,which is why she bought..erm..was gifted so many floaty dresses. Hostessing weddings would bring in money and also " employ " the Irons man.
To me as an old lady, Josie and Charlie are just kids playing housey at the moment. What they should be investing in ( and soon ) is thick curtains for the draughty windows and warmer clothes,British summers are short . I am not sure how the light will be in the autumn and winter months for the posing and primping photos but I do know that however well the underfloor heating works it will still be coolish in parts of the house. I am afraid people will see them as they really are and not as they wish to be seen.We do ! I do not know why anyone spends nearly 2 million on a house they want to pick at and repaint. Sad sad.

• Heart
Reactions: 15

Appleblossom

VIP Member
Daughter no.2 has just shown me a video of Victoria Beckham doing her makeup. Obviously an AD for her own brand but it was the tiny amount of her bathroom, that you could see, that interested me. It was her Cotswold house.
Her counter was really old wood with scores and marks, door frame the same and a dark green wallpaper. Authenticity.
No sanding or filling of old wood, no removal of age marks and no pink!
I don't like her but think I might like her house.

YEWTEWBAH

Newbie here!
Hi All,
As someone who is married to a marketing director for a luxury well known french fashion house, can I just say - there is a going to be a new wave of social media marketing following this pandemic.

If you are not a genuine person loving these heritage brands and are not prepared to invest your own coin in owning these items in the future, you will be cut from marketing PR lists.

Luxury well known fashion houses want to set a certain image about their "brand" and their teams are watching diligently how their infuenza's are behaving during this pandemic, especially those with no morals or accountability with their actions.

All fashion houses will be moving more towards classic pieces that transcend time and trends because they have taken a significant hit due to the economic crisis across the world. It costs dearly to manufacture short lived trend pieces, especially to the environment.

So a wise warning to all you infuenza's - your consumerism will bite you in the backside and you will be left feeling hollow, unwanted and unimportant. Your loyalty means nothing, and your opinions will soon be irrelevant. You cost too much to work with and you bring the identity of the labels you work with - down.

You have no integrity, no class and no business sense.

I hope you have made wise decisions with your money and invested it so that you have multiple streams of income.

The only one that appears to have done this is Patricia Bright. If I were you I would take her advice. Otherwise you will be a terrible warning to the next wave of floggers instead of a good example.
Saw this on Lydia's Thread and thought it was very apt for Lady Aga

• Heart
Things will come home to roost for Josie, eventually. It may take time, but it will.

I think she's been very dramatic about the whole negative comments thing. She saw an opportunity to turn it around and play the victim as a way of generating engagement with her channel. Comments class as interaction and the more she can make her Aga Army feel sorry for her, the more she gets them to comment, the better her analytics look. I can't believe how stupid her followers are not to see this stunt.

I'm repulsed by her attitude towards the lockdown. I really am. She has no idea how much risk she has put other people at - all the people she has passed by at Daylesford or Waitrose or at the place they collect their eggs. All she cares about is herself, her 'gram and her earning potential. I'm done with her.

• Heart

Lionessbar

Listen guys, I believe in karma, and what goes around comes around. Lady Aga is on her own journey in life. She isn't practicing what she preaches and can't take any constructive criticism. I feel sorry for her. She broke lockdown rules, and in a way I'm glad because it showed her true colours. I dont buy the alcoholism story but even if it was true, I don't know why she publicised breaking lockdown and lied about it. She is selfish, greedy, self obsessed and one track minded. She needs to learn that the world doesn't revolve around her, but she will learn this lesson on her own as life goes by. Nothing we do or say will influence that.

• Heart

Upintheair83

VIP Member
I watched the vlog and was quite shocked at how she talks down to people. Like we don’t understand, or don’t understand what bullying is. The thing is, yes I feel commenting on someone’s appearance is awful and I feel it’s the lowest form of bullying there is. However, being called out for her being deceitful and portraying an image that is totally fake is not bullying. As people have said she is a ‘brand’ in fact Lydia Millen has also referred to herself as this. These influencers get on you tube and have opened their lives up for all to see- hell we even see in their underwear drawer! It’s all on show. They play their Life out on a stage and that stage is you tube.
When big actors like Leonard’s do caprio get slated do you see him running around moaning about it? Or demanding people stop criticism. If he was good in a film people mention it, If he was bad in a film people mention that too. My point is these influencers need to realise that you tube is their bread and butter and unfortunately we all get slated time to time from not doing our job well.
I sort of get deleting negative comments from their videos to some extent- but I feel only the ones re their appearance. Because I would see that criticism as a way to grow and help my channel, let people make their own minds up. Someone else said she’s banging on about being a ‘positive’ channel well quite honestly it just seems to be all me me me. Her massive house, her perfect life. Her perfect dogs her perfect deliveries. Has she even mentioned the coronavirus?!! It would be nice if some of these influencers made at least a little ref to it by saying how worried they are about family. How they protect themselves when out shopping, how they miss family and friends. But it’s all business as normal and I think that’s what people are struggling with.
They aren’t missing family because family are there! They have moved into that gorgeous house and it’s all been about playing lord and lady of the manor. It’s not relatable to real life. It’s fake.
I get that she doesn’t want to keep going on about COVID19 but at the same time I do think they need to keep it real.
I used to really like Josie- it was after I watched the vlog titled ‘my life is not perfect’ because there were elements of her j could relate too- because yes I have a lovely life but it’s not all roses. It’s just like Lydia Millen- she moved into that big house and she’s lost the plot totally. She’s trying so hard to be something she just isn’t and it shows down to her manic speeches and fake posh voice.
I also watched Gemma miles video where she got burgled the other night and she admitted she put too much info out there about her whereabouts etc. And so I just think to all of them....you reap what you sow

