Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

toomuchstuff

VIP Member
Too much action for me on Josies forum and Lydias forum. I had this posted on Lydias forum, oops

Posting this because this person says very eloquently what I think about the latest Josie carryon. If Claudine is among us here "well said Claudine

sensible comment.jpg

• Heart
Reactions: 19

YEWTEWBAH

Her followers are delusional!!

Screenshot 2020-05-24 at 19.08.59.png

The IG story that Scarlett posted - No one is saying alcoholism isn't an issue and that pink shorts needs a support system (Assuming this is what this is about) But maybe lets also start with not having a bottle of Mirabeau each evening?? instead of flouting the law

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 18

Sandy2507

Hi folks, I hope you continue to stay save and healthy!

I've got the impression it doesn't make any sense to criticize her, she'll delete anything that doesn't suit her, which causes frustration on our side. However, even if she deletes all comments, they are not deleted in our minds, right! She hasn't quite understood that one of the greatest achievements in our society is "freedom of speech" and on a channel on which this fundamental right is denied, I don't want to be anymore. Such attitude promotes a society of robots which consents to everything without even thinking. I thought we live in an era of "dare to think for yourself", but it seems this is still not the case. Sheep run after sheep and that won't change on Josie's channel.
Furthermore, gossip sites exist because people’s opinions are muted on her channel. It hurts not to be heard! On gossip sites people ‘are’ heard and respected. People are dying out there, there’s a lot of sadness going on right now, true, but doesn’t she realize that some of her followers don’t want to see excessive consumerism and betrayal like hiding people in her house when others endorse the lockdown rules and haven’t seen their family for weeks? Why not admit it instead of playing hide and seek with us?? On top of that, sometimes criticism isn't always about the sender, it's about the receiver as well. We are not depressed, frustrated or whatever she thinks we are (at least not me, I live a wonderful life with my husband and kids in a gorgeous house too, own business and I am quite satisfied with my life as many of you are too, I bet), we are just a little more intelligent than her and her minions, we see through the facade and she doesn't want to hear that. I came to her channel because of distraction from my demanding job and the kids - as much as I love them, sometimes you need a break, right. Anyway, she's changed so much and turned into such a selfish woman that I can't bear it anymore. Watching her is not fun anymore it's become increasingly annoying and for me, that's not because of the pandemic, it's because of her morphing into a condescending liar, being greedy and obsessed with consumerism while betraying honest followers. Hence, my time is too precious to waste it with watching this stupid stubborn woman, I'll quit watching her.

• Heart

YEWTEWBAH

Notes on a Shit Show: WE NEED TO TALK

Let's begin with her tedious discussion and break down some of her points.

There is a massive difference between criticism and bullying, if you put yourself in the public eye who are you to dare censor anyone's comments or criticism, the world isn't all Lilacs and Peonies, if it was continuous and personal I'd understand the bullying comment but people disagreeing with you or pointing out their beliefs isn't bullying darling and you shouldn't be doing this if you cannot handle anyone else's thoughts.

Further to that, our silly sosidge goes on to contradict herself by even saying they're silly comments, are they silly or are they bullying - get your facts straight before you confront your audience and at least stick to your own storyline.

The main criticism with the farmer discussion was that it isn't her place to tell anyone how to run their business, again that same logic of questioning the farmer's methods is just what you get on your youtube page comments about your audience questioning/criticising you, and you don't like it - so who's to say the farmer liked it in any way, shape or form.

Also that she seriously lacks common sense, why is a farmer going to put anything on his crops or fields that would kill plants.. doesn't that just defeat the purpose of what he is trying to do.

Your precious allotment was fine before you arrived and I'm sure the farmer has lived in the area a lot longer than your 6/7 weeks wouldn't it be noticeable if there even was any issue like that.

How DARE Josie minimise COVID-19, how dare you minimise the deaths globally, the effort and hard work put in by key workers to try keep this country running, no one is saying there aren't issues in the world, but in a GLOBAL pandemic isn't the time to make comparisons, ignorant twat.

Whatever decisions her and her family make just aren't cutting it for me sweetie - they are not above the law and they clearly broke it - no one from different households were allowed to mix, it was that simple, no matter how "grown-up" you are doesn't make you better than the rest of us that have stuck to lockdown.

