Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Ktb

VIP Member
the actress who plays Denise does not age at all does she.
She looks fab

• Heart
Reactions: 25

Instashamous

Gray will just have to kill anyone from the Square who sees him flipping burgers!
I enjoy how in the eastenders version of London there is a jump between ‘lawyer’ and ‘burger flipper’ as if there’s no roles in between he could apply his transferable skills to 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 25

orlyb1310

VIP Member
I love how Kim can go from comedy to vulnerability so quickly. It’s nice to see her have a storyline other than being a bloody matchmaker.

Reactions: 24

Squittel

VIP Member
Anyone else feel like there is a distinct lack of nuance in characterisation these days?

Take Aaron for example. New character and it feels like his characterisation is just “bad person” so he just does all the BAD PERSON stuff because he is there purely for the audience to not like, so we see him spiking his fathers drink, being racist, controlling his younger sister, treating Tiffany badly. Which is fine, if he’s just a flash in the pan character/ plot device, but you know what would be much more interesting to watch? A proper East End lad, he’s happy go lucky, he’s funny, he’s charismatic and he is introduced as such. We meet him, he clearly cares a great deal for his family and has an eye for the ladies. Gradually we are introduced to his flaws, he’s quite eager to jump down Bobby’s throat but the audience understands that because Bobby is an ex-offender and he’s looking out for his sister. Maybe there are points at which the audience might question his motives, is he islamophobic? We don’t know. The tension builds, a little comment here, a little comment there. Then gradually we find out about his connections to anti-Islam groups but he’s torn because actually he’s started to get on with Bobby a bit and that’s unsettling for him because maybe muslims ARE ok but at the same time he can’t stop the odd comment about mosques etc. Then one day he loses it and all the vitriol comes out and his racism is out there and then bang you suddenly have a character who the audience have grown fond of despite reservations suddenly being an out and out islamaphobe and he either goes bull blown islamophobe or we get to see his journey into change and discovery.

but no, let’s just have an all around arsehole with no redeeming qualities who can just be a villain for 6 months before either leaving or having a total personality transplant.

• Heart
Reactions: 24

VIP Member
I’m so bored of Aaron, he reminds me of the Boss Baby in that suit (the kids film) plus he sounds like a little boy too

• Haha
Reactions: 23

Muchbee

VIP Member
I can’t remember Paul or Paul’s death 🤔
I think he was Ben's first proper boyfriend. Phil refused to accept them. He was beat up for being gay on a night out with Ben and died. He had black curls and a wee headband he was an absolute wee lamb and didn't deserve to die ☹

The Cokers who ran the funeral parlour , he was their Grandson . Les
And Pam I think
Yes! Remember Les liked to dress up as a woman the spitting image of Ruth Langford!

• Haha
Reactions: 21

Instashamous

It’s nonsensical to me that Whitney could be groomed by a paedophile, solicited into prostitution, have a disastrous marriage and serveral engagements, be stalked and almost murdered by a boyfriend, and still not be able to spot a red flag.

• Haha
Reactions: 21

SpindleWhorl

VIP Member
Ooof that Peter Beale..about 7 foot tall with amazing hair..would love to grab on to it whilst he fucks me silly

• Haha
  • Sick
  • Heart
Reactions: 20

Scotch Mist

VIP Member
So in Phil's Magic House we have:
Phil Kat Tommy Bert Ernie Scarlett Stacey Arthur Lily Hope Jean and Eve 😆

Phil must have had another wing added after the fire 😃

• Haha
Reactions: 19

paigelemonade

VIP Member
After all of that couldn’t have Whitless just made her own account and search the words ball and change to find Chantelle’s profile and posts….

• Haha
Reactions: 19

Scotch Mist

VIP Member
Chelsea's face when Gray gave her the ring 😆 and her disdain for his daughter 😄 she's outrageous.

I'm looking forward to the Slaters moving in with Phil 😁 could be comedy gold.

The scene between Harvey and Aaron was really strong and they do look like they could be related (which helps).
I've started to find them interesting now. I bet Aaron is the ring leader not just one of the 'boys'.

Reactions: 18