• Heart

Appleblossom

VIP Member
Btw I am just finding the stuff she is buying now looks really hideous. Is it the house making it look worse or is it just worse?
I can only speak for myself as a country bumpkin but it's the juxtaposition of the life and lifestyle she is trying to portray and the fashion she is showing.
It's totally impractical for day to day, a wedding, christening or garden party yes but not day to day. Because she is describing it as day to day wear I can't take it seriously and it's too much. Though I did notice her interspersing with "meetings in the city" in today's video.
I wish I could be a fly on the wall when she ventures out to Daylesford in those Burberry leggings or a hat tied under her chin!

• Haha

withacat

Hello daaaahlings,

first time out of read only just because couldn't keep it in — who in the world casually sips wine on a blanket surrounded with three vases?! What kind of picnic is that?? I mean, a bouquet is fine and all so atmospheric and lovely, but three?! In vases??!
I also live outside the city and now just keep picturing myself getting out into the garden with a glass of bubbly and also half of our indoor plants including cacti — you know, cause its picturesque and all.

Im not even touching the subject of this blanket being by their house wall partly on the grassless ground while they have a huge lawn and a lovely table. No-no, let me just lie here, by the driveway.

• Haha

frocktalk

I think the busty sister likes her wines a little too much 😉.
That's what I was thinking! Between Josie, the sister, and Josie's mother, a bottle of wine can go fast!

Her pointing to the recently churned field and accusing the farmer - once again - of having "obliterated" it with chemicals? When she knows nothing about farming? Especially after she and Charlie openly use weed spray, and her beloved Waitrose hasn't completely cut out produce treated with chemicals? She needs to keep her mouth shut. Who does she think she is?

Next thing you know, she's going to be posted up on that window-seat in the dressing room with binoculars, monitoring everything the farmer does.

• Heart
  • Angry

Iris1969

VIP Member
I just saw a comment , she said oh trolls have so much time on their hands.. ha ha.
Well I do have more time to spend here than usual because of Covid-19 and because it keeps my mind (nails 😉) sharp, but I still don't have time to put on a frilly dress and drag 3 vases outside, in order to pretend to have a glass of rosé on the driveway 😂.

Last edited:
  • Haha

overthinkingit

:eek: I hope Josie darling and Charlie get tested for coronavirus ASAP....

... they seem to have lost all sense of taste 😂

cantbuytaste.jpg

ew.jpg

• Haha

stel

A friend of my family died recently (not of COVID). He and his widow are my parents’ best friends but they couldn’t go and see her or comfort her until super recently because lockdown laws were in place. His funeral should have hundreds of people attending; instead there could only be 10. It was just terrible.

So when I see Josie telling us all off about how her problems are more important than COVID and justify breaching lockdown laws, it’s pretty infuriating. Too many people at the moment think their problems are special and important and different, and that breaking the rules is fine for them and not for anyone else, and (disappointingly) it seems Josie is one of them.

Sorry Josie - these are unprecedented times in the history of the entire world. Everyone is struggling, but we owe it to each other not to look for ways to circumvent the restrictions that are put in place for the collective good.

I only started properly watching her very recently (for the moving content) and when I started I was neutral on her. Definitely am not neutral anymore. I think I’m gonna chuck an unsubscribe and only dip back in when it looks like she’s doing proper house content instead of this incessant haulage and photoshoot posing.

• Heart

Juliexyz

Chatty Member
so only 2 days ago she talks about alcoholism ( a serious problem not to joke about ) and now she's swooning over a shipment of 6 wine bottles because "we just finished our last one " .....wow like WOW :O

• Angry
  • Wow

frocktalk

She bought this house on impulse like when she buys anything or treats herself. She didn’t think this through but hey, anything for the I-gram.
Didn't she say she first found the house on instagram? She really did see it, like it, and buy it like just another Topshop dress. 😂

• Haha
If this idiot was in my country I would have reported her for breaking lock down laws. I'm older and have a compromised immune system so was really trying to stay safe. I missed my family so much and could have done with some help but we all thought of the common good not just ourselves. This entitled immature pink barbie disgusts me and she isn't the only one. Only just found her these last few weeks because of her house but I'm not going to watch her any more as very quickly I worked her out. This last revelation re the lock down visitors has really been the last straw.

• Heart
Reactions: 14

MadameS

Chatty Member
I just watched her Ted Baker vid on her Instagram (I’m late, I know). Wtf is she doing putting wellies on when the ground is dry 🤣 And it’s warm - her feet must have been boiling. She looked ridiculous. I live in the country/on the coast (I’m lucky to have both at once!), and I’ve never seen anyone wear wellies for running errands when it hasn’t been raining and it’s not muddy. And don’t get me started on that hat 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 14