Although I am wondering the "alcoholism" comment could have been about dear pink shorts - and the "financial" problems. Definitely a little insight there into her world.

Sorry for any grammar mistakes all, wanted to get this off my chest.

• Heart

Maiiam

New to this thread. Just to clarify, they bought a house with millions but she’s picking up a free chair on the road???

• Haha
Reactions: 17

notsoposh

VIP Member
I don’t understand the logic, all these days she sold the “it’s an investment” tagline and the sheep ate it up. Now she’s moved to the countryside so she needs a new wardrobe? What about the investment pieces Josie?!

Another issue, how does one person’s taste in clothes change when they move to the countryside? If it doesn’t change, why is she justifying it by saying she needs countryside pieces?

Her fans are the biggest morons I have ever come across, not one brain cell between them!

• Haha
  • Heart

Iris1969

VIP Member
Very wisely said and so true, thank you! I wish we could do more to spread the dangers of promoting alcohol in connection with influencers on their YT channels, which are mainly watched by young people! In fact, it should be prohibited!
Exactly, why are cigarette ads prohibited and is alcohol still glorified? 🥴

Hey! So glad you are here. I’m the person that DM’d you on Instagram (Just Lynsey) xxx
This is such a sweet community 😍.

• Heart

Kim_laurie3

Late suggestion:
How to Dress for Alcoholics Affiliates for Lockdown Lockin in the STUNNING COTSWOLDS

I will also accept anything involving Alcoholics Affiliates
i think making fun using the AA, alcoholics..shows poor taste. It is a very serious problem that affects millions and destroys families. If I may say, I don’t think it is a good idea to use it on a title.

• Heart

Appleblossom

VIP Member
Top 2 headlines today.
Dominic Cummings to make a public statement later today. Tory MP'S are calling for his sacking after he breached lockdown rules. His own party!

Weston-super-mare hospital has closed it's A&E department and is no longer taking new patients because of an influx of Covid-19 patients.
It is thought this is because of people travelling to area, breaching lockdown rules, to go to the beach!

Yet people calling little Miss Josie out on it are bullies and jealous. :mad:

• Wow
  • Angry

Iloveflowers

Watched the first few minutes of today's vlog and had to switch off!
That poor farmer, she is so insulting. I think she needs to take her Sweaty Betty clad arse back to the city!
Why do you think your Waitrose strawberries last as long as they do, dear? Bloody preservatives!
Honestly, I feel angry over her insulting that farmer. I do live in the Cotswolds, and she knows ZERO about farming, and is making very harmful and incorrect assertions in a public place about one of her neighbours. Really stupid and actually offensive.

• Heart
  • Angry

Appleblossom

VIP Member
She was blaming her neighbor (the farmer) that his pesticides were the reason why her garden was dying without any proof during her vlog
It's not like you to miss the finer detail.😂 She accused him of using pesticides but she was informed in the comments that pesticides dont kill plants. Only herbicides do. It was only her hydrangeas that died. So unless the weed killer had some special hydrangea guided powers it wasn't that or it would kill everything in its path. It was possibly the frost or the fact they water in direct sunlight.
She then confronted the farmer and accused him to his face. He denied using anything because he was planting radishes. Obviously herbicides would kill the crop but Josie still keeping going on about pesticides. She then was annoyed that he had ploughed the field because it wasn't pretty anymore.
She is such an arrogant idiot!
She got a lot of negative comments about this. I am nearly sure some were locals.

• Angry

beautyblogger123

VIP Member
Can I ask why Josie acts like a pastiche of some Edwardian.

'I'm rouge', outfits for summer afternoons, different outfits for dinner.

Also, no-one at Daylesford, or anywhere in the Cotswolds dresses anything like her. It's full of people in jeans, barbers and sweaters. I would PAY to see her float around there dressed like a ghost of a Victorian child

• Haha

SaltyCaramelTart

New here, although I've posted a couple of times on Guru Gossip. Completely agree with the comments about her being a fish out of water in the countryside and I wasn't going to post anything as I don't like gossiping per se, only calling people out on their bad behaviour.

