Eastenders #3

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
2009/2010 is sooo amazing! Stacey is such a good actress I forgot how good she acted her bipolar storyline.
I find eastenders now intolerable, it’s so boring.

Reactions: 4
Here are a list of Eastenders characters who have had abortions, the most recent one being Lola in 2020

View attachment 812676
Wait when did Ash have an abortion? Is it the same Ash?

I wouldn’t mind Vincent returning. He was OK. What's happened to Kim's children? Pearl was the cutest. I thought that the child playing the part was Tameka's daughter in real life.
Pearl was in it the other day. Looked like the same actress. Not quite as cute now she's a bit older sadly haha

Here are a list of Eastenders characters who have had abortions, the most recent one being Lola in 2020

View attachment 812676
Thanks . It's actually quite a low amount considering the length of time EE has been on air. That's goes all the way back to the beginning in the 80s.

It's a soap 'rule' that a woman always ends up pregnant by accident and the father is a reckless gangster, or in this case a psycho ex-lawyer. 🤔

I really don't want Grey to leave, his character has so much potential for future evil on the square 😫

Anyone else confused about the ‘you lot’ thing. He clearly meant young people, Kat has sacked him because of how it could have sounded to Ash?! 🙄

Anyone else confused about the ‘you lot’ thing. He clearly meant young people, Kat has sacked him because of how it could have sounded to Ash?! 🙄
Yeah I'm confused about the message they're trying to send. I think he did mean young people but they're trying to highlight how things can be misconstrued and people should be more aware of what they say, but also how it can be tricky for older people like Harvey to 'keep up' as Kat put it.

I think it would be stupid if we're just supposed to accept that he's racist based off of that. But then Eastenders aren't very good at nuance when it comes to social justice storylines.

Reactions: 8
I don't know what to think about Harvey, he was anti Muslim with Bobby so he might be prejudiced.

He's not a character that I feel any investment in. If he and drippy Dana left tomorrow who would care? Well certainly not me.

I'm more baffled by the fact that Denise thinks she can fob Kim off. Of course she wants to know what happened to her husband who wouldn't?

Reactions: 13
I’d feel more sorry for him if we weren’t aware of how against his daughter dating a Muslim he is. He asked Kathy why Bobby couldn’t have just turned catholic instead. It also shows how Ash wasn’t overreacting because yes, Harvey’s comment was ambiguous but she was right, he doesn’t like ‘people like her’. She has probably received so many bigoted remarks like that that she can tell when someone is well-meaning and genuinely said the wrong thing by mistake vs someone like Harvey trying to make themselves out to be the victim when they’re called a bigot.

Reactions: 6
Gray will just have to kill anyone from the Square who sees him flipping burgers!
I enjoy how in the eastenders version of London there is a jump between ‘lawyer’ and ‘burger flipper’ as if there’s no roles in between he could apply his transferable skills to 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 25
I truly think the 'your lot' comment was un-racist and he meant younger folks in general. It makes more sense in the context of throwing up in cabs and refusing to pay. Ash herself had been experiencing true prejudice from the old bat in the hospital, and had her heckles raised and took Harvey's comment as the same vitriol she received from the old woman.

However, Harvey clearly is a bigot, definitely anti-muslim. So it's interesting that a non-racist comment has become his undoing. The fact every one has instantly decided it was racist, shows he must be making snipes and comments all the time (as we've seen) to make other characters know he has prejudices. He is a typical sneaky bastard though and rarely says his hate speech to anyone but others he thinks will share his POV, like Kathy.

Reactions: 9
I enjoy how in the eastenders version of London there is a jump between ‘lawyer’ and ‘burger flipper’ as if there’s no roles in between he could apply his transferable skills to 😂
It always made me laugh that because he was a lawyer he would obviously wear nothing but suits 😂 I think we’ve seen him in jeans twice, and a tracksuit a couple of times when he was exercising 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 5
The best part of yesterday's episode was Ash calling Peter out on his 'outrage' IMO.

Couldn't give a tit about Harvey. Can someone make a meteorite fall on his flat to eliminate him and Dana please 🙏

Gray has plenty of transferable skills. Many organisations would want a lawyer as part of their legal team, not to mention all the shady ones as well. He could fall in with Ritchie for example defending dodgy gangster types. The idea that he would have to take an unqualified job for teenagers is ridiculous 🙄

Am looking forward to Janine scamming ratty Jay 😁

Reactions: 10
The best part of yesterday's episode was Ash calling Peter out on his 'outrage' IMO.
I hate Peter with every fibre of my being 😅
I wonder if they decided to make him so detestable because they needed a replacement for Ian. At least Ian never thought he was gods gift to women whilst looking like a greasy scrotum

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.