Eastenders #3

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Last night’s episode was probably the best one since Phil’s house fire. However, the wedding and outing Gray should’ve been THE storyline. It deserved at least 80% airtime but it was spread too thinly because they decided to out Rocky as a conman at the same time and it watered down the bombshell of Nick not being Dotty’s blood father. Perhaps they should’ve left the Rocky storyline till the new year and focused on Gray and Chelsea with a bit of Kat/Sharon/Phil and Janine/Mick to break the wedding scenes up a bit.

Reactions: 16
Some Christmas day episode opinions.......

1) Why was it put on later if nothing was going to happen in the episode to justify why it needed to be shown later?

2) Why would Mick kiss Janine back so easily? Scriptwriters forgetting his character is loveable husband.

3) Why was Minute Mart open on Christmas day when even the big supermarkets are not even open?

4) Why was the only character wearing something to do with Christmas the Muslim?

5) With both Frankie and Linda not around how did his other family like Nancy and Shirley manage to avoid working Christmas Day in a packed pub?

6) Why didn't Whitney send the images to Chelsea before she got married?

7) Why did Whitney send images at all instead of just a link to the forum so Chelsea could sign up, click on the old Chantelle profile and read all her posts without Whitney spamming the gallery on her phone?

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Last night’s episode was probably the best one since Phil’s house fire. However, the wedding and outing Gray should’ve been THE storyline. It deserved at least 80% airtime but it was spread too thinly because they decided to out Rocky as a conman at the same time and it watered down the bombshell of Nick not being Dotty’s blood father. Perhaps they should’ve left the Rocky storyline till the new year and focused on Gray and Chelsea with a bit of Kat/Sharon/Phil and Janine/Mick to break the wedding scenes up a bit.
I was expecting Chelsea to run up to the bell in the Vic, ring it and tell everyone what an abusive bastard Gray is!

Reactions: 8
That felt more like the build up to a Christmas Day episode for me. There was too much filler, no need for the Phil/Kat/Sharon/Janine stuff.

Reactions: 14
Well that was an anticlimax.
I know I've said before that soaps should stick to the 'you ain't my muvva' type stuff before but that 'reveal' about Rocky being Dottie's dad was some of the laziest soap writing going. Yeah, let's just forget all the backgrounds of these characters and everything we already know for the sake of a cheap shock. Who even cares? These characters have been on the square for 5 minutes! I do like Rocky but could not give 2 shits about Dotties mum and any of her storylines.

I just can’t believe EE would put that out as the Christmas Day episode, knowing how iconic EE Christmases are and the build up to it. Kate Oates has destroyed this show

Not bad I suppose but not great....if it was as easy as showing her the messages it should have been done before not after...I mean she had the smoking gun...why not just show them to her at the house.. Chelsea's not stupid...also Chantelle hasnt been dead that long...it doesn't really check out that her family would be so supportive of Grey remarrying so soon...and I would go to her family first with the messages as Mitch was getting suspicious of something being up before Chantelle died...
I'll run you a nice hot bath being line of the night lol..

Knew Janine and Mick would kiss and the Rocky being her Dad bit...also is it just me or are they focusing on that mural all of a sudden?

Reactions: 12
Some Christmas day episode opinions.......

4) Why was the only character wearing something to do with Christmas the Muslim?

5) With both Frankie and Linda not around how did his other family like Nancy and Shirley manage to avoid working Christmas Day in a packed pub?

7) Why did Whitney send images at all instead of just a link to the forum so Chelsea could sign up, click on the old Chantelle profile and read all her posts without Whitney spamming the gallery on her phone?
4) Janine was in a Christmas outfit

5) Shirley was there (although we didn’t see her). Straight after Janine & Mick’s kiss Shirley shouted she needed some help and Mick said “coming mum”

7) Yes Whitney could have just sent Chelsea the link so Chelsea could sign up to the forum herself and read Chantelle’s old posts, however why didn’t Whitney do that for herself in the first place instead of spending a couple of days trying to figure out Chantelle’s password to sign in as Chantelle?

Last edited:
Reactions: 8
Why was Whitney dressed like a 1950s prostitute?
I'm so sick of seeing closeups of her face and that one gormless, bambi-eyed expression she has.

• Haha
Reactions: 18
I gave up on EastEnders ages ago, watched it tonight to see if xmas ep was going to be dramatic (as they used to be) it was crap!!!

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.