The way I see it, people have mainly been irked where she's been pushing fast fashion content (read here for a headline on its environmental impact: https://oxfamapps.org/media/press_r...iving-a-car-around-the-world-six-times-oxfam/ and just run a google search of 'sweatshop' for the human one) while preaching about sustainability. I have been buying all of my clothes second hand for some time now, not necessarily even used, but second hand. I thought she was an inherently sweet person, so just didn't watch the hauls and then unsubscribed a few weeks ago. I don't care what car someone drives to an extent - living in the countryside, one needs a car and that's just a necessary evil I'm afraid.

I unsubscribed from her several weeks ago as I found her hauls boring and repetitive and I don't want to sit through a half-hour vlog. Then I saw the 'WE NEED TO TALK' video in my recommended videos last night, so I thought I'd have a gander. Fair enough, no one likes being gossiped about online. I got curious and came on here. I had no idea that she'd broken Covid laws (a bit like pound shop Goebbels, as some have said), but she absolutely has if there were people in her house from a separate household who were not there to inspect it for sale, to offer an essential service or to clean it.

That she has the audacity to say that there are other issues in the world, as a means of minimising her breach of Covid laws, is truly despicable. I have needed support as I was the victim of a serious crime early this year and I nearly died following an outpatient treatment during the lockdown. Guess what? I haven't broken Covid laws once. I have worn a mask every time I go outside, even when I'm on my horses. I haven't left the house unless it's been to see my horses, to go to the hospital, or to get food. I have been receiving support over the last few weeks from my household and over the phone, including from a therapist. If their issue is anything like as bad, then that is the kind of support they should be receiving. Alternatively, they could have moved in family members and self-isolated for 14 days. Having other issues doesn't give you the right to ride roughshod over the law like a common criminal.

She clearly endorses other people breaking lockdown too, judging by how she's validated these comments with a like. Screenshots for posterity.

I was ready until I saw these comments to have sympathy for her, but no. She's just been an entitled, fake, narcissistic, deceptive, lying brat. I hope that her local community reject her. I know that mine most certainly would for how she lambasted that farmer.

Attachments

• Heart
Reactions: 16

withacat

Daughter no.2 has just shown me a video of Victoria Beckham doing her makeup. Obviously an AD for her own brand but it was the tiny amount of her bathroom, that you could see, that interested me. It was her Cotswold house.
Her counter was really old wood with scores and marks, door frame the same and a dark green wallpaper. Authenticity.
No sanding or filling of old wood, no removal of age marks and no pink!
I don't like her but think I might like her house.
I simply can't get why remake such an amazingly restored house. From what I see in Josie's videos the previous owner did an amazing job of preserving its historical ambiance while giving it a rather elegant contemporary touch.
It is pure luxury to live in beautifully aged house, having that kind of wood, brick, metal, glass in your home and knowing its authentic, it breathes history... I don't know, it is beyond me why they are willing to change so much and turn this gem into some pink&gold vomit (sorry).

• Heart

overthinkingit

I suffered through the latest vlog to give you all a recap ;)

Josie:
-is painting her bathtub pink, and the feet gold... disgustingly nouveau riche :sick:
-accused the poor local farmer of ruining her plants and insinuates that he made the field ugly by tilling the dirt. That's what a field is for Josie, stop complaining that he ruined your bucolic view, it's downright disrespectful.
-shills Caudalie, whose serum's top three ingredients are water, butylene glycol (a petroleum derived alcohol), and glycerin. What a luxurious product
-her eyebrows are looking awfully brassy
-I'm being petty here, but the way she loudly knocks that straw around while stirring her smoothie is so classless

but now at least we know how she keeps Charlie around...
whatthatmouthdo.jpg

-she has so little furniture that she has to move her pink lamp back and forth from the sitting room to her filming room when she needs to record a video. Having trouble picking up enough leftovers on the side of the road darling? :ROFLMAO:
-we're treated to a special tour of the plants that Charlie managed not to kill. She doesn't know what a Jasmine plant looks like.
-we also get to see her do some actual work cleaning her bathroom in a granny getup

• Haha
  • Heart